The New Koenigsegg Jesko

helloWorld

Established Member
Here is a nice technical video for you guys about the new Koenigsegg Jesko. It is almost 37 minutes long, but trust me, it never gets boring. Also, if you don't like Shmee, it wouldn't matter as he really doesn't talk much during this video. You get a really good detailed look at what all goes into making a car like this.

Also, 1600 HP from a 5L V8 on pump E85!!!

RX1Cobra

Established Member
This still mod motor based? Sure looks like one from the outside.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
This still mod motor based? Sure looks like one from the outside.
They haven't been using Ford engines for a while, but I don't think their in house design/build is much different.

I haven't watched this video, but I did read this is a flat plane crank. He appears to pay attention to what Ford does with their engines.

Recon

Established Member
I watched that video last night. It’s incredible that such a small car manufacturer can do so much in the development of that car, compared to previous models. I mean he designed a FPC for the engine, four wheel steering, completely new transmission, unique anti lag turbo system, etc. Not to mention the areo system or the luxury options. And not to mention Mr. Koenigsegg knows pretty much every little detail of his cars, which few, if any, CEO’s can say.

Pick your poison.

Zemedici

Established Member
I watched that video last night. It’s incredible that such a small car manufacturer can do so much in the development of that car, compared to previous models. I mean he designed a FPC for the engine, four wheel steering, completely new transmission, unique anti lag turbo system, etc. Not to mention the areo system or the luxury options. And not to mention Mr. Koenigsegg knows pretty much every little detail of his cars, which few, if any, CEO’s can say.

Pick your poison.

Buddy David (ThatDudeinBlue) was eating breakfast at a luncheon, and Koenigsegg was there with them.

He seems off in space, thinking about something.

David goes ‘hey you alright? Whatcha thinking about?’

Koeni goes ‘I’m brainstorming a transmission that doesn’t use gears’

David goes ‘oh yeah? I’m thinking about these waffles’ :D he said dude never turns it off, this was prior to 8am.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
With him utilizing or mimicking a lot of Ford's engine designs for his own, Ford would be smart to offer to partner with him in some capacity to develop and share future technology. Koenigsegg may be the brightest mind in the automotive industry at the moment and Im surprised no major manufacturer has tried to work with him with the ideas he has. People think Elon Musk is the the most forward thinking in the industry but I would argue Koenigsegg is creating much more intriguing technology.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
There's some shots of the engine in this video:

2:36 is the first glance, but the whole video is insane. Christian's level of love for this cars and his memorization of the smallest numbers/facts/details is just unlike no other.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
That wing is just.......no.

Function over form. That wing produces more downforce than any other car. It's similar to the wing used on some of the Agera RSs.

I will be intrigued to see the the less track focused Jesko although and see if that has less of or simply a different spoiler design.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I cant watch that video 5sec of that guys voice makes me sick

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Buddy David (ThatDudeinBlue) was eating breakfast at a luncheon, and Koenigsegg was there with them.

He seems off in space, thinking about something.

David goes ‘hey you alright? Whatcha thinking about?’

Koeni goes ‘I’m brainstorming a transmission that doesn’t use gears’

David goes ‘oh yeah? I’m thinking about these waffles’ :D he said dude never turns it off, this was prior to 8am.
With a brain like his and all the stuff he's already accomplished, it's probably for the better of the automotive world if he doesn't ever "turn it off".

With him utilizing or mimicking a lot of Ford's engine designs for his own, Ford would be smart to offer to partner with him in some capacity to develop and share future technology. Koenigsegg may be the brightest mind in the automotive industry at the moment and Im surprised no major manufacturer has tried to work with him with the ideas he has. People think Elon Musk is the the most forward thinking in the industry but I would argue Koenigsegg is creating much more intriguing technology.
This! Ford would benefit greatly with a partnership with him.

Users who are viewing this thread