texting while driving

3Mach1

Established Member
It wasn't until I started riding a motorcycle that I realized how unsafe twd and other distractions really were, and how much I cared. Nothing will piss you off more than some teenager almost killing you because they want to "lol" at a message. It's ridiculous how little attention people actually pay driving. you're operating something can cause instant death, take it more seriously.

+ one million. My senses on a motorcycle are focused in on what is going on around me like a laser beam. I cant begin to tell you the stupidity I have seen and 95 percent of it revolves around cell phone use.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
How about if she hit someone else and killed them? You know... a family with young kids...a motorcyclist...police officer on the side of the road.

Tapping...Not Driving.

How about she hits a bus full of nuns? What's with this crappy guilt trip

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
Way too many people hurt/killed caused because of this...and beautiful cars getting destroyed too!!!

Please take this pledge..all you have to do is click the box and submit...that's all!!!

The more pledges we get, the more awareness there will be!!!

Texting & Driving - It Can Wait

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Way too many people hurt/killed caused because of this...and beautiful cars getting destroyed too!!!

Please take this pledge..all you have to do is click the box and submit...that's all!!!

The more pledges we get, the more awareness there will be!!!

Texting & Driving - It Can Wait

What is it? I can't load it on my phone. This road never has great service.

Sent using TapaTalk 2

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
lol..too funny

It's the texting and driving pledge..it just states you pledge not to text and drive.

No names necessary..you just need to click the box and submit..

My company started this and it has gained great momentum and has brought some big awareness and hopefully has saved some lives!!

Thank you

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I admit i was guilty as hell of that when i had my blackberry bold. I could type and send full messages one handed without even looking at my phone. But once i got my androids it became worse than drunk driving. Its impossible to text on a touch screen without looking, and when i tried to text and drive it showed me just how dangerous it could be. It was nice being able to safely text n drive though, i do miss my bb.

As far as other ppl texting and driving, i really dont care. What i care about is your failure to notice the lights green, take advantage of an opening at a turn, swerving etc. If you're driving fine then whatever. I've seen women do crazy things like eye make-up and book reading on the highway. A ****ing book on the steering wheel. Are you out of your mind.

I can text mostly coherent messages on my SGS3 without looking.

Mostly

Sometimes swiftkey will put in a word where it was two misspelled ones and its pretty comical sometimes.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
if you cant text and drive, you shouldnt be driving to begin with. if youre missing whats going on around you from a glance at a phone, radio, mp3 player, food, drink, child, pet, etc. then you dont need to be driving.

distractions happen whether they are on purpose or accident. you either need to be able to drive with them or dont drive.

theres drivers i see all the time staring directly at the road in front of them and barely keep from accidents at the last second.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
if you cant text and drive, you shouldnt be driving to begin with. if youre missing whats going on around you from a glance at a phone, radio, mp3 player, food, drink, child, pet, etc. then you dont need to be driving.

Are you nutbags ****ing kidding me with this?

Should we say then that "if you can't drink and drive, you shouldn't be driving to begin with?"

Texting and driving isn't "just a distraction" like some of your other examples. You can change a radio station without removing your thought from the road, especially if you have steering wheel controls. The rest of your examples doesn't mitigate TWD in any way, since YOU SHOULDN'T BE PERFORMING THESE ACTS WHILE DRIVING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Texting and driving is the worst of these acts, because you are purposefully impairing yourself because even if you're not looking at your phone while you're sending something, you DO have to dedicate a large part of your concentration into translating your thoughts into action via texting.

Texting is the most alarming distraction because it involves manual, visual, and cognitive distraction simultaneously. Sending or reading a text takes your eyes off the road for 4.6 seconds. At 55 mph, that's like driving the length of an entire football field, blindfolded. It's extraordinarily dangerous.

It's not "the people who can't text and drive" who shouldn't be driving. It's shitbags like you and thomas who think it's perfectly ****ing okay because both of you have an overbloated sense of your abilities who shouldn't be driving.

EDIT: Do yourselves a favor and watch the episodes of Mythbusters where they prove that TALKING on the phone while driving impairs you MORE than driving while intoxicated. Here's the conclusion part of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t8LuM92Twm8#t=202s —You can view all the parts of this test on YouTube as well.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
police-car-uses-radio-radar-dash-cam-laptop-meme.jpg

3qf85d.jpg

Cop-Thinks-Hes-Above-The-Law-Of-Texting-And-Driving.jpg

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
How about she hits a bus full of nuns? What's with this crappy guilt trip

She would die hitting a bus...and burn in Hell for trying to kill a bus full of nuns. Of course...I completely see your point about a driver causing an accident that hurt or killed someone because they were texting at the time should not really be guilty of anything.

Tapping...Not Driving.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread