"The Car Show" on Speed TV (poll inside)

How do you feel about "The Car Show"

• It sucks and will be cancelled

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • It sucks now, but will get better

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • I like it, and watch because it's about cars

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • I love it!

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JStyles

Established Member
Is it just me, or does this show really suck. Adam Corrola's corny jokes never end and even the crowd doesn't laugh at them.

Matt Farrah and the WSJ guy are cool and you can tell they know/love cars, but John and Adam suck IMO. Now, I just read the info to see if they drive any cars I want to see and watch that 10 minutes then turn it off.

I'll stick with British Top Gear. I've even grown to really like the American Top Gear, but "The Car Show" needs a TON of work...

What do you guys think of the show?

TVLA147

Established Member
This show sucks. Any real car realizes that. They like hybrids... One of them is a journalist for the Wall Street Journal... What did you expect? It sucks, but i doubt it will get canceled because Speed Channel is full of crappy shows now.

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Watched the show twice and got tired of the WSJ guy, sorry not interested in hybrids or getting off oil. John shouldn't be on the show either. Matt with a new cast and this show could have potential.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Yeah, the show sucks largely b/c Carolla THINKS he's much funnier than he actually is. You'll notice that none of his tv stuff has really been all that successfully b/c for some reason Carolla hasn't figured out that belching, farting and crotch jokes don't pass for actual analysis and it gets old after 10 mins when it becomes obvious he doesn't have anything insightful to say ( I still say the best thing he ever did was the Love Line radio show, it's been down hill since ). The producers try to balance it out w/ the WSJ guy but he's too dry and too far in the other direction.

American tv producers keep trying to reproduce the feel of BBC Top Gear but what they don't seem to get is that show is funny b/c of the British humor element which you can't really reproduce w/ Americans. In my opinion the crew that does the Barrette\Jackson and Meccum Auto auction broadcasts are probably the best at that type of automotive related banter but I'm not sure how well they would even do in a Top Gear style format.

As far as American Top Gear goes, that show is just painful to watch. Tanner Foust is wooden, Rutledge Wood doesn't appear to actually know anything about cars and Adam Ferrara looks like he should be driving a 1975 Eldorado in every episode.

Last edited:

JasonSnake

Established Member
I saw one episode where he had these 3 (fine) girls that never drove a stick shift before drive these expensive super cars across the parking lot with cones...

One of the chics had massive boobies and rockin body.

Blown 89

Established Member
As far as American Top Gear goes, that show is just painful to watch. Tanner Foust is wooden, Rutledge Wood doesn't appear to actually know anything about cars and Adam Ferrara looks like he should be driving a 1975 Eldorado in every episode.
American Top Gear is much better this season IMO. The hosts are starting to gel a little more and they're trying some of the BBC's editing techniques. It still has a long way to go but it's entertaining.

JStyles

Established Member
American Top Gear is much better this season IMO. The hosts are starting to gel a little more and they're trying some of the BBC's editing techniques. It still has a long way to go but it's entertaining.

I agree, I didn't like American TG too much the first season either. It's really pretty good now. Unfortunately, I don't think The Car Show can get any better.

It's a shame too, because I was so excited when they first started advertising this show was coming. :nonono:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
they really need to can john sally. he has no real reason to be there. :bored:

the wsj guy (does he even have a name? does anyone even care?), he's borderline annoying with his high brow attitude

corolla's ok. he does think he's funnier than he is.

matt's cool and actually the best guy on the show. he seems to be the real car guy on a show about car guys. and he owns a Raptor :rockon:

the American TG has definitely gotten better. im sure after a few years it will be much better. just like it took the BBG TG years to get it together.

what TGUSA needs is more awesome footage of sick cars going around the track. that's what really puts TGUK over the top, besides the witty banter between the hosts. more hot car vs hot car testing on the track, like TGUK did with the RS4 vs M3 vs C63 (and others). i think the Car Show has actually done more of this than TGUSA..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I watched the first episode and was very disappointed. Watched a bit of the 3rd and was equally disappointed. The concept was good IMO but the content and most of those involved in mediocre. I won't be watching any more of this one. I predict it will have a short life unless things change dramatically, including the hosts. JMO.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member

I'll have to give it a second chance perhaps. The few shows I watched in the first season were just awful. Every time that Rutledge guy was on the screen I wanted to punch my tv.

JStyles

Established Member
I'll have to give it a second chance perhaps. The few shows I watched in the first season were just awful. Every time that Rutledge guy was on the screen I wanted to punch my tv.

Lmao! I felt the same way after the first few episodes, but I genuinely enjoy it now.

Users who are viewing this thread