The difference between a mid 10 and a low 9 second pass

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
I had a great weekend of racing, ran a new best of 9.168 @ 149.65 mph, all motor. While I don't have a mod motor, I thought this vid is pretty cool as my rear facing camera shows the difference between a mid 10 sec car and a low 9 second car. People that don't know much about drag racing think "1.4 second difference, big deal". Well, its a huge deal!

3 races on the vid, I run a 9.168 vs a 10.54, second race 9.179 vs 10.61

[youtube_browser]WupMHkbRKRg[/youtube_browser]

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Very nice car, and yes you are 100% right! I know a lot of people that think 1 second in the quarter isn't much of a difference. Now I have a video to show them with.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I hear you man, I know how big of a deal it is just to go even a few tenths faster.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Great vid!!! What a difference!! that was awesome!

One drive when he went by you all I thought was ricer flyby! haha but im sure he had a reason

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
:eek: Very nice view.
Sick car too. :rockon:

Thanks!

Very nice car, and yes you are 100% right! I know a lot of people that think 1 second in the quarter isn't much of a difference. Now I have a video to show them with.

Yeah, my cousins and some friends really have no idea, this will go a long way in trying to explain it to them.

I hear you man, I know how big of a deal it is just to go even a few tenths faster.

your 148 mph trap speed is pretty stout, you could go 9.20s if you can sort out your 60' vs 9.70s.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'm reminded of two videos I always go to when trying to show how fast dragsters are. Your video was a great example of more "streetable" proportions. Thanks :beer:
Fast forward to 1:50. Keep in mind this top alcohol not top fuel; about 5k hp less.
[youtube_browser]EKIx4_0KsvA[/youtube_browser]

Stock Pontiac G6 vs a Fuel Dragster. Dragster only allowed to hit throttle for one second or 60ft, and then coast.
Fast forward to 1:55 to see a dirty burnout. 2:44 for the best view in the entire video
[youtube_browser]ws6gseaIIJU[/youtube_browser]

Thanks a lot for your vid OP

Last edited by a moderator:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
nice vid op! and congrats on the pb. once i lined up next to you at famoso (when you still had a 3v in the car) and i remember being amazed at how far down the track you were... u ran 9.40 to my 12.18. HUGE difference!

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
not trying to steal the show.....but i always thought this was cool. My buddy wore a helmet cam when we raced, my bike ran a 10.0, and he ran a 10.8.....its a helmet cam so you don't see me until i'm way out, but its pretty cool to see the difference.

[youtube_browser]Udr3puFZC5M[/youtube_browser]

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
not trying to steal the show.....but i always thought this was cool. My buddy wore a helmet cam when we raced, my bike ran a 10.0, and he ran a 10.8.....its a helmet cam so you don't see me until i'm way out, but its pretty cool to see the difference.

Was the reaction time between you to similar?

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
nice vid op! and congrats on the pb. once i lined up next to you at famoso (when you still had a 3v in the car) and i remember being amazed at how far down the track you were... u ran 9.40 to my 12.18. HUGE difference!

How long ago, and what car were you driving? What color.

REPCobra10

Established Member
That was a very cool video, OP! It really is hard to explain, in words, how big of a difference 1-second is in a quarter-mile drag race. You filmed it to convey that difference. That will get some of the non-believers believing...:beer:

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Stock Pontiac G6 vs a Fuel Dragster. Dragster only allowed to hit throttle for one second or 60ft, and then coast.
Fast forward to 1:55 to see a dirty burnout. 2:44 for the best view in the entire video
[youtube_browser]ws6gseaIIJU[/youtube_browser]

Thanks a lot for your vid OP

That was a cool shot from the car, it looked like the dragster was shot from a canon. The 60' was .850 :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread