Thinking about a terminator.

cobragator005

So i currently have a 99 vette with a head and cam package dynoed at 475rwhp and 497rwtq. I want to know what it would take as far as mods to get these cars in the tens in the quarter mile. I dont want to run nitrious. I only am suddenly thinking about these cars cause some kid said a pulley and you will be in the tens. Ive dusted many seemingly stock 03-04 cobras thats why i never had much interest before now.

realaxed83

Established Member
Ahhh, just a pulley......no way. Maybe with some tires, some serious weight reduction and a hell of a driver to go along with that pulley and even that would be a strecth in my opinion.

cobragator005

thats what i thought. I have a vette that im sure weighs at least a little less than these cars and have about the same hp as a cobra with probably intake exhaust upper pulley and a tune and im not in the tens.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As an example, my old '03 Cobra (504rwhp) ran low 11s at around 124. That was with a 2.80 pulley, ported blower, intake, catback/X-pipe and good tune. Pulley-only Terminators usually make between 440-470rwhp, assuming intake & exhaust mods are included. It is VERY rare to see a Terminator with just a pulley and tune and no other motor mods.

Your Vette sounds pretty hot. 475rwhp in a lightweight Corvette must be a blast.

Can you post a picture or video?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
So i currently have a 99 vette with a head and cam package dynoed at 475rwhp and 497rwtq. I want to know what it would take as far as mods to get these cars in the tens in the quarter mile. I dont want to run nitrious. I only am suddenly thinking about these cars cause some kid said a pulley and you will be in the tens. Ive dusted many seemingly stock 03-04 cobras thats why i never had much interest before now.

Well it is possible...ALMO did it in a way. I've seen a couple ported eaton cobras making it to the 10's without nitrous but a twin screw will get you there for sure.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
That vette doesn't sounds too bad itself. I have, a terminator
and I think about mine all the time. :pepper:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
So i currently have a 99 vette with a head and cam package dynoed at 475rwhp and 497rwtq.

What are the specs on the car? Most C5's I've seen with your average H/C combo are putting down 420-450 rwhp. Unless you're going to go with full bolt-ons and a ported blower you're not going to be happy.

a pulley will run 10's? lmao. id find new car friends bud

There's been a couple of guys with intake/exhaust/pullied that have gone 10's. But they're few and far between.

BlownReptile

Established Member
Whipples are cheap....and they'll get you there with supporting mods from what I understand. I'm a former GTO owner, and I'm just as impressed with this car as I was with my goat, but then again, she was no vette.

Users who are viewing this thread