The Force is Strong"R" With This One

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Custom Lug Nuts
The custom lug nuts for the GT350R platform are done thanks to the help of MGW, @Tob, and some good buddies at The Snake Pit in Ohio. Measurements came out great and are flush front to rear. They do an excellent job of hiding the exposed front extended studs on the R when you switch to an aftermarket wheel. I will walk you through some photos and my thoughts.

Finished Products
Here are some photos of the lug nuts after being coated with black oxide. They are freshly oiled so everything sticks to them. Recommended to oil them up every month or so with WD40 on a rag or some gun oil to add some extra shine if you want. I do like the coating and finish overall, although they will scratch if you drop or hit them hard with the socket. Good thing about these is a sharpie will fix any small mistakes you make.

Cusom_GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_1_2.jpg

Cusom_GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_2_2.jpg

Cusom_GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_3_2.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_15_of_15.jpg

Exposed Studs Before
Here are some photos of the car with the ZL1 Addons titanium lug nuts, and front studs exposed.
GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_10_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_11_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_12_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_14_of_15.jpg

Hidden Studs After

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_1_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_2_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_5_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_6_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_7_of_15.jpg

Conclusion
I am happy with the product and how it turned out. It accomplishes the goal of hiding the exposed studs, and will blend very well with a dark colored wheel. Even with a lighter colored wheel it takes the focus off the stud and puts it back on the wheel. I much prefer not needing to put my deep socket so far into the lug nut hole and risking damage. I would encourage anyone purchasing a set to have them redone some custom way down the line. From my experience any time you have metal on metal the friction could leave a mark on the surface. If you drop a lug nut or hit it the coating may show wear. My personal idea to really tie it all together is to use some Shadow Black touch up paint to color the very tip of the stud so it matches with the end of the lug nut. In any case, let me know what you think.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Question; why didn't they just go that little extra and close off the ends?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Question; why didn't they just go that little extra and close off the ends?

Wanted to keep the lug open ended so it could be used with varying wheels and other studs made by MSI or ARP. More material also means more weight.

Instead of trying to account for all variances, we left it open.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
@50 Deep , can you post some pics of the bottom of the rear aero tray? It just hit me the other day that that's quite a large piece, and if they actually reproduced the whole thing in carbon fiber, that would explain the hefty price of the kit.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
@50 Deep , can you post some pics of the bottom of the rear aero tray? It just hit me the other day that that's quite a large piece, and if they actually reproduced the whole thing in carbon fiber, that would explain the hefty price of the kit.
Yeah sure. The rear valence and rear diffuser are two separate pieces though. The CCBM piece is only the valence that attaches to the bumper

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Oooh. Ok. Nevermind then. Thanks for the consideration, though.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Been a little while since I was able to update some information about the car. Sold my current Signature Wheel SV701 setup as I plan to switch over to a 2 piece 20" Signature Wheel setup very soon. In any case, here are some photos I just edited from the last track day at Buttonwillow. Car has a complete carbon fiber exterior package from Carbon Composites by MAD. Photos taken by the mad man Robert Gluckman.

So hard not to love this car..

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_1_of_1.jpg

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_1_of_8.jpg

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_2_of_8.jpg

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_3_of_8.jpg

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_4_of_8.jpg

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_5_of_8.jpg

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_6_of_8.jpg

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_7_of_8.jpg

SV108_GT350_R_Buttonwillow_8_of_8.jpg

ANGREY

Established Member
New wheels are finally done. Signature Wheel SV306S in a 20” GT350R spec. Waiting on tires and have to get these ceramic coated when they arrive. Then it’s game time!

View attachment 1507478

Well, give us all the details. Weights (front and back)? I'm betting you can swing a dead cat between the wheel and calipers on a signature 20"

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well, give us all the details. Weights (front and back)? I'm betting you can swing a dead cat between the wheel and calipers on a signature 20"
That analogy is quite correct lol.

The wheels get delivered to the detail shop Wednesday. I will get them weighed and mounted this coming Saturday when I return from out of town. Can’t wait!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That analogy is quite correct lol.

The wheels get delivered to the detail shop Wednesday. I will get them weighed and mounted this coming Saturday when I return from out of town. Can’t wait!

Ugh! You're killing me, Smalls! Why can't you wait until after everything is ready and mounted before posting about it in the first place?? LOL

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Ugh! You're killing me, Smalls! Why can't you wait until after everything is ready and mounted before posting about it in the first place?? LOL
Hahaa. You should see me over here checking my tracking number every couple of hours.... So ridiculous....

1FASFKR

Established Member
Beautiful R. I've been following your thread. I finally stopped by the local Ford STEALERSHIP to look at a couple R's they had today...for $30k over msrp. Is that still the going rate? We fired one up and I gave it couple revs. Completely insane the exhaust note going from normal to sport. Completely intoxicating. I don't how anybody would keep miles off this car. Honestly, the standard GT350...at just $15k over msrp... is more for me. Creature comforts are to minimal in the R for me.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Beautiful R. I've been following your thread. I finally stopped by the local Ford STEALERSHIP to look at a couple R's they had today...for $30k over msrp. Is that still the going rate? We fired one up and I gave it couple revs. Completely insane the exhaust note going from normal to sport. Completely intoxicating. I don't how anybody would keep miles off this car. Honestly, the standard GT350...at just $15k over msrp... is more for me. Creature comforts are to minimal in the R for me.

Going rate for the R should be about 5k over now, with MSPR deals still a little hard to find. Standard models being at sticker.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
The new Signature Wheel SV306S are here. Along with the new Signature Wheel GT350R Spec center cap I had designed. Let me know what you think about the wheels and the new center caps. These have both new style options shown, and will be available for customers ordering R spec wheels in the future.

Just got back in town, and I am hoping to have these installed on the R by the end of the day today. Although I am not sure I will be able to get any photos tonight.

SV306_S_20_GT350_R_Spec_1_of_8.jpg

SV306_S_20_GT350_R_Spec_2_of_8.jpg

SV306_S_20_GT350_R_Spec_3_of_8.jpg

SV306_S_20_GT350_R_Spec_5_of_8.jpg

SV306_S_20_GT350_R_Spec_6_of_8.jpg

SV306_S_20_GT350_R_Spec_7_of_8.jpg

SV306_S_20_GT350_R_Spec_8_of_8.jpg

SV306_S_20_GT350_R_Spec_9_of_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread