The cobra's replacement...

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
How's the build quality? My guess is that the Porsche is more of a weekend car? :thumbsup: such a timeless icon.

Its pretty fantastic. Everything is screwed (not plastic clipped) together, so there are basically no rattles or anything, even with the hard ride.

It could be used daily, but I don't.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Welcome to the club.

Just noticed you're from NJ. We do a Times Square Rally every year in the middle of the night from DC. I hope to make my first one this year. 6 speedonline dot com mid-atlantic section. come on over.

Please post some pics of your porsche:rockon:. One of the sickest porsches I have ever seen. I dont know if you remember but you had it at a dyno day down near the NSA. I forget the shop name.

To Op: Love it man, nice ride

cobraracer46

Banned
amaz\ing bro, u will not regret... Germany produces the best cars,tool, basically anything and everything on the planet... :beer:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bc8Cf2gTM8"]YouTube- Porsche 911 GT2 vs R35 GTR H2H[/ame]:poke::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some of the most hideous cars to work on; VW and Audi!:cuss: Guess what? both of those makes are German!:fart:

Quadcammer, I like your brick drive way, but I do not like the Porsche. The interior looks like something out of the 80's. I will say this though, You will have fun with that super tail happy oversteering Porsche at a open track event.:thumbsup:

Even though the brand new Porsche's look a lot better than the older models, count me out. Give me a 2000 R or a 2010 GT500 in Kona blue.:rolling:

Common

Established Member
I thought you were getting a viper?!.....

Either way, congrats and I hope it serves you well. It looks very nice!

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Very nice area you live in..and well, the car is nice too. I wonder how taller people fit in these? Looks a little small...Congrats.

fangstang

Established Member
best looking 911 turbo ever. The 993 body style is the last of the nice looking porsches.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
YouTube- Porsche 911 GT2 vs R35 GTR H2H:poke::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some of the most hideous cars to work on; VW and Audi!:cuss: Guess what? both of those makes are German!:fart:

Quadcammer, I like your brick drive way, but I do not like the Porsche. The interior looks like something out of the 80's. I will say this though, You will have fun with that super tail happy oversteering Porsche at a open track event.:thumbsup:

Even though the brand new Porsche's look a lot better than the older models, count me out. Give me a 2000 R or a 2010 GT500 in Kona blue.:rolling:

Lol that was a big rant, and almost 100% personal opinion except the video. :thumbsup: :lol:
You hate the German engineering?

Georgie

Established Member
YouTube- Porsche 911 GT2 vs R35 GTR H2H:poke::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ur saying this because u will most probably never be able to afford a porscha let alone drive one... for its year it was one of the top performing supercars out and not to mention its a 6. Second, dont wanna burst ur bubble , but GERMANY has been the top exporter for the past 15 years just getting eclipsed last year buy China..now that says ALOT

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member

As mentioned, the interior is from the 1960s, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Want to know why? 5 gauges in perfect view, huge upright windshield, nothing to distract you. Oh, and the gauges actually tell you things and have numbers on them.

Lol, get a job man. This car doesn't have torsion bars. Its AWD for a start, and it has a multi-link rear. You'd have to do something epicly stupid to get it to come around on you (like going from WOT to full lift in a tight turn). There is a reason porsches are the most successful road race cars in the world, and its not because they handle poorly.

Enjoy your fairmont chassis or your 4000lb brick.

I thought you were getting a viper?!.....

Either way, congrats and I hope it serves you well. It looks very nice!
Yeah, I looked hard at vipers. But they seemed like a wilder version of a mustang. Cheap cramped interior, huge, hard to place neatly in turns, etc. I think I like the C6 Z06 better than the viper.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Turbobrick

Outside Agitator
Established Member

And before anyone says, "yeah well if you put $5k in chassis and $1500 in brakes and $2k in wheels and tires in a mustang you can pass Vettes." I've destroyed track prepped vehicles with a stock 1982 911SC, the trick is momentum and Porsches will maintain more than just about anything on a track.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
As mentioned, the interior is from the 1960s, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Want to know why? 5 gauges in perfect view, huge upright windshield, nothing to distract you. Oh, and the gauges actually tell you things and have numbers on them.

Lol, get a job man. This car doesn't have torsion bars. Its AWD for a start, and it has a multi-link rear. You'd have to do something epicly stupid to get it to come around on you (like going from WOT to full lift in a tight turn). There is a reason porsches are the most successful road race cars in the world, and its not because they handle poorly.

Yeah, I looked hard at vipers. But they seemed like a wilder version of a mustang. Cheap cramped interior, huge, hard to place neatly in turns, etc. I think I like the C6 Z06 better than the viper.

Thanks.

I love my Fairmont chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread