Thinking about an Audi R8 V10

ArabianOak

Established Member
hi gang,

I’m starting to think about trading my rs7 in on a 2014 or newer r8 v10.

As many of you know I love my rs7. It’s my daily, runs mid 10s in almost any weather and has incredible comfort.

Believe it or not the r8 v10 will be a step down in straight line performance. Not the biggest deal as they run low 11s stock and I would APR tune it for another 60 hp probably the same day. Lol.

I know the handling will be night and day and the comfort may not be what I am used to. However I am driving less and when I do drive it’s almost always just me. Don’t really need the 4 doors anymore.

There is literally no other car that appeals to me to replace my rs7. And even the r8 feels like I might be stepping down in several ways.

With the 14 and newer r8 v10 being just under 100k used now they are really catching my eye.

Any thoughts on this? The rs7 is so dam good it’s really hard to even imagine my daily life without it!

blk02edge

Established Member
I know you love my opinions but if i were you id just skip ahead and get the 720s, we all know you'll sell the R8 in a week. My opinion is the R8 is kinda a blaaah experience

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I haven't driven a new R8, but drove a first gen V10. It looked kinda cool, and sounded great, but didn't feel that fast and the handling was meh. It didn't leave me feeling like I needed to own one. I know the newer model is better, but personally I'd pick either an AMG GTS/C/R for theatrics (theatrics is the only reason to step from an RS7 to the R8) or a 911 Turbo for a similar speed/comfort/stealth factor as your RS7. Both are turbo torque monsters and can be easily tuned to wax anything short of an UGR R8.

Blown 89

Established Member
My first question would be maintenance costs. That and insurance is what catches most people out. My dad picked up a cheapish McLaren 12c and as I was changing the brakes on my V in his garage (and reeling at the cost of it) directly behind me was a carbon ceramic brake setup that costs per wheel what my entire Brembo setup cost. The R8 is probably more accessible but outs something to think about.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I would hate daily driving a cramped 2 seat midship everyday. Keep the saloon for daily stuff. How can you take friends or clients anywhere with 2 seats.

You get an r8v10, in a month you’ll buy another sedan. R8 to me is a step down in overall enjoyment. Nice sedan is more usable and fun everyday, plus you expect less and perceive more from a sedan. With supercar, you expect a lot and realize it’s not very different.

Save the time, sell the rs7 for a newer faster sedan (turbo Audi or Mercedes with mods performed like tune/bolt ons) or just keep it and put some more power in it

FJohnny

Established Member
A daily driver should have a back seat and hatch for a dog. It doesn't matter whether you even have a dog or not. Just good to know you could if you needed to. And it makes you appear more likeable.

If you get a two seater supercar as the daily to go with your two seater beast you risk looking like an 'Oh, look at me' blowhole.

Most important, though, is that it's your money. Who gives a crap what people like me think? Nice to have such a difficult choice to make.

Enjoy the process and all the best to you.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yes!

7ea29444c5388203f4e634c6182a4458.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread