The Last Crown Vic Being Assembled

Bullitt02744

Established Member
Those were all built locally here in St Thomas, Ontario. The huge plant is mostly torn down now. Crazy to think how many of them are still going strong. What a staple for reliability and dependability.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Good find. Where did the last CV end up? Sold to the public or put in a museum? With all the signatures I'm sure it'd be strange to retail the car.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Love these cars. Had a 91 Town Car and it was a beast in the bad weather. Reliable, parts were cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Good find. Where did the last CV end up? Sold to the public or put in a museum? With all the signatures I'm sure it'd be strange to retail the car.

It went to Saudi Arabia and is on display at a big Ford dealer last I heard. I don't know if its been sold since.

It was a 2012 model car which couldn't be sold here due to safety regulations and Ford gave absolutely no shits about this platform so they weren't going to keep it.

I think Ford would done really well if they put a 5.0 with a better trans in the Crown Vic.

That would have required them to invest multi-millions of dollars into a platform which was barely available to the public by the time it ended.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I do miss the Crown Vic, it was an icon and easily identifiable. I could spot its profile/headlights etc in an instant. That is harder nowadays with the variety of interceptors out there, there are still a few Crown Vics being used by our local PDs, but they are noticeably declining in number. There are a lot more Taurus interceptors, Caprice PPVs, Chargers, Tahoes, Explorers in use around here.

I think it would be cool if Ford brought it back, but I don't see it happening anytime soon if ever.

SoddyRebel

Darkside
Established Member
great cars, i daily a p71

DSCN2258.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
From the time these came out, I never saw them as a vehicle I could ever see myself owning. They just seemed like crap to me from the get-go.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
From the time these came out, I never saw them as a vehicle I could ever see myself owning. They just seemed like crap to me from the get-go.

The panel gaps on my marauders are better than most S550's I've seen. They also don't have a 50-70mph driveline shake.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The panel gaps on my marauders are better than most S550's I've seen. They also don't have a 50-70mph driveline shake.

Neither does my S550. But never the less, when compared to other cars that were on the road at the time, I never was drawn to the CV. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread