The Numbers Are In! MMR + V-2

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Well, I finally got the miles on the car and got it up to Dynospeed Racing for the dyno tune and numbers. There's good news and then there's "not so good" news. Good news is the car made 463rwhp and 404rwtq. That's up from the previous of 436rwhp and 390rwtq. The "not so good" news...I'm pegging the fuel pump at around 5,500rpm. So I can drive aggressive but if I do, will have to shift around 5,500 until I get the fuel issues worked out. By the way, I already have the Aviator Pump and KB Boost-A-Pump (turned all the way up) and 42lb injectors. I think I need 60lb injectors and maybe the 03-04 tank/pump setup. I think the car can put down more but is starving for fuel. Major props to Joe, John, Forest and all the other guys at DYNOSPEED RACING. Here's the sheet:
IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Get an 03 Tank setup with the pumps. I believe they are going around 600-700 brand new on LRS or check with Tousley Ford on here. With the dual pumps and a KB Boost-A-Pump (which i believe you need a new one with dual pumps) you should have adequate fuel. Im pretty sure the 42lbs can go over 500rwhp before 60s are needed.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Fantastic, glad to hear you have good results. Best deal on the 03/04 tank/pumps I've found is late model restoration, I think ~$650 shipped.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You should be able to hit 500RW with an Aviator and 20 amp BAP without issues, I'd upgrade to 60lb injectors and see if that brings your duty cycle down.. There's a number of 96-01 guys in here running that same fuel system and it was the route suggested to me if keeping the stock tank!
What size pulley and how much Boost were you seeing hus?

Last edited:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
That aviator pump should hit 460 rwhp without the use of a BAP. You should be able to hit low/mid 500+ rwhp with the BAP. Are you sure the BAP is functioning properly??

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
It's a 2.87 Pulley and running 10lbs of boost. The BAP is turned all the way up and they even changed the fuel filter to make sure it wasn't clogged and all that happened after the filter change was the car went from 461rwhp to 463rwhp. I started out with the SVT Focus Pump a year ago and made 380rwhp. I then added a few mods along with the Paxton Intercooler and made 436rwhp but was running out of fuel with the Focus Pump. Changed it out for the Aviator and believe it or not, it was still running out of fuel. So I added the KB BAP and now, with the MMR 800, I'm making 463rwhp and back to running out of fuel. :??:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I know the feeling. I've been pegging my fuel system for a long time. It's a never ending cycle.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I would think 60's and the 03/04 tank and pump setup you would be fine. Your power #'s don't seem to be pushing the limit of the fuel system. There are plenty of 99/01's w/ blowers just running 42's, a different pump and a tune. Have you considered a single GT pump? I thought I read on here that you can run that in a 99/01 and not have to modify the FPDM. I also think I read they flow the most out of the aviator, focus and GT pump.

Honestly now is the time to figure out how far you want to go with the car. You may want to just go return style now if need be or go with a bigger returnless system like what Lethal performance offers.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I would think 60's and the 03/04 tank and pump setup you would be fine. Your power #'s don't seem to be pushing the limit of the fuel system. There are plenty of 99/01's w/ blowers just running 42's, a different pump and a tune. Have you considered a single GT pump? I thought I read on here that you can run that in a 99/01 and not have to modify the FPDM. I also think I read they flow the most out of the aviator, focus and GT pump.

Honestly now is the time to figure out how far you want to go with the car. You may want to just go return style now if need be or go with a bigger returnless system like what Lethal performance offers.

Yeah, I wouldn't think that may setup would be pushing the limits at my power level either but for some reason it is. I have dropped a ton of money on this car so far and a complete fuel system is just not feasible at the moment. If I could find a a good cheap 03/04 tank setup then I might spring for it and some new 60lb injectors, but it's going to be a few months for sure. I'm in the stage of my wife killing me in my sleep :sleeping: :cuss:

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's different for every car. I was running the 03/04 set up with 39's on my old motor. I went that route thinking it would be enough. But it just wasn't enough. And the new motor just made things worse.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Something just doesn't add up in the equation. Youre running a 2.8-2.9 pulley and getting 10 pounds of boost? That pulley on a V-2 should have you at like 14+ pounds of boost. On top of that, youre pegging an aviator pump at 5500 rpm with 463 rwhp? Tim Barth did mine at Modular Powerhouse and saw 8 pounds of boost with a 3.60 pulley and pulley to 420+ rwhp without issue on an aviator pump up to the redline. If you've personally verified that you infact have an Aviator pump in your tank, then, you either have a split fuel line in your tank, or some mecahnical issue or, it's a tuning issue.

blacksnake305

Established Member
That aviator pump should hit 460 rwhp without the use of a BAP. You should be able to hit low/mid 500+ rwhp with the BAP. Are you sure the BAP is functioning properly??

EXACTLY. I have a KB @9psi, making a modest 473rwhp and run 39lb termi injectors, an Aviator and a 20amp BAP no problem. Heck, I made 455rwhp without the BAP. 460rwhp should be no problem with just the aviator alone. My setup will get me to 500-525rwhp i'm thinking as I have plenty of fuel at present...

Something's a-miss w/ your setup. Good Luck!

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Something just doesn't add up in the equation. Youre running a 2.8-2.9 pulley and getting 10 pounds of boost? That pulley on a V-2 should have you at like 14+ pounds of boost. On top of that, youre pegging an aviator pump at 5500 rpm with 463 rwhp? Tim Barth did mine at Modular Powerhouse and saw 8 pounds of boost with a 3.60 pulley and pulley to 420+ rwhp without issue on an aviator pump up to the redline. If you've personally verified that you infact have an Aviator pump in your tank, then, you either have a split fuel line in your tank, or some mecahnical issue or, it's a tuning issue.

Boost also depends on the exhaust system,
headers and free flowing exhaust will lower the boost number
while raising the power number.
Fuel tank and pumps (clicky)

M-9002-C46.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread