The HARD TRUTH about EVs

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Won't argue the pricing form Ford. I have no idea. But again, I have an 8 year warranty on the battery pack and motors. I highly doubt I'll have this car 8 years from now.

Lithium may not be the future. I have no idea. I simply know that we (society) have a pretty good track record of solving problems with alternate solutions.
Even if the battery lasts 8 years that would mean in a 10 year span that vehicle would use $32,000 (todays prices) in battery (energy). Plus all the kw used in the 10 years cost. There is no way that is cheaper than an ICE vehicle in the same time span. The cheaper or cost efficient argument holds zero water. An EV is not cheaper to own when you factor the battery into the equation.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Even if the battery lasts 8 years that would mean in a 10 year span that vehicle would use $32,000 (todays prices) in battery (energy). Plus all the kw used in the 10 years cost. There is no way that is cheaper than an ICE vehicle in the same time span. The cheaper or cost efficient argument holds zero water. An EV is not cheaper to own when you factor the battery into the equation.

Again, there are a multitude of 8+ year old Teslas running around on their factory battery still holding their value on Autotrader.

You're talking about a problem that isn't one and using that as justification. If every battery pack (of the millions in existance) shit the bed at 8 years, I'd agree with you. But that's not happening--not even close.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Again, there are a multitude of 8+ year old Teslas running around on their factory battery still holding their value on Autotrader.

You're talking about a problem that isn't one and using that as justification. If every battery pack (of the millions in existance) shit the bed at 8 years, I'd agree with you. But that's not happening--not even close.
What kind of dumbass would buy an 8 year old Tesla?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
What kind of dumbass would buy an 8 year old Tesla?

Lol not me but they're out there and they hold their value. To the point that it's not that much more expensive to buy a brand new one dependent on the age and model.

But people can spend their money how they wish.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Imagine being so deluded that you compare your shitbox Tesla power wheels to a GT500 or a HellCat…

lmfao-498-x-466-gif-jdqz2l6mxwuq28og.gif

I wouldn’t compare them, the GT500 is more fun to drive, and it is meant for a road course where a Tesla would be out of its element. But the reality is, on the street, a Plaid will absolutely embarrass one. By about a train length.

It takes a GT500 1000rwhp+ to best a
Plaid. The Plaid hurts a lot of people’s feelings on the street, it’s about the same as a newer stock 1000CC bike to 170mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
“I am not going to own this in 5 years”

- Every EV proponent while trying to justify how awesome they are.
Imagine having a 04 Terminator Cobra EV and being on the 3rd battery pack for a total of $45,000.00 (prob way more) invested to keep it running and telling everyone how economical it is?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
“I am not going to own this in 5 years”

- Every EV proponent while trying to justify how awesome they are.

I've never owned a car longer than two years. I've owned 19 in 20 years. Why would this be any different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread