The Batman

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Anyone watching it on HBO Max? I'm about 2hrs in on a 3hr movie! It's dark just like the trailer suggested but I think it is good so far! Pattinson is different as Bruce Wayne but it works with the storyline. He's supposed to be new and having been Batman for about 2 years according to the story. As dreary and dark as it is they manage to balance it and make it make sense to fit the story. I would say they also make Batman as a character and his gadgets make more sense. Like for example, he can't just fly or glide but uses a wing suit. There's a logical explanation for his abilities. If you have HBO I would say it is worth the watch but it is long and there is a lot to follow.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
its the most comic accurate portrayal of batman yet. aside from the shitty catwoman and gordon casting its dope.

Agreed. They aren't terrible to the point it ruins the movie but they do come off as weak points in comparison.

I had to stop at the 2hr mark again cause I'm in the process of moving, but I agree with your post.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Colin nailed the penguin. Wish the riddler was portrayed more so as original vs looking like a Chernobyl chemical worker. But I can’t believe I am saying it but most realistic Batman.

The adrenaline syringe was a mind- tease…. Is that the Bane compound?

Haven't gotten to the adrenaline syringe yet so I'm excited to see what that is. Gonna try and finish it tonight. Probably should have watched the whole thing before making a thread but I saw enough to think it was thread worthy lol.

Also, without knowing beforehand, you would have no idea that Colin Ferrel is the Panguin! They did an excellent job on his costume and make-up! Even knowing it was him it was hard to tell. You're more likely to believe it is De Niro playing the character.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Just finished it. I think it was great and the best part is that you never know exactly how it's gonna go. Obviously Batman always prevails but it's definitely a more realistic take based on modern society.

My biggest question is though... the Joker at the end... was that not Michael Pena's voice? Definitely had the cartoon Joker look from what they showed but the voice was Pena all the way!

Edit: never mind, I wasn't even close. This guy has potential though!

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Just finished it. I think it was great and the best part is that you never know exactly how it's gonna go. Obviously Batman always prevails but it's definitely a more realistic take based on modern society.

My biggest question is though... the Joker at the end... was that not Michael Pena's voice? Definitely had the cartoon Joker look from what they showed but the voice was Pena all the way!

Edit: never mind, I wasn't even close. This guy has potential though!

If you go into the extras there is a pretty good length deleted 1 on 1 jail house interview with the batman and joker.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I started to watch it 2 nights ago, got an hour in and just lost interest and it didn't keep my attention at all.

How many times and different ways can you try and tell the same story from different angles and view points.

We need new, original material.

Hollywood is so lame that now they have to insert different universes to keep trying to tell the same ass movies.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I was pleased with it. Saw in theater and now we are set to watch at home pretty soon. Looking forward to that so we can pause and rewind if needed, and I'm sure we will pick up on some things we missed in our original viewing.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Came in hoping that you were showing off a new watch. :(

shopping

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
If you go into the extras there is a pretty good length deleted 1 on 1 jail house interview with the batman and joker.

That scene is posted in the link I have above. I didn't see that when I was watching the movie though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Next thing we know, they will be making backstory movies of all the villains.
Don't give them any ideas!!!

I plan to watch The Batman tomorrow night, on HBO-Max. I've been waiting for it, and hope it ends up being a decent movie.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Wife and I plan to watch it this weekend. We waited til it came out on HBO so we can pause, eat, drink beer, mess around, and start back up again whenever we want :)

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Turned it back on today, 30 mins and just had to stop and be done. The whole emo vibe kills it for me.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Emo vibe? As in Bruce Wayne looking emo?

He is a pale dude that rarely goes out in the light of day. He is a traumatized recluse that lets his rage come out as the Batman. He is billionaire kid that witnessed his parents murder at a very young age….his social skills are kind of off sometimes. The smudged black eye makeup is very realistic. He puts it on, then gets sweaty and rained on..plus the mask…hence always smudged.

The film is meant to be gritty and somewhat realistic version of Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Is that what you mean by emo?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Wish the riddler was portrayed more so as original vs looking like a Chernobyl chemical worker.

The adrenaline syringe was a mind- tease…. Is that the Bane compound?

Watch or read Hush. The Riddler in this movie is modeled after Hush.

It's supposed to be. Matt Reeves said he made the movie understanding that most viewers have seen every movie and TV and comic version of Batman, so if something is thrown in that could be construed as an easter egg, it probably is. He doesn't feel he needs to explain stuff like that to the audience, they'll most likely get it.

Users who are viewing this thread