The cobra's replacement...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
eh do not want.

i think my dsm is more reliable that what ive heard from most Porsche owners. Actually my current boss is going on week 3 without his as its in the shop. He actually told me "you wont drive a car you actually want to drive for under $1000 a month, i guarantee it" i told him "gimme an extra $500 a month and ill prove you wrong".......im hoping to get it come the review, 03/04 Cobra time again..........

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
eh do not want.

i think my dsm is more reliable that what ive heard from most Porsche owners. Actually my current boss is going on week 3 without his as its in the shop. He actually told me "you wont drive a car you actually want to drive for under $1000 a month, i guarantee it" i told him "gimme an extra $500 a month and ill prove you wrong".......im hoping to get it come the review, 03/04 Cobra time again..........

ok.

1. Because one guy who owns a porsche (probably a newer one anyway) that is not reliable, your DSM (lol) is more reliable than all porsches? DSMs are pieces of shit that can be made fast for relatively little money, nothing more.

2. This is an aircooled G50 porsche. Cars don't get much more reliable.

3. The rest of your post is entirely irrelevant.

Sweet.

Thats the old 993 3.6 T iirc...??

Yup its a 3.6L aircooled flat six with twin K16 turbos.

Last edited:

GHIG RTR

Banned
Very nice bro! 965's & 993's are sex on wheels! 2011GT's will be a dime a dozen, just like all the S197's you see around. Now porsche's (not including the boxster's), are a rare find here in SATX. Definetly one of the cars I wanna have in my stable!

Last edited:

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
Beautiful car man...would take that over many 03/04 cobras any day.

I got a good laugh out of the guy praising his DSM in your thread. I saved a few of those pics for desktop use!

doubleblack

Established Member
Very nice..I remember you talking about porsche's back in the BON days...have fun w/ it...
How far into modding the cobra did you get before you sold it?

mystical

Established Member
Congrats man, always loved those things. Can't believe so many haters out there.

So the 99 is gone?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Very nice..I remember you talking about porsche's back in the BON days...have fun w/ it...
How far into modding the cobra did you get before you sold it?

Thanks. Cobra was about as modded as it gets.

built motor, cams, blower, intercooled, solid axle, 6 speed conversion, bunch of suspension stuff, etc. Owned it 9 years.

Congrats man, always loved those things. Can't believe so many haters out there.

So the 99 is gone?

Lol, I kinda get a kick out of it.

The 99 was sold about 3 days before christmas last year. Nice guy from georgia bought it (his friend tistan posts on here). I miss it, but not as much as I thought I would honestly.

Thanks again guys.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice car, I love the 993 Turbos. I will buy one some day, and it would be a hoot to do an RUF conversion on it.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Sure, I remember that dyno day. I remember the thing being down more than running, so I didnt stick around long.

DSC01489_2.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

08-07-28SummitPoint014.gif

08-01-27996002.jpg

Awesome Scott:rockon:. Yea the dyno broke for a while then it took an hour to get this gay eagle talon ready to dyno. They had a whole crew working on the car like it was a street terror or something. It ended up putting down a whopping 310hp :kaboom:

bubbrubb

Gorgeous & Timeless!!

Porsche. There is no substitute... especially for a clean aircooled turbo :beer:

It's disappointing to see how narrow minded this forum is getting as it grows. I blame part of that on the terminator prices falling....

Users who are viewing this thread