**** the new 5.0

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
P1sc procharger. Shorty headers, That's basically it haha running 10:1 compression, about 7 psi at the manifold. I made 422hp 398tq at 5800 rpm (maxed my maf)

Figured something was wrong....you have 1K RPM's left dude...

Get a new MAF or Diablo...suspect you should be about 450RWHP.

Most Bolt-on 5.0 make 410 to 425 RWHP from what I hear depending on mods

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I would love to run my old SC Mach with my NA tune on my 5.0. From a dig I think the 5.0 would take the lead and stay there. No contest if the 5.0 is sprayin.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Anything can be made fast. Stick with your new edge. You can't change the overall look of the car and the New Edge looks WAY better than that ugly rear end on the soon to be outdated 10-14

KILRSVT

Established Member
Man... I love my 5.0 it's nothing like my whipple terminator I had but it is a great handling great braking solid car .... At the end of the day what ever makes you happy. Can't go wrong with a new edge either good run bro

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Love the rear of the 10-14 s197s.. Was parked next to an older blue s197 GT and I think the newer rear is hands down better, but then a again I love a fat ass.

Looking forward to what the s550 looks like in person from the rear.

V8Thrasher

Established Member
Dont hate on a BRAND NEW CAR dude.... Those 5.0s are essentially American M3s (look at the comparisons).

I wanted a New Edge at one point, but you have to be a tiny man to drive one. I drove my brothers 02 Firehawk, which is bigger than a new edge, and I felt cramped in it.

My 07 GT (RIP) :( was a perfect fit, not too big, not too small. Id love a new 5.0, but I cant afford it right now, so Im sticking with my SVT Lightning.

Dont get so discouraged, the fact you could keep up with a 5.0 shows your car is a pretty good street performer already.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Dont hate on a BRAND NEW CAR dude.... Those 5.0s are essentially American M3s (look at the comparisons).

I wanted a New Edge at one point, but you have to be a tiny man to drive one. I drove my brothers 02 Firehawk, which is bigger than a new edge, and I felt cramped in it.

My 07 GT (RIP) :( was a perfect fit, not too big, not too small. Id love a new 5.0, but I cant afford it right now, so Im sticking with my SVT Lightning.

Dont get so discouraged, the fact you could keep up with a 5.0 shows your car is a pretty good street performer already.

New Edge's are smaller than S197 but plenty of "big-boned" ...cough...cough...people driving them.

I have driven an 01 Firebird and they are slightly bigger, IMHO, but nothing huge?

Unless you are > 6'2" or > 240 pounds doubtful it is a big issue but maybe?

I believe for a while people were cramming S197 seats into New edge cars back in 07?

Charged99

Established Member
Love the rear of the 10-14 s197s.. Was parked next to an older blue s197 GT and I think the newer rear is hands down better, but then a again I love a fat ass.

Looking forward to what the s550 looks like in person from the rear.

The new s550 looks awesome person!! I'm highly debating getting one

Users who are viewing this thread