The Internet Sucks Now

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Has anyone else noticed how the internet has become absolute dog shit these days?

All the search engines are basically running Google which basically filters to give you exclusively Corporate Sales content. It is impossible to find personal webpages anymore. In the way back days it was easy to find active forms and personal pages for almost any topic. Blogs and GeoCities sites with guys showing all their upholstery work, FAQs and Walkthroughs, small business promotions.

Web Forums had been bustling places of content creation and sharing. I've recently been looking at doing a Baja Bug and everything out there basically died around 2012. I think we all know what happened, everyone turned to Facebook Groups, Reddit and Instagram - but all of those sites absolutely suck in your ability to search, communicate, and have anything resembling a conversation.

Google Image is also broken. Once you could use it to find build threads, crazy swaps or projects, etc, now? It's just taking you to eBay listings, Car Sales listings or most importantly - Pinterest.

1995 - ~ 2005 is going to be looked back on as a golden Era not unlike the way we think about the "50's".

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Has anyone else noticed how the internet has become absolute dog shit these days?

All the search engines are basically running Google which basically filters to give you exclusively Corporate Sales content. It is impossible to find personal webpages anymore. In the way back days it was easy to find active forms and personal pages for almost any topic. Blogs and GeoCities sites with guys showing all their upholstery work, FAQs and Walkthroughs, small business promotions.

Web Forums had been bustling places of content creation and sharing. I've recently been looking at doing a Baja Bug and everything out there basically died around 2012. I think we all know what happened, everyone turned to Facebook Groups, Reddit and Instagram - but all of those sites absolutely suck in your ability to search, communicate, and have anything resembling a conversation.

Google Image is also broken. Once you could use it to find build threads, crazy swaps or projects, etc, now? It's just taking you to eBay listings, Car Sales listings or most importantly - Pinterest.

1995 - ~ 2005 is going to be looked back on as a golden Era not unlike the way we think about the "50's".
The problem is everyone wants to hang from Fakebook, Instacrap and TikTart’s balls….

ALL of those platforms suck and don’t retain any way of going back to original content that was posted like on a forum. On any forum a user can search back YEARS and find what they need. The forums also have the camaraderie and friendly atmosphere from those who do enjoy helping others, those who have similar projects going, or where there is the tons of advice given without some buffoon looking for just another “thumbs up” to their stupid, baseless, rhetorical comments.

Instead of feeding the machine, for all of you who can’t stand those platforms (but use them…), post on there to go back to and support your favorite forum(s) by linking the forum in your post. That is the only way to get these forums back to how they should be…

I don’t use Fakebook - it’s nothing but a breeding ground for idiots who can’t handle real life situations, who can’t adapt socially, who can’t hold a conversation in the real non-virtual world, they sit behind their keyboards bullying everyone but wouldn’t dare have the balls to do it in person, and it’s just High School drama to infinity.

Fakebook/Meta is nothing but world of infidelity, insecurities, and scams, on a platform where the idea and concept was stolen… so scum follows scum.

VegasMichael

Established Member
1703856039559.gif

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Imagine that.

Another “everything sucks” thread by you.

JFC

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Least I'm not a miserable prick that feels the need to follow members around attacking them.

Have a blessed day.

Blown 89

Established Member
I want to make fun of you for posting after drinking last night but I got on the internet this morning and ran through every search engine I knew of to get news on Maine taking Trump off the primary ballot and none of them listed a conservative news source in the 10 pages I looked through. I think conservatives are waking up to the fact that the left has been playing a long game for decades now and we're losing....bad.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I want to make fun of you for posting after drinking last night but I got on the internet this morning and ran through every search engine I knew of to get news on Maine taking Trump off the primary ballot and none of them listed a conservative news source in the 10 pages I looked through. I think conservatives are waking up to the fact that the left has been playing a long game for decades now and we're losing....bad.
We only are we losing…we lost. The game is over. Accept it and you won’t be too mad anymore.

Reaper14

Established Member
Speaking of the playing the long game. There was an old video our there with an Islam man speaking to a white man. Talking about how the west will go down soon. Due to them having 4 wives with 4 kids each & us 1 wife with 1-3 kids. In another generation or 2, our daughters will be wearing their face coverings & worshipping Allah.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

How about searching for "best vacuum cleaner" and not getting 20 pages AI Generated websites that are "Top 5 Best Vacuum Reviews" but then they just show 5 links to Amazon.

How about finding actual normal person reviews on YouTube and not either paid shills or AI voice over Amazon advertisements.

Blown 89

Established Member
How about searching for "best vacuum cleaner" and not getting 20 pages AI Generated websites that are "Top 5 Best Vacuum Reviews" but then they just show 5 links to Amazon.

How about finding actual normal person reviews on YouTube and not either paid shills or AI voice over Amazon advertisements.
There's a Google employee behind that "AI" data. I have a friend that does just that for Google and after having dinner with her it was clear her political bias makes its way into every result. Every single one of those vacuum cleaner reviews are just some person looking at the review counts and picking whatever gets them done with the story faster.

I've noticed that honest reviews are hard to come by on Youtube lately too. A tech youtuber showed his stats a few years back and he said if he did a negative review on an LG phone it generated more income than a positive one. The money behind the reviews drives the content rather than the product itself. It's infuriating.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I’ve compared searches on Google vs DuckDuckGo - and the results on DuckDuckGo are far better than what Google spits back.

For instance, do a search for XYZ image on GOOG then do the same exact search using same exact terms on DDG; you will find more images/content related to your search in DDG than GOOG.

It’s almost like GOOG is filtering out content based on what Corp GOOG wants you to find/see, rather than the randomness and wanted content as the OP speaks of ….

Users who are viewing this thread