The Texas mile

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Was that with a tail wind?

The Ford GT is a HELL of a lot more aerodynamic than a Shelby.

haha no, Pretty much stock a gt500 will do what a stock ford gt does stock, like 175ish. Kinda weird if you ask me. I went 194 in less than a mile with my procharged gt500 on the street and it made about 820rwhp at the time. anyways it can be done.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
showphoto.php

funny thing is my brother took that picture spartan and no, that is the regular lift at that speed:nonono:

as for tires, i ran it with my 20"chicanes and nitto tires. the plan is to run it as is to hit my goal and then the build will become specifically geared towards this race next oct.

dan, a buddy of mine set up with a compound system on his gt went 226 and from my understanding he set the current mile record for the gt's. he is a member on here as well, jbstevens, his 226 is what made me tell van i wanted to hit 220+..lol..

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
haha no, Pretty much stock a gt500 will do what a stock ford gt does stock, like 175ish. Kinda weird if you ask me. I went 194 in less than a mile with my procharged gt500 on the street and it made about 820rwhp at the time. anyways it can be done.

not trying to shake the shit tree but first hand witnessed several stock and stockish gt500's run well less than 160 so:shrug: hell even the zr-1's were runing low 170's.

i was told by many racers that the previous march had up to a 25+ tail wind which pushed many over the 200 mark. oct, this was not the case, most twin screw guys were lucky to see the 180's.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Um, excuse me. I know many Ford engineers. And a few of them have driven a stock Ford GT to over 200 MPH. Not a single one has ever come close to driving a stock GT500 anywhere near 200! :dw::read::idea:

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
If you haven't removed the limiter, I wouldn't even bother going. Some of the guys I talked with forgot about the factory limiter and played with tire sizes just to break in the 160's...

I also saw several GT500's go boom so make sure you are prepared and TUNED for LSR!

I'll keep an eye out for anyone racing. I'll be running my bike again if anyone wants to come say hello.

Josh :beer:

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Um, excuse me. I know many Ford engineers. And a few of them have driven a stock Ford GT to over 200 MPH. Not a single one has ever come close to driving a stock GT500 anywhere near 200! :dw::read::idea:

NOT IN THE MILE THEY HAVEN'T 170-175 STOCK IS IT!!! I never said top speed as were talking about mile racing, Im sorry i didn't clarify in the mile.:beer: I know they go 200 Duh and NO a stock Gt500 does not do 200.

samg

Established Member
Try the "MileMarker-1" standing mile events. You can run as fast as you like without a cage. This is really the only standing mile option in the country for fast street cars without huge safety equipment adds. They are run in the Miami area. Ran my 2010 GT500 there last October.

sportscars

Mustangr Event Organizer
Established Member
NOT IN THE MILE THEY HAVEN'T 170-175 STOCK IS IT!!! I never said top speed as were talking about mile racing, Im sorry i didn't clarify in the mile.:beer: I know they go 200 Duh and NO a stock Gt500 does not do 200.

A stock GT500 will hit the limiter at 160-165mph and it takes MORE than a mile to get there. So I GUARANTEE that a "stock" GT500 has never hit 170 in the mile. GUARANTEED! 100%. ABSOLUTELY. NO DOUBT.

A stock FGT will hit a little more than that, maybe 170-175 in a mile. It is a much more aerodynamic vehicle and as such carries a huge advantage in top speed runs.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
A stock GT500 will hit the limiter at 160-165mph and it takes MORE than a mile to get there. So I GUARANTEE that a "stock" GT500 has never hit 170 in the mile. GUARANTEED! 100%. ABSOLUTELY. NO DOUBT.

A stock FGT will hit a little more than that, maybe 170-175 in a mile. It is a much more aerodynamic vehicle and as such carries a huge advantage in top speed runs.

A member here with a bone stock except limiter removed ran 168 per GPS the last time the TM was run.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member

Wow we got a expert here:??: SO you know what everyone in the world has done with there gt500's LOL

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
The problem is some people are talking about stock, some aren't. Some were talking about max speed and some were talking about 0 - 1 mile racing. Once everyone is on the same page things will calm down.... :thumbsup:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
dan, from what i saw in the 0-1 mile for what was claimed to be stock was in the upper 150 to low 160. i was told by the people that ran 6 months previous there was a heavy tail wind pushing people through at higher mph.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
it really depends what people are calling 'stock' here. are we talking about bone stock down to the paper filter, or bone stock with the speed limiter removed? it's been confirmed by 2 or 3 people that a 100% box stock shelby will hit the limiter before the end of the mile, and it's been confirmed by 2 or 3 other people that, with only the limiter removed, the shelby will go faster than the stock limiter allows in one mile.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
it really depends what people are calling 'stock' here. are we talking about bone stock down to the paper filter, or bone stock with the speed limiter removed? it's been confirmed by 2 or 3 people that a 100% box stock shelby will hit the limiter before the end of the mile, and it's been confirmed by 2 or 3 other people that, with only the limiter removed, the shelby will go faster than the stock limiter allows in one mile.

I GUARANTEE this is not possible.:D

Users who are viewing this thread