The Anatomy of a Ported Short Runner Intake

Nazman

Established Member
What is up folks!

As always Nazty Performance is looking for a way to improve our ways and we have done so with our new style, completely modular Ported Short Runner intake.

Now, don’t be scared. This is not your run of the mill ported short runner with massive loss of power/torque down low and mid range and only to have a very narrow, and peaky power band.

The way we have designed our ported short runner is to allow to change the runner configuration even after the intake has been machined! We can tailor runner length, and plenum volume specific for YOUR application. That means, we take into consideration cam selection and timing, cubic inches, cylinder head work as well as header tubing and collector size! So, this intake will be a fully customized unit to fit your application.

Now, this intake will be very, very helpful for NA, Supercharged or Turbo applications! This intake will provide the user another option to very nice pieces of equipment like the Sullivan, but without the low/mid range power losses associated with them while maintaining a stock like drivability, tenability and TB location…..and did I mention….it looks like a stocker for that extra sleeper mode!!!

This ported short runner will show little to no losses down low and mid range and bring home huge gains by 6800RPMs over a stock or stock ported intake on very mild (bolt-on) NA applications and will pick up huge gains on boosted application or H/C combinations on NA applications!!

This intake will continue to effectively extend your power band by a good 1000-1500 RPMs depending on cam selection and application, again, with very little to no losses down low or mid range! Allowing for brutal throttle response and will aid with faster turbo spooling!!

Also, another very important thing is that you will NOT need an aftermarket hood to make it fit! So, your stock hood will be more than enough! If we need to add plenum volume, we don’t go up into the hood…we go down into the “lifter valley”! lol!

We at Nazty Performance start with a stock basic “C-Head” Core. We cut the stock lower plenum off, and we begin our machining process. We utilize a CNC 3 axis Mill and CAD program for the machining. So, our cuts are very accurate and repetive!

After that has been calculated and the runners have been pressed. We proceed and fully port the upper intake plenum six feeder ports, and we fully reshape them, then the runners injector bosses and runner is fully ported and reshaped and the velocity stacks are attached and epoxied into place.

Then we utilize our dies and cut off a piece of sheet metal aluminum and “end caps” specially molded to clear the runners and to an specific lower plenum volume.

Then, they are hand fitted and TIG welded!

After the TIG weld process the intake is hot tanked two times, and high pressure air “blown” (lol), from there we coat with 1000F ceramic and you get what we call…..a “Nazty Ported Short Runner” intake!

All Nazty Performance Ported Short Runners are serial numbered and documented for our custumers!

So, there you have it!

Just another option for your Naturally Aspirated, Supercharged or Turbo combination that utilizes the stock TB position and will not require an aftermarket hood or aftermarket fuel rails!

Estimated time to fabricate a custom Nazty Performance Ported Short Runner is ~three (3) weeks.

If you guys have any questions please don’t hesitate and post or email me at for more specific details at:

[email protected]

Naz

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Thats awesome. Really shows you do more than chop the runners and call it a day!

Can't wait get my PSR & H/C Setup!

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Look good man! How are you changing the volume of the lower half? Is this something that is adjustable or you come up with the volue needed the go from there?

And I want my serial number it be 001:beer:

mrmustangman357

Established Member
how is your radius calculated, is it just for lowest K value secondary loss? it looks way better than the stocker, performance wise

Nazman

Established Member
How are you changing the volume of the lower half? Is this something that is adjustable or you come up with the volue needed the go from there?

:beer:

Cant spill all the beans....you know! Its very easy!!!!

The one on that pic the plenum volume is right at 280CIs.

We utilize the SN to track: Runner Lenght, Plenum Volume and owner (since I had several intakes claimed to be done by me when they are not.....since my users know that I mark my ported intakes!).

Naz

Last edited:

Nazman

Established Member
Thats awesome. Really shows you do more than chop the runners and call it a day!

Can't wait get my PSR & H/C Setup!

Lots more than that! Lots more! Let me know when you are ready and we will take care of you!

how is your radius calculated, is it just for lowest K value secondary loss? it looks way better than the stocker, performance wise

We run a simulation software, based on combination: CIs, CR, Head Intake Runner Volume, Header Diameter, Cam timing, and about 10 other parameters to come to it.

looks like some good quality work

It sure its! No BS going on. What you see...is what you get!

Looks good :rockon: Can't wait to experience one first hand.

Let me know when ready!

Naz

TxSVTCobra

Established Member
Nazman's Work

Your work is amazing :beer:

I highly recommend Nazman for any type of porting or any of his services, the complete port and head work on my heads was awesome. Also got the lower intake ported as well, did not get a chance to see the finished piece, but my engine builder was amazed on the work done to the intake. Can't wait to get my car done and see what kind of hp/tq #'s it puts down with the heads & intake done by Naz.

C.G.

Users who are viewing this thread