**** the new 5.0

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Anything can be made fast. Stick with your new edge. You can't change the overall look of the car and the New Edge looks WAY better than that ugly rear end on the soon to be outdated 10-14

359it1s-1.gif

a new edge guy using the word "outdated".

Naturesmistake

Established Member
Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Dont hate on a BRAND NEW CAR dude.... Those 5.0s are essentially American M3s (look at the comparisons).

:dw:

Don't do that man....seriously. :lol1:

Have you ever driven an M3, or for that matter any BMW? The fit and finish is LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything American. And I love American sports cars more than any other car there is. But you can not compare the two, and the resale value comparison of the two reflects that as well.

stangfreak

Established Member

Have you ever driven an M3, or for that matter any BMW? The fit and finish is LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything American. And I love American sports cars more than any other car there is. But you can not compare the two, and the resale value comparison of the two reflects that as well.

I am not shocked that was said. Heck they compare there cars to a c6 z06. I also read that pre 2011 mustangs, don't bother buying. All junk. I love svtp.

Elwood617

Established Member
Dont hate on a BRAND NEW CAR dude.... Those 5.0s are essentially American M3s (look at the comparisons).

If you only look at performance, and nothing else, that is a semi-accurate statement. M3 are amazingly balanced car. Very capable at the track, and very nice street cars.
The 5.0 is as fast at a road course if your willing to hang it out a bit. It transfers weight really easily, and you have to be gentle with your inputs to get the most out of it. The rear is vague in bumpy sections, I cured mine with a Watts link. It is NOT an M3. Which is a good thing in my book, as I think the 5.0 is more engaging and fun to drive.

What you say is true in every aspect except pure performance :)
On the plus side for the Mustang, you don't have to feel bad modding it. The Mustang is not going to be worth much in the future anyway, where as with the M3, anything you do will take away value :)

Sick03Vert

Banned
I am not shocked that was said. Heck they compare there cars to a c6 z06. I also read that pre 2011 mustangs, don't bother buying. All junk. I love svtp.

:lol:

I know right? Thinking that new 3.7L V6 is calling my name. I don't think I have the required credentials for the 5.0...no racing license here. :lol1:

Sick03Vert

Banned
If you only look at performance, and nothing else, that is a semi-accurate statement. M3 are amazingly balanced car. Very capable at the track, and very nice street cars.
The 5.0 is as fast at a road course if your willing to hang it out a bit. It transfers weight really easily, and you have to be gentle with your inputs to get the most out of it. The rear is vague in bumpy sections, I cured mine with a Watts link. It is NOT an M3. Which is a good thing in my book, as I think the 5.0 is more engaging and fun to drive.

What you say is true in every aspect except pure performance :)
On the plus side for the Mustang, you don't have to feel bad modding it. The Mustang is not going to be worth much in the future anyway, where as with the M3, anything you do will take away value :)

If you are referring to straight line only, then yes, the GT nudges out the M3. But on a road course (I hate saying that because nobody really autocrosses, but it is what it is) the M3 will be the faster car.

Everything outside of performance, though, the M3 trumps the GT. Heck, it trumps my Cobra too. BMW's are built like tanks. Wish I still had my '08 335xi coupe. Friggen turbos let go, but it was neglected by the previous owner. :(

Elwood617

Established Member
If you are referring to straight line only, then yes, the GT nudges out the M3. But on a road course (I hate saying that because nobody really autocrosses, but it is what it is) the M3 will be the faster car.

Everything outside of performance, though, the M3 trumps the GT. Heck, it trumps my Cobra too. BMW's are built like tanks. Wish I still had my '08 335xi coupe. Friggen turbos let go, but it was neglected by the previous owner. :(

The difference isn't as big as you would think on a road course. With nothing but amateurs on the course with me, I smoked everything on the track with me, including an M3. Equal drivers, I think the M3 would have a small advantage. Just because it is better balanced, and would not be as hard on the tires, and brakes. I had my brakes protesting after two hard laps.
I the hands of my instructor, a devout M3 guy, my car chased down and passed an E36 race prepped car.

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member

Once again, please point me to a post where a 5.0 guy says a 5.0 is in the same league as a z06. This keeps brought up in everyone termi vs50 thread and it always a termi guy.

It's like one idiot said this one time and it's y'all's ultimate crap talk weapon

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

Rct851

Established Member
^ read the first page. I'd have to see it to believe it myself but either way nobody said anything to the effect of a 5.0 being in the same league. Even te OP conceded the only explanation was the Z blew the tires off it which we know how slow that can make even the fastest cars

I will concede the OP of that thread shouldn't of even posted that. He knew it was the most rediculous of events for that to happen.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
^ read the first page. I'd have to see it to believe it myself but either way nobody said anything to the effect of a 5.0 being in the same league. Even te OP conceded the only explanation was the Z blew the tires off it which we know how slow that can make even the fastest cars

I will concede the OP of that thread shouldn't of even posted that. He knew it was the most rediculous of events for that to happen.

Read the whole thread. It gets pretty deep.

Users who are viewing this thread