Things You Say/Think After 60!

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Don't dare leave your reading glasses going to a store or food joint with an actual menu. We have them everywhere in the house and multiple pairs in the vehicles.

I am on the edge of needing reading glasses. I can't see shit close up. I'm just holding out at this point.

Four pair of glasses is not enough!!! I still lose them...never can find cell phone, car keys, when I need them

I got like 9 pairs of two different strengths - lol. At least 1 pair in each of the vehicles glove box, 3 pairs above the fridge, and 3 squirreled away for when I break or lose the others.

Then I have 2 expensive Rx bifocal pairs that I wear about 6 times per year.

IMG_9718.jpeg

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of the young kids at work, (he is 19) asked me (almost 63) if you get more raciest as you get older. I said "yup, pretty much". Lol.
At least that is my take on it.
Some of it comes from having a better understanding of History. Some from a life of observing and living through different situations, ect.
Prejudice's don't happen out of thin air. It is from observed actions.
Profiling comes from the same observed actions.
If you act, talk, respond a certain way, over time people are going to peg you as a (fill in the blank) it is human nature, and it is rarely wrong.
Trust your Instincts, you have them for a reason.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of the young kids at work, (he is 19) asked me (almost 63) if you get more raciest as you get older. I said "yup, pretty much". Lol.
At least that is my take on it.
Some of it comes from having a better understanding of History. Some from a life of observing and living through different situations, ect.
Prejudice's don't happen out of thin air. It is from observed actions.
Profiling comes from the same observed actions.
If you act, talk, respond a certain way, over time people are going to peg you as a (fill in the blank) it is human nature, and it is rarely wrong.
Trust your Instincts, you have them for a reason.
Good post. Also, as we become older and wiser, we gain (or should gain) a more acute understanding of cultural issues that have a profound effect on our society. Younger folks tend to dismiss actions we might not dismiss, and are more easily influenced by social activists. We tend to observe and not dismiss actions, and we're much less influenced by social activists. One reason why the young should listen more to the elderly. ;)

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Good post. Also, as we become older and wiser, we gain (or should gain) a more acute understanding of cultural issues that have a profound effect on our society. Younger folks tend to dismiss actions we might not dismiss, and are more easily influenced by social activists. We tend to observe and not dismiss actions, and we're much less influenced by social activists. One reason why the young should listen more to the elderly. ;)

Define wiser ( lolol )

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
57 here and 3, 4, 7, 9, 11 and 12 apply.

5 used to apply before I bought about 9 pairs of readers and scattered them throughout the house, garage and truck.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
My youngest daughter turns 49 this month, the oldest is 53, well beyond 60 !
Always spoke my mind, but as I get older, I say things others consider " out of place ".
I have been accused of having NO PEOPLE SKILLS..

ROFLMAO!!! Yep, I live there too.

The other day my neighbors were out front (We are cool, but don't hang out or anything). I was washing my car. I went in to my garage to get something. The neighbors were staring hard at the front of their house (I think they were looking at their flower bed or some decoration they put there or something).

As I walked out of the garage I said to them "Damn, you guys are staring at the front of your house like I stole something." They looked at me funny and said, no.... I laughed. I told my wife how I was joking with them and she told me that some times I think I'm funny when I'm not and what I said could be considered offensive. LMAO!!!!!

I think I'm hilarious LOL....

jessie_sanders

Established Member
The older I get the more things I was told when I was a teenager make sense. There's an older gentleman that is a retired Navy man that is just a wealth of knowledge and full of war stories that I've been taking to lunch for about five years now every opportunity I get.

The first one that comes to mind is never carry what you can roll (dolly). And then of course everything Dad said about aftermarket parts on a vehicle and just leaving it stock. Which I will never do.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I now know why old people are always grumpy and taking naps:

Who can get any sleep when your compression socks are too tight, a.k.a. Feet O' Fire, anxiety over accidently swallowing your $15 Amazon mouthguard during the night and your CPAP mask leaks like a MF'er.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread