The SN65 project car

ringmaster

Established Member
awsome i didnt get to make it there but if i could get a full side pic of the car i want to make a pic for the wall. thanks. great job.

machsp33d

Jim Garv
Established Member
just my .02 have you ever gave the thought of using 03/04 mach 1 interior pieces such as the gagues with the black face and old style letters and the comfort weave bucket seat with the silver insert. IMO that would tie in the whole retro to new age style! :poke:

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
machsp33d said:
just my .02 have you ever gave the thought of using 03/04 mach 1 interior pieces such as the gagues with the black face and old style letters and the comfort weave bucket seat with the silver insert. IMO that would tie in the whole retro to new age style! :poke:
it would be a huge hassle to use the gauges from the mach due to the fact of the way ford has their system set up with pats and all that....u would have to reprogram the pcm to think that the cluster is an 03 or 04 cobra cluster...not sure if its possible

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
06-03-01%20066.jpg

Looks good!

But uh, what's this?
06-03-01%20010.jpg

06-03-01%20010.jpg

*sigh*
much better

and why do you have a doge pulling a ford?
06-03-01%20017.jpg

The other photos look washed out - someone play with them, on photoshop, they're on the www.sn65.com website

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Yeah, why can you run the '03 wheels to move it around, yet you say they don't work? I'm sure that if Jay Leno can have a set of 19s made to look like original 15 inch hubcaps from a 1956 Buick that you can have Cobra wheels done.

SN65

Established Member
Hi T-Bolt,

Yes the Cobra wheels fit, but the first bump we hit and the fender flares are toast. Also, the front wheel hits the frame rail when turning from lock to lock.

We can have custom 03 Cobra wheels made, but that is going to take us about 4 to 6 weeks. We are going to do that, but we need to work out the details, etc.

Bob

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
It wasn't explained why a Dodge is pulling that beautiful Stang around so I'll explain... because he can! Cool? Good.

That's a masterpiece SN65. Looks great. What are the future plans of the car/ if any, besides the custom made Cobra wheels?

SN65

Established Member
Hi R,

After we get it on a dyno, check things out, get a baseline, etc... We are going to up the power to about 550 RWH. That should get me to work on time. :)

Also, we just have a few minor isses to resolve.

After that we are going to show it and drive the he!! out of it.

Bob

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
SN65 said:
Hi T-Bolt,

Yes the Cobra wheels fit, but the first bump we hit and the fender flares are toast. Also, the front wheel hits the frame rail when turning from lock to lock.

We can have custom 03 Cobra wheels made, but that is going to take us about 4 to 6 weeks. We are going to do that, but we need to work out the details, etc.

Bob

Nice, that's exactly what it needs. Mmmmmmm, 550+ hp at the wheels...

ManofManyStangs

Established Member
03infrasvtf said:
it would be a huge hassle to use the gauges from the mach due to the fact of the way ford has their system set up with pats and all that....u would have to reprogram the pcm to think that the cluster is an 03 or 04 cobra cluster...not sure if its possible

I could tell you a very easy way around the PATS, that requires no programming.

ripnroar46

Established Member
At first with this car I was like oh god why Yellow! Now after seeing the complete product at the car show, I know, it stands out and looks fantastic, Awsome job!

00stangt

Established Member
that thing is absolutely beautiful. im extremely impressed. im at college right now, but when im not here i live in naperville, il. do u think in the summer sometime i might be able to drop by and see it?? if so just let me know when. my summer starts august 5th. thanks

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
That is beautiful I think a set of halibrands would look sick on that

SN65

Established Member
Hi All,

Still working on the website, but.....

I don't know if you are interested or not, but there are a few new additions to the video section. In one of them, you can see Wayne put the car gingerly through its paces. Just remember, he only had about 60 feet to work with and he was taking it easy. He made this video while I was out to lunch. That is the last time I leave him alone with the keys. :)

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread