The Force is Strong"R" With This One

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That "R" emblem is kinda cool. Would be better if it was just the "R", though.

ANGREY

Established Member
The new Signature Wheel SV306S are here. Along with the new Signature Wheel GT350R Spec center cap I had designed. Let me know what you think about the wheels and the new center caps. These have both new style options shown, and will be available for customers ordering R spec wheels in the future.

Just got back in town, and I am hoping to have these installed on the R by the end of the day today. Although I am not sure I will be able to get any photos tonight.

View attachment 1509391
View attachment 1509392
View attachment 1509393
View attachment 1509394
View attachment 1509395
View attachment 1509396
View attachment 1509397
View attachment 1509398

Give us the info on the new shoes! How much was the weight? I'm already pot committed on 19's but I'm curious as to how much more the 20s are relatively.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
[bcolor=transparent]The new 20” Signature Wheel SV306S setup is finally mounted on the GT350R. This is the first set to be mounted on any car, my first set of 20” wheels, and I wanted to get your thoughts. Here is the pertinent visual setup on the car and my takeaways. Photos taken by Austin (Summit SS on Instagram)[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent][/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent] [/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Wheels/Tires/Suspension[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Signature Wheel Multi-Piece SV306S (approximately 26lbs)[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]20x11 / 20x11.5 with modified GT350R offsets[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Brushed Bronze Tinted Centers[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Polished barrels[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Titanium hardware[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]OEM GT350R Springs/Suspension[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Caliperfexion brake caliper studs[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]Custom GT350R length lug nuts[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]305/25/20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]325/25/20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]Exterior[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Carbon Composites by MAD 11-Piece Carbon Fiber Exterior Kit[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]S550 Carbon Hood Vent[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]S550 Carbon Fender Vents[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]ZL1 Addons Front Tow Hook[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]ZL1 Addons Rear Tow Hook[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Race Red painted mirror caps[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Ijdm Toy 4th brake light[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Opt7 LED turn signals[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Diode Dynamics Side Marker Lights[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]Thoughts:[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Street tire sizes to fit a 11/11.5 wheel in a 19”-20” wheel are limited. SC2 and other track tires don’t work for me driving in the cold, wet, or having poor tread wear. The 305/325 combination gives me streetability, endurance, and the ride quality is surprisingly good on the Magneride shocks even with the small sidewall. Not feeling beat up at all, but mileage has been limited. Wheels came out great, and the offsets I developed worked very well for concavity. Probably wont lower the car as I have a separate set of wheels coming for track use. Overall very happy with the outcome, and amazed these 20” wheels in wider offsets still weigh less than the OEM 19” GT350 (33lb) wheel. I can custom build these for any car, as well as our many monoblock options.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]Questions about pricing are better sent via DM/PM/Email/Messenger as this is not a for sale advertisement, just sharing photos of my car with the community. Tag a bro, click a like, hit a follow. Enjoy the photos and hope to see you in Signature Nation soon.[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_1.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_2.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_3.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_4.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_5.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_6.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_7.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_8.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_9.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_10.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV306_S_GT350_R_Summitt_SS_11.jpg
[/bcolor]

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Rome for sure was not built in a day. Been a long process finding killer looks for the car, testing out designs for customers, and finding ways to be involved in the Mustang community. I am developing more custom pieces for the car to use at shows, or events I attend and display wheels at.

Tried out these new wheel/tire displays with my winter Signature Wheel Precision Series SV702. During that process I snapped a few photos of the wheels and really have come to appreciate the intricacy of the design. The details built into the structure of the wheel add a level of depth I do not usually come across in wheels for our platform. Being able to see the marks left behind by the CNC machine just blows my mind. Makes you want to get up on them close and study ever inch a little further.

SV702 Matte Black GT350R Spec (3 of 3).jpg
SV702 Matte Black GT350R Spec (1 of 3).jpg
SV702 Matte Black GT350R Spec (2 of 3).jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Those 350R wheels are similar to the 99-04 Saleens. Love the car, but not feeling those wheels on it. I like the wheels, just not on the 350R.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
[bcolor=transparent]My second track day of the year in the GT350R is coming up this Monday at ThunderHill Raceway Park. I ordered a set of Signature Wheel Track Series SV503 and they arrived today. Built in a 19x11 / 19x11.5 GT350R spec, Gloss Gunmetal finish, and anti-slip bead knurling. I plan to put on a set of 305/30/19 Continental that I have in the garage and get some use out of them. Thinking I may place on the OEM SC2 once those are done for.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]In general I have always felt track specific and track focused wheels left a little something to be desired. Not the case with these.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
SV503 Gloss Gunmetal GT350R Spec (4 of 4).jpg
SV503 Gloss Gunmetal GT350R Spec (2 of 4).jpg
SV503 Gloss Gunmetal GT350R Spec (1 of 4).jpg
[/bcolor]

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
[bcolor=transparent]Ran into a logistical nightmare with trying to move all these wheels and tires. Luckily we have a solid option here in Sacramento thanks to Wade at Premier Mobile Tire. He came to the house to do the mounting/balancing. Cost me about $340 out the door, and even had black wheel weights for the black wheels. A little more than I pay at my local tire shop, but well worth it considering my time savings. He got all this mounted up in about an hour and didn't scratch any of the wheels.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
Capture.jpg
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]These are the new Track Series SV503 and Precision Series SV702 mounted up on the car. The SV503 are wrapped in 305 continentals and will be a track wheel. The SV702 will be my winter setup and on a 305/325 MPSS setup. Both are built with anti slip bead knurling so I can put on a slick if I get that advanced. But everything is for sale ;). [/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Very happy with both, but wondering which one you guys like more.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]1) SV503 - GT350R Spec - Gloss Gunmetal[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
SV702_SV503_1_of_2.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_1_of_1.jpg
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]2) SV702 - GT350R Spec - Matte Black[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
SV702_SV503_2_of_2.jpg
[/bcolor]

[bcolor=transparent]
SV702_Precision_Series_GT350_R_1_of_1.jpg
[/bcolor]

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
These are some of the first images I took of my GT350R after having the Track Series SV503 mounted up. Pretty thrilled with the finish overall, and man are these things light. Had them out for 1 session during our last Signature Wheel/Ford Performance Racing School track day and they worked just as intended. Great blend of track functionality and style. Here are the specs...

Front Wheel/Tire Specs
-Front Wheel: 19x11
-Front Tire: 305-30-19 Continental Extreme
-Front Wheel Weight: 21.88 lbs
-Front Tire weight: 27 lbs
-Combined wheel/Tire Weight: 48.88 lbs

Rear Wheel/Tire Specs
-Rear Wheel: 19x11.5
-Rear Tire: 305-30-19 Continental Extreme
-Rear Wheel Weight: 20.58 lbs
-Rear Tire Weight: 27 lbs
-Combined Wheel/Tire Weight: 47.58

Overall I still prefer the feel of the Michelin PSS/4S over the continental, but I didn't dislike the tire as much as I thought I would. For street driving the Continental feels pretty good, but still a little squishy to me when tossing the car around. Good feedback though. What are everyone else feelings about the Continental VS the Michelin street tire?

Track shots by Robert Gluckman

1738_AEC1_47_F3_45_D8_9_B6_E_80_E6_B71490_F2.jpg

SV503_GT350_R.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_1_of_9.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_2_of_9.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_3_of_9.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_4_of_9.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_5_of_9.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_6_of_9.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_7_of_9.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_8_of_9.jpg

SV503_Track_Series_GT350_R_Gunmetal_9_of_9.jpg

32_CFEF15_9321_4976_9_C05_55129_D6_E1_B9_B.jpg

16_E3_A481_E059_41_A4_BEB0_824_A14_ED0_AC4.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Overall I still prefer the feel of the Michelin PSS/4S over the continental, but I didn't dislike the tire as much as I thought I would. For street driving the Continental feels pretty good, but still a little squishy to me when tossing the car around. Good feedback though. What are everyone else feelings about the Continental VS the Michelin street tire?

I have the exact same opinion as yours. Continentals are really good street tires, but Michelins are much better. I enjoyed the Extremes on my GT500, but they never quite gave me the confidence and driving feel I was looking for. That said, they were very good in the wet and on cool/cold days. It's weird, but I had more confidence in them in the wet/cold than in the dry. I would still recommend Continentals to anyone, though. They are good tires.

On another note, it appears that carbon fiber dress-up kit you have isn't available anymore. http://mad-ind.com/shop/mustang-gt350-coupe-11pc-wing-kit/

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I have the exact same opinion as yours. Continentals are really good street tires, but Michelins are much better. I enjoyed the Extremes on my GT500, but they never quite gave me the confidence and driving feel I was looking for. That said, they were very good in the wet and on cool/cold days. It's weird, but I had more confidence in them in the wet/cold than in the dry. I would still recommend Continentals to anyone, though. They are good tires.

On another note, it appears that carbon fiber dress-up kit you have isn't available anymore. http://mad-ind.com/shop/mustang-gt350-coupe-11pc-wing-kit/
Last time I talked to Chris they pulled the site down until after SEMA. Swamped with his other projects.

Well put on the tires. You basically summed up everything I was thinking. Good street tire, not a bad track tire, but Michelin was still my fav.
They need a stiffer sidewall to be as razor edge as the MPSS.
Very true. Makes for a nice ride on the street though

ANGREY

Established Member
I've all but given up on the whole "wet" aspect of performance tires. Let's be honest. With meats up front and rear and more than a couple bills in torque, there's not a tire out there that's going to eliminate pucker factor driving in the rain. It's largely an aspect of tiny shades of dangerous when talking one tire to another. Outside of an all weather passenger tire, there isn't going to be a severe improvement (or detriment) one way or the other with ultra performance tires. All of them are going to be severely prone to hydroplaning because of the width of the tires and without a tread design that sheds water (which NONE of them can feature without significant reductions in dry grip), it's which debutante has the smallest moustache.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I've all but given up on the whole "wet" aspect of performance tires. Let's be honest. With meats up front and rear and more than a couple bills in torque, there's not a tire out there that's going to eliminate pucker factor driving in the rain. It's largely an aspect of tiny shades of dangerous when talking one tire to another. Outside of an all weather passenger tire, there isn't going to be a severe improvement (or detriment) one way or the other with ultra performance tires. All of them are going to be severely prone to hydroplaning because of the width of the tires and without a tread design that sheds water (which NONE of them can feature without significant reductions in dry grip), it's which debutante has the smallest moustache.
"Tiny shades of dangerous"

I am going to steal that one.....

ANGREY

Established Member
"Tiny shades of dangerous"

I am going to steal that one.....

The last time I've felt physical/mortal danger was in my 350 in the rain. I was admittedly, going WAY too fast and had WAY too much confidence in the ability of the DOT to ensure compliance from the road contractor an allowed sections of interstate with bird baths.

After the car broke loose and my first counter steer I was thinking (whooooaaaaaa) after the second counter steer the other direction I remember thinking (okay, this isn't good) and after the 3rd counter steer the other direction I thought (*&$# I'm going to jack up my car) and as I began the 4th counter steer the opposite direction I thought (I may not live through this). Luckily I didn't hit anything and got the car back under control, but I nearly learned the hard way that meaty Summer tires and inevitable puddles on the highway are a recipe for wrecks.

Rather than swap out the MPSS for a touring tire, I just decided to drive like a 90 year old pothead on a Sunday cruise when it rains.

Users who are viewing this thread