mebetter

Established Member
Theres alot of guys here in NY with Fords and Chevys in the 7's and drive them around. Pretty nice to see and all, But 7 second cars are pretty much USELESS on the street. Where there is no track prep, they blow the bologna skins right off the rim! But these are cars that are built for dead stop to the 1320. Not the NRRA. I was expecting to see more Dig races in this TX vs OK showdown... I guess these guy's use slicks to only hook from a 60mph?? :lol:

Dan :beer:

haters_gonna_hate.gif

69mach428

Established Member
Don't forget all the people who didnt even have a car that night running thier mouths like they handed out losses to tx when they were just in the back sayin o nice run. Anyone see 408 driving?

408 just sold his car, went 9.81 with the 125 pills. See you guys at TX2K11

HERCULES

Established Member
Don't forget all the people who didnt even have a car that night running thier mouths like they handed out losses to tx when they were just in the back sayin o nice run. Anyone see 408 driving?

Well Chase isn't some stupid ass kid. He has probably forgotten more things about cars/racing than most know. And if his car would of been there it would of just added to the talley marks. As just stated he recently sold his car but he will have something for you guys to play with at TX2K11 :poke:

408bluedog

Established Member
Don't talk about America's smartest people like that it's not like they elected the governator and are millions in debt or anything. Before everyone gets their feelings hurt I was born and raised in Sacramento.

I don't think anyone will get hurt. I was born and raised in California and I can pretty much vouch that all the smack talk about it is fairly accurate.

'Trust'

Established Member
Dang, just saw this. A lot of hurt feelings, people forget that it all comes down to who spent their money more efficiently, and hand/eye coordination, that's it. The YSi car, I was told, was making 850rwhp, if it wasn't, that's my bad. However, you ran pretty good with the Viper in the first gear or so, but I was recording, and he left you hard.

It was a really fun night, everyone got a long fine. I'm sure everyone would be up for rematches, maybe Kyle at 1320 can get us some good footage for the TX2K12 vid. Let's make it happen.

lol i got got beat by a twins races gas viper, big deal that car was badass.
both our cars would leave you sittin there.

Not to nit pick, but the Viper was on it's absolute lowest boost setting on 91 pump gas. I think it makes right at 950rwhp/1001rwtq on that. You don't want to run it on race gas.

SVT LOL

Established Member
Dang, just saw this. A lot of hurt feelings, people forget that it all comes down to who spent their money more efficiently, and hand/eye coordination, that's it. The YSi car, I was told, was making 850rwhp, if it wasn't, that's my bad. However, you ran pretty good with the Viper in the first gear or so, but I was recording, and he left you hard.
It was a really fun night, everyone got a long fine. I'm sure everyone would be up for rematches, maybe Kyle at 1320 can get us some good footage for the TX2K12 vid. Let's make it happen.
Not to nit pick, but the Viper was on it's absolute lowest boost setting on 91 pump gas. I think it makes right at 950rwhp/1001rwtq on that. You don't want to run it on race gas.

nobody had hurt feelings i believe. some people just spent more time and money thats it. anyone can go fast with enough money.
the ysi car was making around 750 that night. ya any car will pull hard once the other car lets out the gas.

But all and all it was a good night and looking forward to doing it again. see yall at tx2k11.

stangaholic280

Established Member

Good Video, nice to see some of the races from a different view. Personally I liked mine better, but I'm partial. :rolling: Ya'll video makes my granny shifting look so bad v the viper LOL!! :beer: I was a little nervous being the first race of the night...hit the rev limiter in both gears. Fail lol.

We looked for the run of you and the silver z06 on bottle.. We know you won that run, was a good run. But i am pretty sure one of yalls fan boys jumped in his car and we did not have a video in the car. First run of the integra was pointless, He spun and you let out early.. Just like the second one. You love to let out after one shift.

The race between SVTLOL and the Silver Z06 is on my video. I'll repost it for your viewing pleasure!

N.Texas visits Theonepercent.net

Despite all the sh*t talking going on and SVTLOL making us look bad, there were a bunch of other good guys from TX that went up to visit who had a good time racing with some good guys from OKC.

I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing ya'll at TX2K11 and then having an even bigger and better "TX/OK Showdown" (patent pending :beer:) after that!!

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Exactly what I was thinking bro! Such a shame NY cant have this grudge with NJ or something... :lol:

Dan :beer:

Not true...when I lived in Jersey we hung out in Jersey City and then drove across to Staten Island. There was always a lot of smack talk on both sides and a good rivalry. Nanuet was also happening too.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Not true...when I lived in Jersey we hung out in Jersey City and then drove across to Staten Island. There was always a lot of smack talk on both sides and a good rivalry. Nanuet was also happening too.

+1 I used to hit up Nanuet every week back in the day. Also have been to Ave P in Newark and Yonkers and there were always people there from NY and NJ battling.

69mach428

Established Member
Despite all the sh*t talking going on and SVTLOL making us look bad, there were a bunch of other good guys from TX that went up to visit who had a good time racing with some good guys from OKC.

I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to seeing ya'll at TX2K11 and then having an even bigger and better "TX/OK Showdown" (patent pending :beer:) after that!!

Again, really glad you guys made the trip. Made for a great night with quite a few races. Can't wait till the next event :beer:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
+1 I used to hit up Nanuet every week back in the day. Also have been to Ave P in Newark and Yonkers and there were always people there from NY and NJ battling.

Last time I was there it was still pretty happening. Saw many races at the hole on Rt78 near the prison. Good times and pretty funny blocking traffic comming out of New York just for a race. Probably was not fun for the people sitting in the traffic though. Oh well...everyone does stupid sh*t when they are young....Oh wait, that was only three years ago. :D

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Last time I was there it was still pretty happening. Saw many races at the hole on Rt78 near the prison. Good times and pretty funny blocking traffic comming out of New York just for a race. Probably was not fun for the people sitting in the traffic though. Oh well...everyone does stupid sh*t when they are young....Oh wait, that was only three years ago. :D

Shit we must've been up there around the same time. I think the last time I was up there was 4-5 years ago.

408-COUPE

Established Member

We can race @ 2k11. I'll be in a silver coupe.

So who's fast in this post I'm assuming only the viper
With the 62s?

Depends on what you consider fast I guess.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Shit we must've been up there around the same time. I think the last time I was up there was 4-5 years ago.

Even though I moved from there, I work for a company in NJ so I have to go up once a month to show my face.
Anyway, not cracking on Jersey or anything but now that I moved and live in a more "country-like" area, I would probably not even go back. Work and family is the only reason I do. It was a great place to grow up but now it just seems to crowded and to expensive. Anyway, I did have a great time there especially with the late hour street racing.

Users who are viewing this thread