The Official 2019-2020 NBA thread

Rare40th

Established Member
I'm glad the Nuggets are balling out. I would like to see us make it farther than the first round this year.
Been waiting for the Warriors to fall down, just didn't expect them to be injury riddled. Goes to show how good steph and klay are.
Lakers and Celtics have been steam rolling as well

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Its gonna be a great season!

Denver looks good. I was hoping to see more out of Carmelo when they played Portland, but he'll get going eventually.

Warriors completely shitting the bed.. actually amazing how bad they are right now.

The West is going to be a TOUGH post season. Clippers and Lakers!! Wow... good stuff to come.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Happy to see Miami off to a good start and unexpected guys having good starts in Nunn and Robinson. Add in Herro playing well as a rook and Bam evolving into a good modern big man.

Been a while since the Heat had good depth. Enjoying this team more than the big 3.

Coiled03

Established Member
God damn my Bulls are terrible. They don't understand that being in the middle of the pack is the WORST place to be! Either suck or don't. Don't do either half way.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
God damn my Bulls are terrible. They don't understand that being in the middle of the pack is the WORST place to be! Either suck or don't. Don't do either half way.

The Magic pissed me the **** off with that nonsense. Congratulations, you're first round cannon fodder. They ended up 1-2 picks away from a face-of-the-franchise player at least twice because they won meaningless games.

Someone gave me tickets to a game and they were worth what I paid for them. 15% from 3 for the game, joe blow outta the stands can do that

Coiled03

Established Member
Luka Doncic is the real ****ing deal. Guy is kicking my ass in fantasy this week.

The Mavericks are either the luckiest, or smartest franchise in the NBA. They had Dirk for 20 years, and now Luka. That's the 2 greatest European players of all time, back to back. Mabe the jury is still out on Luka. But, I'd bet he's going to wind up at the top.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Luka Doncic is the real ****ing deal. Guy is kicking my ass in fantasy this week.

The Mavericks are either the luckiest, or smartest franchise in the NBA. They had Dirk for 20 years, and now Luka. That's the 2 greatest European players of all time, back to back. Mabe the jury is still out on Luka. But, I'd bet he's going to wind up at the top.

I really need to catch some Mavs games, damn west coast games

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Had the opportunity to take my son to the Suns vs Rockets game last weekend. We sat really close (row 14). I don’t follow the NBA much any more. I used to be a huge fan but I have come to think that the NBA is full of athletic, long, strong, quick athletes who are not very skilled. After watching these incredible athletes the other night I came away with the same opinion I walked in with, especially regarding Westbrook. He is Uber athletic. He is special and can get to his spot on the floor where taking a shot is advantageous. He is a little more “gifted” than the other players, and it shows. They are all incredible athletically but Westbrook has that little “extra.” Unfortunately, he misses a ton of shots and isn’t sound fundamentally, so he misses badly on shots he should make and he turns it over a lot. He epitomizes everything I think about the NBA.

Then there is Harden...surprisingly, he is the exact opposite. Watching his footwork, the way he plays the game, the way he handles the ball...incredible. Dude is a highly skilled technician. He came out to warm up an hour before the game and I just sat there watching him go through his routine. He must put in hours of time on the details. I was super impressed by him. It made the night worth it. He can do it all. He is the anti-Westbrook. I can’t say enough about how he approaches the game.

On another note, a guard on the rockets named Mclemore has resurrected his career with Houston apparently. I observed him out on the floor 90 minutes before tipoff working on his jumper. Then he went over the crowd and signed autographs for kids until every last one was happy. Good on that guy. Hope he has a good career. He was very humble and gracious.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great day of basketball today. Giannis Antetokounmpo and his Bucks were upset by the 76ers.

Rockets were upset by the Warriors.

My clippers beat the Lakers in a nail biter of a 4th quarter! Friggin LOVE Pat Beverlys defense!!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Had the opportunity to take my son to the Suns vs Rockets game last weekend. We sat really close (row 14). I don’t follow the NBA much any more. I used to be a huge fan but I have come to think that the NBA is full of athletic, long, strong, quick athletes who are not very skilled. After watching these incredible athletes the other night I came away with the same opinion I walked in with, especially regarding Westbrook. He is Uber athletic. He is special and can get to his spot on the floor where taking a shot is advantageous. He is a little more “gifted” than the other players, and it shows. They are all incredible athletically but Westbrook has that little “extra.” Unfortunately, he misses a ton of shots and isn’t sound fundamentally, so he misses badly on shots he should make and he turns it over a lot. He epitomizes everything I think about the NBA.

Then there is Harden...surprisingly, he is the exact opposite. Watching his footwork, the way he plays the game, the way he handles the ball...incredible. Dude is a highly skilled technician. He came out to warm up an hour before the game and I just sat there watching him go through his routine. He must put in hours of time on the details. I was super impressed by him. It made the night worth it. He can do it all. He is the anti-Westbrook. I can’t say enough about how he approaches the game.

On another note, a guard on the rockets named Mclemore has resurrected his career with Houston apparently. I observed him out on the floor 90 minutes before tipoff working on his jumper. Then he went over the crowd and signed autographs for kids until every last one was happy. Good on that guy. Hope he has a good career. He was very humble and gracious.

RW is an absolute freak. He has talents only a fraction of a percent of guards have in the NBA.

He’s like a MORE athletic Derek Rose that doesn’t get injured. Crazy.

It’s sad because a player like him who is gifted with crazy explosiveness, who can always find the basket, almost doesn’t have a place in today’s game which is turning into—or is—all pick and roll/space the floor/find the open three-point jumpshot.

RW is a personal friend of Harden and I think once Russell finds his groove in Houston/ with management etc.., that duo is going to be damn near, if not, absolutely unstoppable.

I feel like Westbrook is one of the few players in the league who can literally drive to the basket and get a 3pt play almost at will. It’s unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Great day of basketball today. Giannis Antetokounmpo and his Bucks were upset by the 76ers.

Rockets were upset by the Warriors.

My clippers beat the Lakers in a nail biter of a 4th quarter! Friggin LOVE Pat Beverlys defense!!

Rockets are so inconsistent right now. Hopefully they get that figured out. No way they should be losing games like that.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Rockets are so inconsistent right now. Hopefully they get that figured out. No way they should be losing games like that.

If DiAntoni can get control of the team (some big egos there) and have them settle into themselves, they’ll be unstoppable.

But yeah... they should have curb stomped GS.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member
RIP Kobe, Gianna, and all who perished.

Nothing else to be said except it's a painful day for all Lakers, NBA, and basketball fans in general.

Users who are viewing this thread