Thanks to Van @ Revan for some excellent driving!

thgt500

Established Member
I want to say thanks again to Mr. Van Collier for the 195.9 pass in my car at the March Texas Mile. This was accomplished on a factory stock long block and internals with NO NITROUS! The whipple 2.9 was screaming like a banshee and Van did a hell of a job driving. And, of course the Lund tune was spot on and he even sent me a Texas Mile specific file.

Below are the 3 passes we made in the car. The first 2 are licensing passes that were made by myself, with the third being with Van in the seat. I had to make a run between 140 and 160...then a run between 160 and 180 to be good to go 200mph. We were going to make the NOS pass on Sunday but I figured that with the 195 under our belt we didn't need to push it. This was also right after the KP Camaro wreck which kinda spooked me a little bit.

We will be back out in October, only this time with a built motor and bigger blower to see what we can do. Once again, Van you are da man bud! Thanks for all your help and guidance and I am really looking forward to October! :beer:

30izy54.jpg

igf2nc.jpg

1zdvipf.jpg

Crappy cell phone vid:
[youtube_browser]cOxs0eXFEP8[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks for letting me get behind the wheel TH-- We'll be over 200 in October without Nitrous. There's something cool about doing it without nitrous and doing it with when you want to so you can see the difference.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Very nice runs. I want to do the Texa mile one day......

thgt500

Established Member
Very nice runs. I want to do the Texa mile one day......
Get on down here in October. Its a big old gathering of go fast nuts and I promise you'll have a blast. One of the things I liked the most was the willingness by all to help other people out. EVEN COMPETITORS. The mustang that was going after Vans record visited our pit several times. I loaned them a blower belt and pulley along with some nitrous pills even though they were knocking on the door of Van's record. Hell I think I heard them ask Van to drive their car @ one point.

Very nice run!
Yep. We could have gone much faster blower alone on Sunday. Those runs were made into a headwind/crosswind. Damn Sunday had like a 20mph tail wind. We saw a bunch of 200mph+ runs on Sunday.

Thanks man! Was a blast. You got to get yours to the Mile one day.

thgt500

Established Member
Very impressive. What is your car making for power?

Those passes were made @ 798.10 RWHP. We could have added the 50 shot which netted us 879.99 RWHP on the dyno. E85 loves the juice. My 50 shot was more like 80 on the corn.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Those passes were made @ 798.10 RWHP. We could have added the 50 shot which netted us 879.99 RWHP on the dyno. E85 loves the juice. My 50 shot was more like 80 on the corn.

Wow. I was curious what kind of power it took for a run of 195.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Congrats on the great runs at the mile! I love to hear all the good times that go on at the Mile. I plan on making it out to Texas and seeing the runs in person.

Too bad the owner of the Orange SS convertible retired the car because like Van said it's nice to see before and after with the nitrous. I wonder how fast that car would have gone with some spray. Congrats again!

thgt500

Established Member
220.8 MPH and still the Standing Mile Champ! ALL MOTOR AND BLOWER NO SPRAY!
:rockon:
Congrats on the great runs at the mile! I love to hear all the good times that go on at the Mile. I plan on making it out to Texas and seeing the runs in person.!
You should! Really a awesome time.
I wonder how fast that car would have gone with some spray. Congrats again!
I believe with the conditions we were seeing, And Van in the car, We could have got really close to my 200mph goal on blower alone. Adding the spray I believe we would have been over 200.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmm.....one of these days I gotta get down there too. Anyone wanna drive a vert as fast as they can??
I believe your vert is going to have to have a cage. For cars running under 199 mph -

ROLL BAR/CAGE:
A competition approved Roll Bar for an open vehicle (convertible) is mandatory unless your vehicle is equipped with a factory rollover protection system (please contact the Texas Mile Tech Staff regarding approval for convertibles). Convertibles must run with the top in the up position. For other street cars, a 4-point Roll Bar or a 6-point cage is recommended but not required.

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I believe your vert is going to have to have a cage. For cars running under 199 mph -

ROLL BAR/CAGE:
A competition approved Roll Bar for an open vehicle (convertible) is mandatory unless your vehicle is equipped with a factory rollover protection system (please contact the Texas Mile Tech Staff regarding approval for convertibles). Convertibles must run with the top in the up position. For other street cars, a 4-point Roll Bar or a 6-point cage is recommended but not required.

Yeah I kind of figured that would be the case.....unlikely I'd install a cage in it..any time soon if ever. But that makes sense because any issue at high speed in a vert....and it's going to be all over for sure.

At 120 with the top down....it's an eye opening experience. I've not pushed it past that mark yet...

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
220.8 MPH in a Vert (with a removable hardtop)

That's right! You know I kept seeing that and saying wait...it's not a vert...then I looked closer and saw the top and could figure out it was a removable hardtop......it sure kept throwing for a loop though until I was smart enough to look closer! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread