The New Koenigsegg Jesko

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope, I like those two, only ones I dont like are what I listed plus 458 italias and R8's are also about as dull as a supercar can possibly be.

I like the 90's-early 2000's stuff best.
Nah, function over form. After driving both a 458 and then 488GTB, they could look like a Camaro and I’d still drive one :)
-J

blk02edge

Established Member
Nah, function over form. After driving both a 458 and then 488GTB, they could look like a Camaro and I’d still drive one :)
-J
When it comes to street cars function over form is a joke to me. Personal preference.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Rich kid (man?) who does car videos and has his own collection of cars. Was also chosen to receive a new Ford GT.

Rich...well that's open for interpretation.

He started youtube almost 10 years ago. he was a no name, car spotter in London. Pull up his videos by oldest, and he's walking around Knightsbridge He didn't feature any of his cars, because he didn't have any. As his channel picked up, I think he got a base model Aston, and a Morgan 3 wheeler, neither of which are anything fancy, but it adds content. As his channel grew, he's UK based, so he has access to everything in Europe, BMW, McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Pagani, etc. More view, more money, and he upped his cars, a used Ferrari, and new Porsche. Again, more views, more money and today he has a Ford GT, a McLaren Senna, AMG GT-R, Focus RS, Aston Martin, and McLaren 675 LT...and maybe a daily. He has these cars sometimes stashed all over Europe at friend's places. He's at the level he gets back stage access at multiple car manufacturers, interviews with the founders of Koenigsegg or Pagani, BMW has tossed him a SUV for a couple months to test drive, etc. Quick google says he makes about 250K-2 million a year on youtube. So yeah, he's rich, but he also started off as an average guy and kept taking what he was making and dumping it back into his own business.

...that and some throw out the claim, "oh he just makes youtube videos, what a BS job" but it's far from easy. I think he once did a video about his monthly schedule, and it included like 15 1 one flights, like 27 nights in hotels in 8 countries, plus all the editing he has to do on top of the filming, plus planning ahead for the next month, etc, etc.

Dude knows how to hussle and has worked hard for what he has.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The editing alone on those videos is insane. I had no idea until I started following ChrisFix on IG. The dude is up ALL night editing shit to get up on youtube.

The actual work he does is the easy part. Imagine doing a clutch on a car, it might normally take a guy a few hours but when you need to set up and move the cameras and give little side shots of tips and tricks, it probably doubles or triples the amount of time.

But hey that's showbiz baby.

blk02edge

Established Member
The editing alone on those videos is insane. I had no idea until I started following ChrisFix on IG. The dude is up ALL night editing shit to get up on youtube.

The actual work he does is the easy part. Imagine doing a clutch on a car, it might normally take a guy a few hours but when you need to set up and move the cameras and give little side shots of tips and tricks, it probably doubles or triples the amount of time.

But hey that's showbiz baby.
I started watching Finnegan's garage and damn... Thats one impressive dude, im sure he has lots of off camera help but still the quality of work in the time he does it is impressive

_Snake_

Established Member

Easily triples or quadruples. I documented a oil cooler install on a 6.0 Powerstroke (pictures, no video) and pausing to take pics of each step then going back through the “best” ones, editing them, and putting them in order took waaaaay longer than the actual install.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Don't get me wrong, Koenigsegg puts together great cars, but most of his technology is derivative.

The only thing that I can be certain they developed was the rocket cat.

The gearless transmission they call Hydracoup? Circle track guys have been using that design for, literally, decades. A torque converter and a modified powerglide that uses only one gear.

The Triplex suspension? Formula 1.

The carbon fiber frame? Formula 1.

Retractable wing? (Yeah, he lists that as an innovation and alludes that they invented it) Porsche had that for what? 20 years now? Maybe longer?

Again, he makes cool, low volume cars. But there isn't any more performance there than a well-assembled GTM kit car.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't get me wrong, Koenigsegg puts together great cars, but most of his technology is derivative.

The gearless transmission they call Hydracoup? Circle track guys have been using that design for, literally, decades. A torque converter and a modified powerglide that uses only one gear.

Retractable wing? (Yeah, he lists that as an innovation and alludes that they invented it) Porsche had that for what? 20 years now? Maybe longer?

Again, he makes cool, low volume cars. But there isn't any more performance there than a well-assembled GTM kit car.
Well, I’d say that’s a bit of an understatement.
I’d also say the results of his work speak for themselves.
-J

blk02edge

Established Member

Id loooove to see some suicidal retard try and hit 284mph in their GTM

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Id loooove to see some suicidal retard try and hit 284mph in their GTM
Would love to see any Koenigsegg win any road course race. Any. Even one.

I mean, even Miatas have won some sort of races.

I guess winning magazine 0-200-0 contests and car shows is great too?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Completely different class of cars. How many 1600hp track cars do you see out there and when was the last time the Bugatti Veyron won a race? Bugatti hasn't won anything race wise in decades probably. Both of these are boutique hypercars that you will never see race because they aren't meant to.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Completely different class of cars. How many 1600hp track cars do you see out there and when was the last time the Bugatti Veyron won a race? Bugatti hasn't won anything race wise in decades probably. Both of these are boutique hypercars that you will never see race because they aren't meant to.
Of course. It was in retort to the comment about "retards" hitting 284mph in GTMs.

Not that far fetched actually.

The GTM aero is modeled after a modified Ford GT which someone just hit 294mph in a standing mile two years ago (how long does it take any Koenigsegg to hit 284mph?), so with enough power, there isn't much reason as to why a GTM couldn't hit the same number. But we all know how retarded I can be.

Maybe the retard comment was related to wrecking the GTM at that speed? Pretty sure the Koniegsegg driver would be dead wrecking at 284mph also? The Ford GT? Trying to think of any car where it wouldn't be retarded to hit 280+mph in. Bet I could come up with 17 pages of cars that would be retarded to go that fast in.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member

Miatas win races they are classed for with the right driver.

The next fastest car to the ONE:1 on Spa is the Radical RXC v8. Do some googling. No GTM will EVER go 284mph on the same road the koenigsegg ran on.

But I guess all engineering is the same so miata=ONE:1

slow poke

Established Member
The one:1 has what like 1300hp and weighs 1300kg. Why hasn't it beaten every lap record to date. The 760hp aventador SVJ did lap of 6:44, konnneegggisssegg said the one:1 could possiby hit a lap time of 6:40. 6:40???? Really?? Only??? With double the HP and less weight than the aventador it better go a lot faster than that. The 6:40 is theoretical though because the one:1 got demolished in a crash when it was out there.

What market do they slot into. Ultra luxury? Fastest straight line? Track weapon? I really have no idea with them.

I like the cars and engine tech but I'm much more excited for something like the Aston Martin valkyrie.

blk02edge

Established Member
The one:1 has what like 1300hp and weighs 1300kg. Why hasn't it beaten every lap record to date. The 760hp aventador SVJ did lap of 6:44, konnneegggisssegg said the one:1 could possiby hit a lap time of 6:40. 6:40???? Really?? Only??? With double the HP and less weight than the aventador it better go a lot faster than that. The 6:40 is theoretical though because the one:1 got demolished in a crash when it was out there.

What market do they slot into. Ultra luxury? Fastest straight line? Track weapon? I really have no idea with them.

I like the cars and engine tech but I'm much more excited for something like the Aston Martin valkyrie.
Horsepower is only one small aspect of lap times, having more horsepower doesnt mean much. Read up on the one:1 lap attempts at nurbergring, its frustrating. If they had the same factory efforts in going to destroy like porsche, lamborghini and GM they would be right there with the fastest, in a car that isnt as dedicated to lap times. The car is playing in the field of best at luxury, straight line, track and its not impressive? False, it is impressive

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Same class as the Veyron ir Chiron. Neither have track credentials so they are supposed to be ultra high performance, high class, ultra rare hypercars with the most horsepower and fastest top speeds. People fight to get allocations fot these cars which in turn allows these manufacturers to eventually develop more accessible vehicles (if a million dollars is considered accessible) like Koenigsegg is doing now. I would bet eventually Koenigsegg will have regular, higher volume supercars that will compete with the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Aston Martin.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Christian stated the cars have always been designed to put the power down so their suspension isn't particularly optimized for track use.

I watched a video a while back of some guy driving a regera and he was extremely impressed with how much power could be fed through 2, albeit sticky, street tires.

_Snake_

Established Member
Yea it’s not athletically pleasing but certainly necessity at 300 mph. Besides, when you are cranking out 1600 buff horses I think you can have some leeway for function over form.

Doesn’t the 300 mph version have a different, smaller wing?

Users who are viewing this thread