**** the new 5.0

Charged99

Established Member
Not really though..
So I raced my friends 2011 5.0. We did a couple pulls and both turned out the same. Ran from 70 to around 110. Now we both were in 3rd he's at 5k rpm I'm at about 3500. (Still running 3.27s, he has 3.55s) he gets about half a car jump on me, hits fourth and I basically closed the gap back up by the top of 3rd. Let off at top of third since we were already over 100.

It kills me we are still even after all my work. Although I know I will walk on him once I finish my tune and get some 3.73s.

As much as it makes me want a new one I love the fact that I can say I built my car myself.

Last edited:

Spudz

Established Member
Might want to be careful with the title of your threads. Not sure if that is considered circumventing the profanity filter or not.

Charged99

Established Member
P1sc procharger. Shorty headers, That's basically it haha running 10:1 compression, about 7 psi at the manifold. I made 422hp 398tq at 5800 rpm (maxed my maf)

Charged99

Established Member
You need to get the maf fixed so you spin that thing to redline

Ya I already got the mafia I've just been waiting to get some 3.73s so that I don't have to get it tuned twice. Also have to relocate my IAT sensor to the pressure side so that we get an accurate reading. My tuner said once I do that he can put more timing into it

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Op get them 3.73s on there and go from a 45 roll, I think the outcome will be a good bit different.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
DID HE JUST SAY EFF THE NEW 5.0!??!

tumblr_muqs58ZQlY1sib2dzo1_250.gif

Last edited:

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Not really though..
So I raced my friends 2011 5.0. We did a couple pulls and both turned out the same. Ran from 70 to around 110. Now we both were in 3rd he's at 5k rpm I'm at about 3500. (Still running 3.27s, he has 3.55s) he gets about half a car jump on me, hits fourth and I basically closed the gap back up by the top of 3rd. Let off at top of third since we were already over 100.

It kills me we are still even after all my work. Although I know I will walk on him once I finish my tune and get some 3.73s.

As much as it makes me want a new one I love the fact that I can say I built my car myself.

The performance curve has lifted greatly across all car lines over the past decade and a half and what used to be fast is now slow. I understand the wanting to build it yourself aspect (it is why I bought a base), I did the same my old 90 LX back in the day. Now we have family cars running faster than what exotics did 30 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread