The Vs. Thread

Formula51

Established Member
I am not on the Z06's nuts. The Z06 simply represents a good way to estimate the GT's performance at the ring. Taking the majority of the GT tests and comparing them to the two Z06 tests, the two are essentially equal in acceleration and close in lateral G's and slalom (within a reasonable range of uncertainty/error). Thus if you consider the two equal in those respects, the Z06 should get into the turn better (brake later) and they should be equal through the middle and coming off. Add on top of that the fact that the Z was tunned there and the GT was not, should result in the GT running a slower time, but not by much. This is just an estimate remember, don't get your panties in a bunch.

The fact that the GT was not tested at the Ring during development on top of other things would make it highly unlikely that it would run close to the Carrera GT. You can think what you want though, we may never know the answer!

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
I have been in a Ford GT after it had been making high speed runs all day. Didn't seem to be suffering from heat soak or brake fade to me.

Users who are viewing this thread