Thermostat running hot today

svtleen

Established Member
It was 90 out here in San Diego, CA and I was just messing around with boosting my Whipple 03 for like 20 minutes on the street along with another stang buddy of mines. I had the A/C full blast of course and I started to notice the temp gauge was passing the 'Temp' icon and getting near the 'H' end. Is this typical for Whipple 03 Cobras with 160 degree stat with A/C full blast??? I let it rest for 1 hour and I started it up and ran it on the freeway home for like 15 miles and the temp gauge was at normal op again????Here is my mod list:

Engine/Performance:
- 2.3L Whipple Supercharger W140AX with 100mm TB
- Whipple "bling" 3.5 Upper Pulley
- Accufab 1800cfm polished throttle body
- BilletFlow Snub Idler Bracket w/4 Idler Pulleys
- Fluidyne radiator with cooling head mod (LDC)
- 160 degree Tstat
- NEW NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
- SCT Xcal 2/Tuning by R.E.T. (Racers Edge Tuning, Downey,CA); comes with 3 tunes, 19psi (+96 octane), 15psi (91 octane), and stock.
- Huge Vortec blower coolant reservoir
- Siemens/Deka 60 lb/hr Injectors with wiring harness
- SCT BA2400 MAF
- Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, hardwired
- MAC 3” Headers back exhaust, no cats
- Battery relocated to trunk
- O2 sensor simulators (no check engine light!)

Please help...thanks:shrug:

03cobra#116

Established Member
Now that my car has a few years on it, I display the water temperature in the odometer all the time -- just in case.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes a proper thermostat will help a lot but I wouldn't recommend doing much back to back WOT with the A/C on. The A/C heat exchanger kicks a lot of heat right back into the radiator, reducing the radiator's effectiveness.

Users who are viewing this thread