The regulars, where have you gone???

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Facebook has definitely killed most forums. Like someone already said, most all other forums that were big at one time have diluted down to a handful of members. Sid really got ahead of the curve by hiring Steve and posting quality original articles. That has kept SVTP relevant to this day.

I think though FB has only killed local forums, which there really isnt a need for these days. You need your national forum that represents your make/model for knowledge, and your local FB page for organizing meets and such.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
How many of the original people from 2000 are still active?

I skulked around on the site a few time way back then, now I wish I had not waited until I actually got my Cobra to join.

I only see a tiny number of the original members anymore.

Very few of us left. I usually check in monthly although posting is way down.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
As it's been said, FB has mostly killed forums. I've kept up with a few of the regulars on here through FB, but it's definitely not nearly as fun as it used to be. (LNC, RDJ's call-outs, LL's ban hammer, etc.) The only thing I don't miss is Common. Lol

Branhammer

Established Member
I honestly don't see how anyone could view FB as a viable replacement for a traditional forum. It's not even close to the same. I hate FB, but for some reason won't delete mine. All I see when I log in are dumb political posts by either right-wing religious rednecks who can't even spell basic words correctly or left-wing hippies plastering #feelthebern every five minutes. I just sit and look at that shit and get mad. Unlike FB, I actually enjoy browsing SVTP.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I was looking up inversion table and noticed svtkidd23 hasnt been on since december, oh where art thou? Was going to ask about the inversion table he bought.

Come to think of it, I havent seen tezz500 in awhile too. Also havent seen Hybred post. :??:

I had noticed Hybred's absence, thought about starting a thread but didn't want to be that guy. Svtkidd23 sold his Terminator and started coming around less and less. Tezz I think is still around on occasion. He's the one I actually wish would post more, no ****s given by that dude.

Well this threat saddens me. :(

yes miss KAT and TEZZ. TEZZ makes smackdown entertaining. CSD and Planter not so much.

Yeah it's crazy. Like, where the heck did everyone go?!

No, but you have jokes!

100% agree with this.

c536e9966f2fa23f97158d6c19e6138cc5e3a6527542e423e348f6585e6d444b.jpg

Dusten

Established Member
I honestly don't see how anyone could view FB as a viable replacement for a traditional forum. It's not even close to the same. I hate FB, but for some reason won't delete mine. All I see when I log in are dumb political posts by either right-wing religious rednecks who can't even spell basic words correctly or left-wing hippies plastering #feelthebern every five minutes. I just sit and look at that shit and get mad. Unlike FB, I actually enjoy browsing SVTP.
Delete it. Mines been gone for a while and i dont miss it

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Sounds like you need better friends, all I see is cars. Cars. And more cars. Oh look, a truck!

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
The guys who joined in June of 2012 have scared them away.

That's really not entirely a joke. There's very few of the most active members from when I joined up still here and a lot of them left because it got pretty ridiculous at points with some of the stupidity that was allowed to stay on the site (that dipshit CSD being a perfect example). That being said, pretty much every site is exactly that same way.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yea I remember him, he had a comedian on his avatar it was a short fat dude with a mullet.

What happened to scroix, kneedragger, that ginger dude with curly hair who owned a bullitt, blades, ejow?

My first forum was gtplanet till I got banned by some fat bastard who drove a miata (neonduke).

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Yea I remember him, he had a comedian on his avatar it was a short fat dude with a mullet.

What happened to scroix, kneedragger, that ginger dude with curly hair who owned a bullitt, blades, ejow?

My first forum was gtplanet till I got banned by some fat bastard who drove a miata (neonduke).

3aa680be-5492-4d0c-a744-fa0f96331de0.gif

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

ummmmm.jpg

Branhammer

Established Member
Delete it. Mines been gone for a while and i dont miss it

I want to, but my family 2,000 miles away won't use a phone. If it weren't for FB, I'd probably never hear from them again. Although, that might not be a terrible thing. Hmm....

Sounds like you need better friends, all I see is cars.

No doubt about that. But I like to keep my inner circle small. Most of my FB "friends" are merely acquaintances.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread