The Vs. Thread

FordGTGuy

Established Member
lets least the cars that would give a Ford GT a good match and have a nice comparison of them.

So we will treat the Ford GT on the latest Specs

hp = 550
tq = 500
0-60 = 3.3s
0-100 = 7.4s
1/4 mile = 11.2s@132mph
Top Speed = 212mph
60-0 = 110ft
L. G's = .99
wieght = 3485lbs

Last edited:

FordGTGuy

Established Member
2004%20Porsche%20Carrera%20GT.jpg

Ford GT
Carrera GT
hp = 550
hp = 605​
tq = 500
tq = 435​
0-60 = 3.3s
0-60 = 3.6s​
0-100 = 7.4s
0-100 = 7.3s​
1/4 mile = 11.2s@132mph
1/4 mile = 11.1s​
Top Speed = 212mph
Top Speed = 205mph​
60-0 = 110ft
60-0 = 101ft​
L. G's = .99
L. G's = .99​
wieght = 3485lbs
wieght = 3042lbs​

If any of my specs a wrong please pm me ASAP

This will be a very good comparison if everyone stays on a mature level.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
FordGTGuy said:
lets least the cars that would give a Ford GT a good match and have a nice comparison of them.

So we will treat the Ford GT on the latest Specs

hp = 550
tq = 500
0-60 = 3.3s
0-100 = 7.4s
1/4 mile = 11.2s
Top Speed = 212mph
60-0 = 110ft
L. G's = .99
wieght = 3485lbs

Shouldn't the top speed be 205. I know they put a limiter on it, but thats the way it is from the factory. 11.5-6 is probably a more realistic 1/4 mile time for the GT, unless we are using the best times ever recorded. Most publications get 11.5-7 @ ~125

FordGTGuy

Established Member
50 BMG said:
Everytime I see a listed weight for the GT it's different...

its around 3400lbs and the specs are from what all the new reviews are getting and saying. And bo we are going to use 212 because thats where it is revlimited. we are keeping the 1/4mile time because it goes along with the 0-60 and 0-100.

Lets start this off shall we, ok lets go over what we know Carrera GT is a great track car while the Ford GT is better in straight line performance for the most part. On a track such as Road America they would be pretty even but on Nurburg the Carrera GT would have the advantage. But in a endurance race the Ford GTs larger powerband, allowing it to stay at higher speed longer, would considerably help and my make it win on a track like Nurburg.

In this camparison we will compare them using the tracks Tsukuba Circuit and Nurburg.

nurburg5dx.png

Carrera GT winner on Nurburg.
tcircuit7xv.png

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
FordGTGuy said:
its around 3400lbs and the specs are from what all the new reviews are getting and saying. And bo we are going to use 212 because thats where it is revlimited. we are keeping the 1/4mile time because it goes along with the 0-60 and 0-100.

Lets start this off shall we, ok lets go over what we know Carrera GT is a great track car while the Ford GT is better in straight line performance for the most part. On a track such as Road America they would be pretty even but on Nurburg the Carrera GT would have the advantage. But in a endurance race the Ford GTs larger powerband, allowing it to stay at higher speed longer, would considerably help and my make it win on a track like Nurburg.

In this camparison we will compare them using the tracks Tsukuba Circuit and Nurburg.

Good points, but

I think you underestimate how much heat soak will impact the GT. I know there is no way to ever know which car would be faster, but the CGT would almost definately be faster around the 'ring. Lighter weight, better brakes, better handling. Endurance racing with the the GT would definately hurt the GT, even though it has a wider powerband. Thats why you don't see any s/c endurance cars. They are either turbo or N/A. Heat kills engine performance and there is no way around it with a s/c. You can minimize it, but it will always be a problem. Even a 35rwhp power loss, which it could easily be would make a huge difference between the two cars.

While both are VERY sweet cars, the CGT would just be a better track car, in any type of road race. Porsche has been perfecting it for 50+ years and this is Fords first try with a road car, so the avantage would have to be in the P cars favor. IMO

FordGTGuy

Established Member
yep I think we all agree the Carrera GT would win on Nurburg now lets move onto Tsukuba C. I think a fight on this track will be alot closer the Ford GTs torque will probably give it an advantage coming out of the wide corners and seems to accelerate faster in the lower gear and would jump infront. On the other hand the Carrera GTs handling will hlep a trmendous amount on the corners which are a huge part of this small track. I would have to call a draw.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
While both are VERY sweet cars, the CGT would just be a better track car, in any type of road race. Porsche has been perfecting it for 50+ years and this is Fords first try with a road car, so the avantage would have to be in the P cars favor. IMO

True, but what a helluva first try for Ford. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
True, but what a helluva first try for Ford. :thumbsup:

especially since the 05' Ford GT was designed fabricated and produced in 6 months! THe only thing carried over from the GT-40 is the body style. :read:

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Why didn;t you list the 1/4 speed? I think this is a much more accurately way of determining a car's true HP versus the ET and 0-60.
For me, when I am looking at the specs for any given car, the first thing I look at is 1/4 speed. Things like 0-60 & top speed are highly dependent on traction and aerodynamics (respectively.) Just a thought....
Isnt the GT around 132 1/4 speed? Thx

Last edited:

FordGTGuy

Established Member
Bishop said:
Why didn;t you list the 1/4 speed? I think this is a much more accurately way of determining a car's true HP versus the ET and 0-60.
For me, when I am looking at the specs for any given car, the first thing I look at is 1/4 speed. Things like 0-60 & top speed are highly dependent on traction and aerodynamics (respectively.) Just a thought....

because i didn't have the 1/4 speed.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Bishop said:

I think there was one test that got ~131. Almost every other test nets ~125-127

Formula51

Established Member
FordGTGuy: This is really a useless thread. You listed the VERY BEST performance numbers for the Ford GT. Most numbers, even new numbers, are between 11.5 and 12.0 @ 125-127mph (as said before). I am not sure the miraculous 11.2 at approximately 4-6mph more is really the best way to compare the car.

Let me show you why, by giving you a for instance:

2004 C5 Z06 Corvette

hp: 405
tq: 400
0-60mph: 3.8
1/4 mile: 11.7@119-120mph
60-0mph: 105ft
Lateral G's: 1.something
weight: 3118 lbs.

These are some of the best recorded numbers for the stock C5 Z06 and show you what the car is capable of, but really are not the best to use for making comparisons.

As far as I know, the ONLY road course the great road course Ford GT has been run on is Top Gear's track. We are doing a lot more than reaching, by trying to compare it to cars like the Carrera GT whose entire lineage was tested and tuned ON road courses. We are pulling GUESSES out of our ass comparing the Ford GT to most ANY CAR in anything but a straight line. Sure, we know it will beat a Ford Focus, but without numbers (which we dont have) this is a useless thread for comparing anything but straightline numbers.

Also, remember that your basic performance numbers DO NOT NECESSARILY TRANSLATE TO TRACK TIMES. The 2005 C6 beat the Viper around the track in a recent test, and we all know the Viper has more power, higher top speed, better braking, etc.

If and when the GT is tested on well known tracks, comparisons can be made. Until then, this is a pretty useless thread!

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
From Digital Corvettes.com:

This is from another forum, and not first hand from me:

MT got [email protected]........ 0-60 in 3.7sec.... 1.02g on skidpad.

C&D got [email protected] in 3.6sec........98g on skidpad.
0-100 in 7.9 sec..... 0-150 in about 18 sec.

Saw both issues on the newstand in manhattan.....

This appears to be the real thing, from reputable people. That aint bad at all for an AMERICAN car in C&D or MT! If these are true, then we will certainly see low 11's or better in the hands of some of the incredible Z06 drivers out there. We all KNOW what it will do on the track, which is nice!

These numbers would be right inline with MT and C&D's tests of the Ford GT ;-) A drivers race?!?!?! Say it aint so, get the hell out of here with that!

Last edited:

Big 8

Established Member
Well since we are using C&D etc, They were also saying while track testing the FGT that they knew of only one car that could beat the GT and that was the ENZO.

To say that the Carrera GT would win at the ring? I am not sure, the Ford is with in 10ths of a second or ahead in every power test. It laps faster then Gallardos, F430 etc at Willow. It slaughtered a GT3 and Challenge Stradle on a road course as well. If it had been 8 miles like the ring in pace of a 1.7 mile circut the two seconds would have easily been 10 Seconds. Probably greater due to the longer straights. The FGT has been to Willow, Laguna Seca, Gingerman and Road Atlanta, Las Vegas, Texas Motor Speedway and the list goes on. I am sure you could find times and times for the Carrera GT

While the Carrera GT may have the fastest times now, there is still confusion as to rather it was a stock Z06 that matched its speed (with in a tenth of a second) or the rumored S/C version?????

I would imagine that Damon Hill will get his car to the ring soon. When he does I am sure you will see great numbers, better then the CarreraGT we will see.

But to think that the car is going to Flop on the ring? Please its a supercar through and through, its gone head to head with just about everything out there and more times then not it has come out the winner.

Last edited:

Big 8

Established Member
Oh and by the way, a lot of people say that the above numbers are not great for comparos as they are the Fords fastest times recorded. Yet we are using the Carrera GT's fastest lap time at the ring. With Walter Rohl behind the wheel, until you get a driver of that caliber and not a magazine editor its a mute point. I would imagine any one other the walter will not match the CGT's numbers on the ring.

Big 8

Established Member
So I guess then the question is if it was a stock Zo6 that matched the CGT times then we know good and well jus how fast it is. Looking at the other numbers and we can see that its pretty damn even with the FGT. Does this mean that the FGT and the Z06 could be just as evenly matched around the ring, since they are so close every where else?

Ya I would agree most would say no because it doesnt tell the whole story. However if I were betting on it, I would say yes. The FGT would be the equal of the Z06 around the ring. IMHO.

Formula51

Established Member
You are missing so much Big8. The FGT's heat soak, weight, and less than impressive stopping distances compared to its competitors will really hurt it on a long track like the Ring. You mentioned all these track the FGT has been too, you do know it went to those tracks for PHOTO SHOOTS. Try and find me some lap times from those tracks (post your links), no one has been able to find me any so far and I really want to find them.

The FGT and the Z06 are actually very different when it comes to important track characteristics. They have different weight distribution, the FGT is heavier, the Z06 stops faster and its brakes are proven not to fade, the Z06 is NA which helps eliminate heat soak. Drag strip numbers tell you very little about what the car will do on the track. We cant do anything but guess at how these two cars would compare on the track until someone tests them.

I have not heard anything about a Z06 that ran a time comparable to the CGT at the ring? The stock Z06 on stock tires ran 7:42.9 at Nurburgring.

Formula51

Established Member
Based on the first two tests, the Z06 will be neck and neck with the FGT at the dragstrip. It brakes better, has better weight distribution, and weighs less. I think it is a TRUE competitor for the FGT and many other exotics.

Oh, and it costs less than $70k and gets the gas mileage of a Chevy Cobalt. This car will be driven, modded, and enjoyed by many. Absolutely awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread