texting while driving

tistan

Established Member
My friend and I were driving down the road a little while ago, and this car in front of us was poking ass. He gets in the other lane and goes to pass her. As we are passing her I notice she is texting, then I notice she has a phone in each hand. So I was like slow down you got to see this bull shit. We slow down and get beside her. About the time we get beside her so my friend can see, the traffic in her lane comes to almost a stop. By the time she looks up from both her phones to see traffic has stopped it was almost too late. She locked her breaks down and just missed the car in front of her. People wonder why I think getting your license should be much more difficult than it is, and that texting and driving should carry the same penalties as a dui.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i only respond to people if its an EMERGENCY otherwise i wait till i arrive at my destination, i hate being distracted

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Driving without texting is probably challenging enough for her.

Im ready to just get rid of driving. If its not texting its something else. Humans suck @ driving. I welcome Google to rid the world of every human related driving issue out there, from texting to failing to yield to pokey asses driving on the freeway at 55 to people who cant accelerate on an onramp to dui to insane traffic congestion.

Whatever, I am heading to lunch right now. You just don't know how to multit

lolz

Inb4thomas

extra lulz.

tistan

Established Member

Im ready to just get rid of driving. If its not texting its something else. Humans suck @ driving. I welcome Google to rid the world of every human related driving issue out there, from texting to failing to yield to pokey asses driving on the freeway at 55 to people who cant accelerate on an onramp to dui to insane traffic congestion.

That would be one solution that I could live with. The older I get the more I hate having to drive. It would be nice to just get in the car and tell it where I want to go, then slide back in my massage seat and chill out with a beer for the 30 minute drive it's going to take to travel 10 miles.

Blackness03

Established Member
A friend of mine was almost killed from a texting driver. The texter looked up and slammed into the back of a stopped truck at 60mph.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That would be one solution that I could live with. The older I get the more I hate having to drive. It would be nice to just get in the car and tell it where I want to go, then slide back in my massage seat and chill out with a beer for the 30 minute drive it's going to take to travel 10 miles.

If all freeway driving is automated, computers can put cars closer together and have them moving faster without any congestion than humans ever could. We need our space in front and behind us, but if all the cars are all networked together to where they all have a sense of "where-with-all" based on destination, they would be able to move along the roadway far more efficiently. No longer would a 10mi drive take you 30 minutes. Vehicle mileage would increase with the deletion of stop and go traffic. Hell you could get rid of traffic signals and stop signs.

Its the transition between human driving and automated vehicles that will be the hardest part of the process. I know a lot of people like driving, and I do too. But you know what I like more? Getting somewhere in time. The extra 30 minutes I spend in the car because the connector between two freeways was only built to withstand population growth in the 60s-70s and will not be changed/bettered until it collapses in a big earthquake makes me go "**** driving".

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

lolz

extra lulz.

That will work.....until Mr. Google starts texting himself and loses all sense of direction/location/speed. :lol1: :lol1:

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Very dangerous started using voice note (blackberry) basically same as voxer were u send voice notes back and forth instead of texting if i'm driving don't have to look press one button talk press again and sent. There is a 200 dollar fine here now i believe for using a handheld device while driving not sure if its 2 points or not I think it should be.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
it is dangerous for sure, I was doing it a little and realized how dumb it is, so unless I am at a stoplight I wont touch my phone.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I see a scam in the making here. Buy an old big ass beater
(Crown Vic ish) Find someone in a Lexus/Benz/Jag txting
Pull in front. Slam on brakes.
Call lawyer

Users who are viewing this thread