The hatred for California....

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Stopped in Ca. for fuel in 1979 on my way to Guam, have no 1st hand knowledge.
See their governor on TV, seems like an idiot, BUT HE WAS ELECTED BY SOMEONE.
Posts on this & other sites by people that live there don't paint a very desirable picture.
Good weather only goes so far, & what people have to walk through to get to the beach, doesn't seem worth it !!

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I guess what has me miffed are the people who refuse to visit California because of politics, liberal leanings, laws, etc. How does a weekend or week long trip to see the sights even related to that? I used to live in Vegas and would take a few trips there every year to escape the heat and always had a good time. Lots of beautiful vistas in the northern part of the state. I mean when I'm driving the Pacific Coast Highway with the windows down I'm not thinking about politics and liberals. When I'm in Big Sur marveling at the redwoods I'm not thinking about tax policies or gender pronouns. At the beach I'm enjoying the water and bikini girls and I'm not preoccupied with who they voted for or what their opinions are about firearms. I just think some people are missing out on some nice experiences California has to offer because they can't set aside someone else's opinions for a few days.

Nobody said you had to talk to people when you're there.

Nothing like going to SanFran to watch someone shit in the streets. Such an amazing place.

With that said, Oakland we the Prettiest Ghetto I’d ever been shot at in.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I guess what has me miffed are the people who refuse to visit California because of politics, liberal leanings, laws, etc. How does a weekend or week long trip to see the sights even related to that? I used to live in Vegas and would take a few trips there every year to escape the heat and always had a good time. Lots of beautiful vistas in the northern part of the state. I mean when I'm driving the Pacific Coast Highway with the windows down I'm not thinking about politics and liberals. When I'm in Big Sur marveling at the redwoods I'm not thinking about tax policies or gender pronouns. At the beach I'm enjoying the water and bikini girls and I'm not preoccupied with who they voted for or what their opinions are about firearms. I just think some people are missing out on some nice experiences California has to offer because they can't set aside someone else's opinions for a few days.

When was the last time you went?

My wife and I used to fly out for short weekend trips all the time (2015-2018), we went one last time right before covid and I was blown away how much the place had regressed within a few years.

I'm specifically talking about SF, we like Boudins. Normally we would fly in, find some cool shit in the city, eat, maybe spend the night and then head north.

Last time we went, we landed, grabbed a car and were headed to Boudins. While driving in the city we were both like "WTF happened here?" and decided to get out immediately and find a place that had bread out of the city.

Trash everywhere, homeless people yelling at each other at lights, tents or sleeping bags littering side streets.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Yeah, only 10 more years till I'm retirement eligible. Though I'll probably wait till my twins are out of high school to leave this State, which is 15 years in total.

The rampant crime, homelessness, soft policies/laws, taxes/fees, Liberals/lefties, idiotic legislation, fire/water/energy crisis, and ban on everyday things like gas leaf blowers/generators/vehicles is just the last straw for me. Let's not even mention how much this State hates guns yet has millions of them in lawful hands. We often find criminals the victims and the victims the criminals with our Judicial system and the court of public opinion.

I've voted red/Republican for 20+ years now and I'm not sure if it's ever helped.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing like going to SanFran to watch someone shit in the streets. Such an amazing place.

With that said, Oakland we the Prettiest Ghetto I’d ever been shot at in.

Come on bro, don't believe everything you read in the internet! CA would never allow that.

8niu84jrcat21.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Because **** 'em that's why. Why should I spend my money there?

I was born in California, moved when I was but a wee lad. Had a lot of family there but they all left long ago. I doubt any of them return. Now I get to deal with all the ****tards fleeing that state and bringing their bullshit here.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I never went to California to visit any major cities. Personally, I don't know who would except for maybe San Diego or Monterey/Carmel. My focus was always on looking at the natural beauty the state has to offer outside the urban areas. I don't give two hoots about what they do with the money I spend there or what their beliefs are. Has no effect on me. I was there for almost a week last year and didn't talk to anyone except my cousin up in the Eureka area. I don't live there and never will.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Stationed there for 2-3 years towards the end of my career in San Diego. Did 3 years after that in Charleston, SC where I retired and stayed. Sorta different being station someone than actually living there on the economy and dealing with the politicians. Beautiful place for sure, will never go back.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
PCH is an awesome drive. Hopefully you're doing most of your driving during the week days so you don't get screwed by all the RVs slowing you down.

Every beach you stop at count the idiots you see wearing masks. Yes you read that right, morons on the beach with ****ing masks. I know your trip isn't until June but trust me, they'll still be around.
went to huntington beach this past weekend to escape the unbearable heat. beach was crowded but not one mask in sight. occasionally ill see a person still wearing a mask in my area. theyre still required at medical offices though. im about 50 or so miles east of LA area and i see plenty of FJB flags and stickers on vehicles and homes.

for the person cruising down PCH, stop by Mulhullond if you have time. i took a friend who rides street bikes and was visiting from MI through Mulhullond. he was blown away and said he's never seen anything like it and said he badly wants to come back with his bike to ride through lol. you can get it to from PCH and then work your way back. lots of twisty canyon roads between the two.

ive spent almost my entire life in LA. its sad what it has become. downtown LA went from dumpy/scary to gentrified and upscale, back to dumpy again in less than 20 years. sad. the rents are still stupid high though. whenever i drive back now i feel like im driving into a third world country. the surrounding areas are nothing like LA.

still, its not war in the streets like it is in Chiraq or NYC.

and id take LA any day over Portland or Seattle, especially the former. yikes!

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
PCH is an awesome drive. Hopefully you're doing most of your driving during the week days so you don't get screwed by all the RVs slowing you down.

Every beach you stop at count the idiots you see wearing masks. Yes you read that right, morons on the beach with ****ing masks. I know your trip isn't until June but trust me, they'll still be around.

Regarding Californians moving to other states and bringing their BS with them I am genuinely sorry.

I can say this because I unfortunately know some of them. They've either already left or are planning to. I will admit a few won't cross the line and vote blue but the others are incompetent and refuse to even attempt to understand the error of their ways.

As a born and raised Californian I agree that what is coming out of here is ****ing cancer. Hopefully it can be mitigated somehow.
This will be a 12-14 day trip, we'll be taking our time anyway.

I kinda figured the masks are still in full force there.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The good thing is when i got stuck and traffic and couldnt wait to get home i just hopped out and dropped a deuce next to my car and nobody in the police car next to me even said a word

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Have lived in CA since 1984. It's an absolute shame what it turned into. CA is a case study of how you can turn the best into the worst in a few short decades. This is what one party commie rule will do. And this is spreading fast to other states.

It's not all bad, but it definitely takes some money to live in the nice areas. For anybody coming to LA, check out the Palos Verdes peninsula. You won't find any homeless people, scenic beauty is off the charts and there are some really great driving roads.

Users who are viewing this thread