Votes: 37 48.7%
  • Oregon

Votes: 39 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I think the point of Au8burn having the better D is probaly going to be agreed upon by most people that have seen these two teams play.

I am VERY willing to bet that most AU people in this thread have NOT seen Oregon play. Oregon has a pretty rediculous offense. I think what we are going to see is Auburn take advantage of a pretty weak D, and it is going to be up to the Ducks O to put on a show.

If they can, it is going to be a pretty good day for Oregon fans.

You guys need to remember that Oregon put over 50 on USC, Washington, and Stanford. Stanford smacked DOWN VT, Washington beat NU in their bowkl game, and even an 8-5 USC team is no joke.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I think the point of Au8burn having the better D is probaly going to be agreed upon by most people that have seen these two teams play.

I am VERY willing to bet that most AU people in this thread have NOT seen Oregon play. Oregon has a pretty rediculous offense. I think what we are going to see is Auburn take advantage of a pretty weak D, and it is going to be up to the Ducks O to put on a show.

If they can, it is going to be a pretty good day for Oregon fans.

You guys need to remember that Oregon put over 50 on USC, Washington, and Stanford. Stanford smacked DOWN VT, Washington beat NU in their bowkl game, and even an 8-5 USC team is no joke.

I saw them play USC, Cal, and Stanford.

I'm really not that worried.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I hope Auburn wins, but I think the Ducks will take it. No real reasoning, other than I have a funny feeling about Auburn; like they could implode defensively at any time and Cam is due to have a bad game.

Keith Stone

Banned
I think Auburn will take it.

Only decent teams Oregon has played are Stanford and USC. Auburn has beaten LSU, Arkansas, South Carolina (twice), and put up 28 unanswered points against defensing champ Alabama.

Oregons D has to play flawlessly for them to have a chance, even then it'll be close.

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
AU - LaMichael James will not be an issue. Oregon will have to go deep like every other team Auburn has played to have a chance.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Though i am a northwest Native and have always lived in the northwest AU has been my favorite team since about '84. Don't know why i picked them to be my team......well besides Bo Jackson of course.

That being said I like Oregon as well but don't think they can pull it off.

Planter- You seem to talk like you have some inside info. You sell the team there P90X??? You get hands on experience with the teams jock straps or something?????

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
James Madison, best team in the country

I was stating that all 4(Clemson, V Tech, Miami, and Boise) are very evenly matched teams! Auburn had trouble with Clemson, and Alabama, and....

Oregon has had trouble with no one including Stanford. Stanford has shown its better than the 4 teams listed above.

Last edited:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I was stating that all 4(Clemson, V Tech, Miami, and Boise) are very evenly matched teams! Auburn had trouble with Clemson, and Alabama, and....

Oregon has had trouble with no one including Stanford. Stanford has shown its better than the 4 teams listed above.

So you didn't watch Oregon play California.

Pretty obvious you really don't know what you're talking about.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member

Look I can be a dumbass too!

Oregon barely beat Cal
Cal lost to Oregon St
Oregon St lost to UCLA
UCLA lost to Kansas St
Kansas St lost to Colorado
Colorado got blown out by Cal

Wait what?

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Have to agree.

BTW, StubHub emailed me and my friends today. They offered to buy back our tickets and pay us $2500 per ticket.

Pretty crazy stuff.

Some club level people said they got offered $5000/ticket from stub hub today. Leave it to Auburn to bring the college football ticket market to it's knees. We've already brought down Vegas so I guess this was a good encore.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Some club level people said they got offered $5000/ticket from stub hub today. Leave it to Auburn to bring the college football ticket market to it's knees. We've already brought down Vegas so I guess this was a good encore.

Yeah I was surprised because ours are shitty tickets. Upper level in the corner. Im almost tempted to sell it and switch my flight to Vegas. Bet it all on black.

2k4Terminator

Established Member
Oregon's defense being undersized isn't really a factor.. they have had plenty of time to study Auburn. Oregon will have to rely on the their speed.. Realistically I don't see Auburn's defense being able to stop Oregon's offense, and I don't see Oregon's defense able to stop Auburn's offense. But with that said I think this is one of the most anticipated National Championships, and it could come down to whoever has the ball last. As of right now on Yahoo! Sportstacular the Line is Auburn -2~O/U:74 with 29,940 people voting 49% Oregon 51% Auburn.. Im picking Oregon and taking the under..

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So you didn't watch Oregon play California.

Pretty obvious you really don't know what you're talking about.

What happened in that game?
Giving up 7 offensive points is a sign of a terrible team....Much worse than the Auburn games against SC and Arkansas.

At least that's the perception, one that frustrates Oregon fans. The Ducks rank 12th in the nation in scoring defense, sixth in pass efficiency defense, 16th in run defense and 25th in total defense. So that is pretty darn close to an elite defense, even though the Ducks lack star power. Moreover, Oregon surrendered just 4.53 yards per play, which ranks seventh in the nation and is better than any team the Tigers faced (yes, even Alabama).....
Auburn ranks 54th in scoring defense, 55th in total defense and 75th in passing efficiency defense. The Tigers, however, are very good against the run, ranking 10th. They faced three offenses ranked in the top 25 in scoring -- Kentucky, Arkansas and Alabama -- and those foes scored 34, 43 and 27 points, respectively.

BCS championship: Twin irresistible forces - Pac-10 Blog - ESPN

Users who are viewing this thread