The SN65 project car

Spitfire_17

Established Member
SN65 said:
Hi All,

Still working on the website, but.....

I don't know if you are interested or not, but there are a few new additions to the video section. In one of them, you can see Wayne put the car gingerly through its paces. Just remember, he only had about 60 feet to work with and he was taking it easy. He made this video while I was out to lunch. That is the last time I leave him alone with the keys. :)

Bob
haha Nice video, that is one sweet car :beer: :rockon:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Just found the car of my dreams.....

SN65 said:
Hi All,

Still working on the website, but.....

I don't know if you are interested or not, but there are a few new additions to the video section. In one of them, you can see Wayne put the car gingerly through its paces. Just remember, he only had about 60 feet to work with and he was taking it easy. He made this video while I was out to lunch. That is the last time I leave him alone with the keys. :)

Bob
Bob,

Just went through the site to read and view pics of THE most beautiful Mustang, of any Mustangs - EVER!, that I've ever have the pleasure of looking at:beer:

I must say that you've done quite the TREMENDOUS job. Form and function at it's best:thumbsup:

Curious, if you were to sell this, what would it go for;-)

Again, very, very nice... can't seem to find the words to define the craftsmanship!

Christian

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like this car is pretty much what Ford should have made the new retro-themed Mustang to look/drive like. Very nice car.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Wow if you do all the normal cobra mods. Pulley, Exhaust, CAI, MAF tune ETC on an estimated 2600'ISH K LBs Car that mother will take flight. Sick project I'm getting out of the AF soon I'd love to swing through CHI on my way back to ND to see this thing.

SN65

Established Member
Christian said:
Bob,

Just went through the site to read and view pics of THE most beautiful Mustang, of any Mustangs - EVER!, that I've ever have the pleasure of looking at:beer:

I must say that you've done quite the TREMENDOUS job. Form and function at it's best:thumbsup:

Curious, if you were to sell this, what would it go for;-)

Again, very, very nice... can't seem to find the words to define the craftsmanship!

Christian
Hi Christian,

Thank you for the kind words.

As far as sale price goes, Wayne and I talked to a lot of the builders present at the Autorama. One of the questions we asked them was where they would value the car. From all their input, we figure that the car should sell for somewhere in the 250K range. If we did decide to sell it, it would probably be listed with Barret Jackson. That is unless someone reading this thread would like to make an offer. :)

Bob

SN65

Established Member
04svtdriver said:
Wow if you do all the normal cobra mods. Pulley, Exhaust, CAI, MAF tune ETC on an estimated 2600'ISH K LBs Car that mother will take flight. Sick project I'm getting out of the AF soon I'd love to swing through CHI on my way back to ND to see this thing.
Hi 04,

We are going to up the HP. Not sure just how much, but at least up to the 550 RWH range.

The car actually weighs in at right around 3500 lbs. We were hopeing for about 3300, but we used a glass rear window. The hood is all steel and pretty heavy. All the soundproofing, upholstery, stereo equipment, etc... added a bit of weight.

As far as stopping by, everyone is always welcome. Just give us a call first and make sure that the car will be here before hand.

Bob

SN65

Established Member
navi243 said:
just wondering how much the car weighs, and what those seat belts are doing laying in the back???
Hi N,

The car weighs in at about 3500 lbs and those seat belts in the back are the rear mounts for the 4 point restraint system.

Bob

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Very impressive, guys. It's nice to see everything together and you enjoying it. If you think you love the stock performance, you are going to be in heaven when you mod it. It's a completely different beast! Congrats again on an amazing project and an amazing car!

SN65

Established Member
Hi All,

I think that it is time to sign off on the SN65 project thread. We are all complete, save a few minor items to chase down.

Posting this thread here has been a joy. The help received has been priceless. I cannot thank all of you enough.

I will be posting updates on the SN65 website. Mechanical updates, show schedule, track times, etc...

If you are ever in the Chicago area, I expect you to stop by the shop and say hey. And, I can alwayse be reached via e-mail at [email protected]

06-03-10%20055.jpg

Catch ya'll l8r

Bob

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
SN65 said:
Hi All,

I think that it is time to sign off on the SN65 project thread. We are all complete, save a few minor items to chase down.

Posting this thread here has been a joy. The help received has been priceless. I cannot thank all of you enough.

I will be posting updates on the SN65 website. Mechanical updates, show schedule, track times, etc...

If you are ever in the Chicago area, I expect you to stop by the shop and say hey. And, I can alwayse be reached via e-mail at [email protected]

Catch ya'll l8r

Bob

She came out absolutely beautiful Bob. Congrats. :beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Looks like this car is pretty much what Ford should have made the new retro-themed Mustang to look/drive like. Very nice car.

Agreed. If you're gonna go retro, do it right. :thumbsup:

Way to go Bob on your prestigious award! All your work finally paid off. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread