Link

Project6.jpg

Project3.jpg

Project4.jpg

Project5.jpg

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
50 less horsepower and 300-400 more lbs.

Besides it looks very little different from the original Challenger... Dodge couldn't come up with something at least a LITTLE original?

The next time ANYONE complains about the plastic look of the Mustang, all you gotta do is show them this picture.

djpheer

Established Member
the srt version will be 475 hp + and where do you get the impression it is 300-400 lbs heavier? the shelby is a pig! lol Styling? the shelby looks like a mustang v6. lol. Don't get me wrong, i am in the market to buy a shelby gt500, but these arguments are futile.

Last edited:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
djpheer said:
the srt version will be 475 hp + and where do you get the impression it is 300-400 lbs heavier? the shelby is a pig! lol Styling? the shelby looks like a mustang v6. lol. Don't get me wrong, i am in the market to buy a shelby gt500, but these arguments are futile.

No the SRT version will only be 475 HP+ if they use the crate Hemi, which isn't emissions legal, and would add almost $5500 to the cost of the base 6.1 engine.

Use your head, the SRT model will use the standard 6.1 HEMI at 425 HP just like the other SRT-8 models do.

All the other 300 based cars, the 300C, the Charger, the Magnum ALL weigh in excess of 4000 lbs. Most in fact are pushing 4200.

So a good start for the SRT-8 would be 4200 lbs, just like the other SRT8's.

Miata Love

Banned
It's in the Feb issue of MPH. Not just spy photos either they did a story on it. 3600lbs and 425hp for 28k. That's Corvette performance for Mustang GT money. I'm defiently buying one.

R1Lello

Established Member
:poke:

Like most Chryco products.........they don't gain popularity so the aftermarket is sloooowww in coming out(if any at all) with the goods including tuners because chryco make it so tuff.........so have fun tweaking and tuning that. If you want to go faster than stock you are required to pay to play so Ford or GM only, thát's the way to go.

R1Lello

Established Member
Miata Love said:
It's in the Feb issue of MPH. Not just spy photos either they did a story on it. 3600lbs and 425hp for 28k. That's Corvette performance for Mustang GT money. I'm defiently buying one.

Oh, please post your photos when you finally buy a mans car.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Miata Love said:

There is NO way the SRT-8 will be selling for 28k.

ALL the SRT-8's start at 38k...

Miata Love

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
There is NO way the SRT-8 will be selling for 28k.

ALL the SRT-8's start at 38k...

The RT will be coming with the 6.1 not the SRT like the other cars. See the pictures where it says R/T on the car? There's also some hood shots out there that show the 6.1 decals on the hood of this car. The 6.1 is the base engine in the new Challenger. No crappy V6 or 5.7 in this car. They say if you want that you have to buy one of the 4 doors they built on the same platform. The SRT version is said to be a detuned 6.4 (392) with around 475hp. Oh yeah no crappy SRA either it only comes IRS.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
All of a sudden, the people who hate the 05 Mustang's retro styling are now liking the Challenger's retro look? :shrug:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Miata Love said:
The RT will be coming with the 6.1 not the SRT like the other cars. See the pictures where it says R/T on the car? There's also some hood shots out there that show the 6.1 decals on the hood of this car. The 6.1 is the base engine in the new Challenger. No crappy V6 or 5.7 in this car. They say if you want that you have to buy one of the 4 doors they built on the same platform. The SRT version is said to be a detuned 6.4 (392) with around 475hp. Oh yeah no crappy SRA either it only comes IRS.

The 6.4 is PURE rumor. Nothing more. Again, the 6.4 is NON-emissions rated. Meaning it's not street legal...

There is also the possibility there will be no SRT version of the Challenger...

Funny how that SRA based 05 Mustang handles just almost as good as the Miata...

Miata Love

Banned
Evil_Merlin said:
The 6.4 is PURE rumor. Nothing more. Again, the 6.4 is NON-emissions rated. Meaning it's not street legal...

There is also the possibility there will be no SRT version of the Challenger...

Funny how that SRA based 05 Mustang handles just almost as good as the Miata...

What are you basing that off of? Skidpad #'s? That doesn't tell you how a car handles it just tells you how good it can hold a 300ft (usually) circle going in one direction.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Miata Love said:
What are you basing that off of? Skidpad #'s? That doesn't tell you how a car handles it just tells you how good it can hold a 300ft (usually) circle going in one direction.

Skidpad, 200 ft salolm and 600 ft salolm...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Evil_Merlin said:
Skidpad, 200 ft salolm and 600 ft salolm...

In the Miata'a defence a lot of that has to do with the Miata having no balls. Wait, maybe that's not really in its defence :poke:

Jpjr

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
All of a sudden, the people who hate the 05 Mustang's retro styling are now liking the Challenger's retro look? :shrug:

These are the 'haters' IMO. From Day 1 I have not been a fan at all of the retro turn for the Mustang. Keeping with that logic, it will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy that ugly orange thing in the pictures.

When will the big 3 'get it'? Resorting to retro is not the way to go IMO, even if the baby boomers are loving it. Now it looks more and more like the Camaro and/or GTO will be retro'd out as well... :xpl:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Definately HOT.
Nice Job Dodge..

Now, just get it to market, dont water it down, and keep it around $35,000. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread