The Texas mile

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Any here ever drive their GT 500 in the Texas mile? Any one going for 2010. What mods are needed to hit 200mph.

RedlineHP

Established Member
Give Van a call @ Revan Racing. I think he should be able to send you in the right direction.

Saw your thread about the M6. Those guys are the biggest arrogant aholes.
I'd pay to see you drag one down the road.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Give Van a call @ Revan Racing. I think he should be able to send you in the right direction.

Saw your thread about the M6. Those guys are the biggest arrogant aholes.
I'd pay to see you drag one down the road.

Yeah I was just telling them something kind of funny and they got all huffy. Bunch of elitist snobs.:lol1: My be some will show at the Texas mile.:lol:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i have and i will be heading home for the event. the guys that hit the 200 mark last year did it with a hefty tail wind.

i only ran twice in october, shake down to work the butterflies out yielded 175 mph. the second run i decided to lay into it and the event as follows, see 3/4 mark; hear loud pop; lift and still crossed the mile at 163, coasting a 1/4 mile.

after last oct i am now hooked and this car is now dedicated to it. in current form there is no doubt i can hit the 200 mark, attempting again next month but the only bad thing is that the safety standard for 190+ is a cage and suit, if you break out then you are booted and removed from the system so there is not any proof of the run.

next oct the car will be in big twin form minus the blower shooting for 220+, god i am in love with this type of run..lol..

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
actually getting these! i will try to get a picture of the hood travel from oct, it was painfully unsettling:nonono:

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/wms_hoodpins.html

wms-shp05m.jpg

do not have to drill nasty holes through the hood:beer: thanks to jim for finding these:beer:

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
:shrug:

because he is rich! i do not know the construction of that car but like the ford gt, it may not require all of the safety features:shrug:

and maybe because he is rich

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
:shrug:

because he is rich! i do not know the construction of that car but like the ford gt, it may not require all of the safety features:shrug:

and maybe because he is rich

Some of the cars received special waivers that allow them to run without certain safety equipment. I would assume it takes $$$$ to get that done though.

Thought this was an interesting picture of a KB GT500's engine letting go . Not sure if the hood liftinh is from the engine blowing up, or the wind. From what I've been able to gather, it went 197 @ 22#. It let go @ 24#. Maybe the owner is on here and will chime in.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3026&ppuser=21531

You can definitely do it wth less than 1000rw

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
i have and i will be heading home for the event. the guys that hit the 200 mark last year did it with a hefty tail wind.

i only ran twice in october, shake down to work the butterflies out yielded 175 mph. the second run i decided to lay into it and the event as follows, see 3/4 mark; hear loud pop; lift and still crossed the mile at 163, coasting a 1/4 mile.

after last oct i am now hooked and this car is now dedicated to it. in current form there is no doubt i can hit the 200 mark, attempting again next month but the only bad thing is that the safety standard for 190+ is a cage and suit, if you break out then you are booted and removed from the system so there is not any proof of the run.

next oct the car will be in big twin form minus the blower shooting for 220+, god i am in love with this type of run..lol..

Good luck man! :rockon:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

What tires were you running?

Users who are viewing this thread