The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
My local Ford dealer has 4 new Lightnings on the lot, all below MSRP. Guess people are catching on.

That F150 EV fire video that went viral didn't do Ford any favors. Funny how Tesla fires have no effect on the Teslaittes.

kaz109

Established Member
Ha! Looks like I hit a nerve! I’ve been waiting for the “I’m not going to own it in 5 years blah blah” garbage response or any response that takes in account that the battery would be worth more than the vehicle in 5-8 years after ownership. Like who is stupid enough to buy a 5 year old electric car? LOL. Buying this garbage makes zero sense, cost of ownership, time to charge, all the limitations! And they are more expensive! How stupid do you need to be to buy this junk? Kaz, please tell us in your next reply!
So again ….. this is you worrying about other people’s finances.

My reply is simply this. It makes sense for me to by it just like it made sense for me to by all of my other vehicles that doesn’t have 500mi gas range or that I don’t keep more than 5 years. For day to day use it will be cheaper in those 5 years to “ fill up” and routine maintenance as well as the convenience of never having to stop to “fill up”

If I did keep it longer and needed a battery I would buy one, simple as that. I have had a couple cars that has coots me annually maintenance of 5k-7k …. This would be no different, well actually it would because I wouldn’t need to by a battery annually.

I have said this to you in the past but I’ll remind you , don’t make your problem other people’s problem. Just because you can’t afford or are not willing to pay doesn’t mean other ppl can’t or won’t.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

My reply is simply this. It makes sense for me to by it just like it made sense for me to by all of my other vehicles that doesn’t have 500mi gas range or that I don’t keep more than 5 years. For day to day use it will be cheaper in those 5 years to “ fill up” and routine maintenance as well as the convenience of never having to stop to “fill up”

If I did keep it longer and needed a battery I would buy one, simple as that. I have had a couple cars that has coots me annually maintenance of 5k-7k …. This would be no different, well actually it would because I wouldn’t need to by a battery annually.

I have said this to you in the past but I’ll remind you , don’t make your problem other people’s problem. Just because you can’t afford or are not willing to pay doesn’t mean other ppl can’t or won’t.
It would probably be helpful if you just said you like the car and will buy the car.

Very difficult to rationalize cost savings on these things. I have tried and can’t do it. Seems most others cannot as well or the uptake would not be stalling out. Perhaps you can justify it given that you want one and there certainly are some cost benefits even if minimal. No different than someone justifying a Mercedes over a Ford.

kaz109

Established Member
It would probably be helpful if you just said you like the car and will buy the car.

Very difficult to rationalize cost savings on these things. I have tried and can’t do it. Seems most others cannot as well or the uptake would not be stalling out. Perhaps you can justify it given that you want one and there certainly are some cost benefits even if minimal. No different than someone justifying a Mercedes over a Ford.
Ford and Mercedes analogy is way off, that is very easy to justify

My original post stated I wasn’t sure I’d have to look into it more but for me my justification is simple, if I am getting the same range out of my civic why not switch to an EV and save on gas money and get the added convenience of “filling up” while I am sleeping .

As I stated earlier I did look into one but available was not there and the ones that were was at a price point t that didn’t make sense to me and figured a civic would be the best option. Having the civic now for the last 6 months and realizing I’m having to fill up just as often as I would an EV As well as now I have the opportunity to get the EV I would at pretty close to what I paid for the civic it has me thinking that might be a better option.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
We'll see, not holding my breath.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced historically strict vehicle tailpipe emissions limits in April, which the agency projects will contribute to approximately two-thirds of all light-duty vehicles going electric after 2032 and nearly half of medium-duty vehicles by 2032

The standards could be found unconstitutional in light of the Supreme Court’s embrace of the “major questions doctrine,” the idea that agencies must have explicit authority granted by Congress to regulate major policy issues, experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Nah. My new '23 Model Y is supposed to be here by the end of the month w/ a fresh 4yr/50,000 B2B warranty and 8yr/120,000 Battery warranty.

FJB, but his $7,500 Tax Credit is making it too easy to trade-up.

BTW, the rest of America says, "You're welcome" for the tax credit.

FJB, his regime, and ev bloodsuckers.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

I don’t give a F what you do or anyone does with their money. What I do take exception to is bullshitting people that an EV “costs less” than a gasoline vehicle. It does not. You pre pay for the energy when you buy the vehicle. You need to “re up” when the fuel runs out at whatever the market rate for lithium is at that time. I can buy a lot of gasoline for $30,000. I have mustangs that are 50 years old. If they were EVs that would mean I would be on the 5th battery to keep these cars road worthy. That would be over $150,000 in batteries needed to keep those cars running. I can promise you that throughout these car’s life no where near that amount has been purchased for fuel. Stop the bullshit. You want a electric goof cart to ride around in - fine - but trying to justify it financially makes you sound like a complete idiot to people that can do basic math.

kaz109

Established Member
I don’t give a F what you do or anyone does with their money. What I do take exception to is bullshitting people that an EV “costs less” than a gasoline vehicle. It does not. You pre pay for the energy when you buy the vehicle. You need to “re up” when the fuel runs out at whatever the market rate for lithium is at that time. I can buy a lot of gasoline for $30,000. I have mustangs that are 50 years old. If they were EVs that would mean I would be on the 5th battery to keep these cars road worthy. That would be over $150,000 in batteries needed to keep those cars running. I can promise you that throughout these car’s life no where near that amount has been purchased for fuel. Stop the bullshit. You want an electric goof cart to ride around in - fine - but trying to justify it financially makes you sound like a complete idiot to people that can do basic math.
Lol… you have a hard time grasping this concept…. OUR SITUATIONS ARE NOT THE SAME.

I am not saying EVs are the end all be all, I’m not saying I’m replacing every vehicle I own with an EV.

I do not have a vehicle older than 20yrs old so your example of your 50yr old mustangs do not apply to my situation. In the lifespan that I will own said vehicle it is looking like an EV might save me money along with time throughout the day.

I assure you my math is correct you just can’t seem to understand that not everyone is looking at it from an end all be all lens like you are.

BTW from the research that I have done the battery life is more about miles on the battery not the years so even if I was in your situation I’d be ok being as none of my vehicles get driven more than 6k miles annually

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
1689335119461.png

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Lol… you have a hard time grasping this concept…. OUR SITUATIONS ARE NOT THE SAME.

I am not saying EVs are the end all be all, I’m not saying I’m replacing every vehicle I own with an EV.

I do not have a vehicle older than 20yrs old so your example of your 50yr old mustangs do not apply to my situation. In the lifespan that I will own said vehicle it is looking like an EV might save me money along with time throughout the day.

I assure you my math is correct you just can’t seem to understand that not everyone is looking at it from an end all be all lens like you are.

BTW from the research that I have done the battery life is more about miles on the battery not the years so even if I was in your situation I’d be ok being as none of my vehicles get driven more than 6k miles annually

When do you take delivery of your Tesla cyber truck?

kaz109

Established Member
Do more research because that’s not how batteries work.

Yep. Battery doesn’t know miles from any other load.

Charge/discharge cycles
Heat
Vibration

And the old hour glass.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
My apologies I should’ve clarified myself when making that statement.

It is more about charging cycles/heat than years. Meaning the fast DC charging will shorten the lifespan of the battery. Driving more ( putting miles on the vehicle) will resort in more charging so that shortens the lifespan of the battery

To just make a blanket statement like “ after 10 years (or in @SSSSSSSSSSSSVT case now saying 5 years lol) the battery will need to be replaced is uneducated and uninformed .

So to use @SSSSSSSSSSSSVT scenario if his 50yr old mustang were EVs chances are they don’t get driven much ( most ppl with classics don’t put 30k mi a year on them) so no he would not have to spend 150k in batteries to keep them on the road.

Unless I am wrong and he daily’s them but I doubt that’s the case .

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

It is more about charging cycles/heat than years. Meaning the fast DC charging will shorten the lifespan of the battery. Driving more ( putting miles on the vehicle) will resort in more charging so that shortens the lifespan of the battery

To just make a blanket statement like “ after 10 years (or in @SSSSSSSSSSSSVT case now saying 5 years lol) the battery will need to be replaced is uneducated and uninformed .

So to use @SSSSSSSSSSSSVT scenario if his 50yr old mustang were EVs chances are they don’t get driven much ( most ppl with classics don’t put 30k mi a year on them) so no he would not have to spend 150k in batteries to keep them on the road.

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. Go enjoy your Honda civic or Tesla like the giant cuck you are.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

It’s more about battery discharge rate then number of charge cycles, but both contribute to battery life. If there’s a slower charging rate, that will aid in preventing battery “memory”

Nuclear submarines have pretty basic batteries but they are sizable. 600lbs/cell and 128 cells IIRC.

Modern battery cells are much more sensitive to charge/discharge rates, but are pretty reliable if treated well.

kaz109

Established Member
Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. Go enjoy your Honda civic or Tesla like the giant cuck you are.
Haha, expected response from the level of intelligence you have shown thus far.

As far as me not having a clue what I am talking about, I can only go off the information that is out there and from the information I have gathered I have learned that people like you seem to be misinformed or just flat out naive.

Granted EVs are not for everyone and certainly wouldnt have my only car or my entire fleet be EVs but they do have benefits.

Users who are viewing this thread