Tesla Plaid goes 216mph unrestricted

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Brakes are just fine. Car is ****ing heavy and does 150 in the 1/4 mile. Lol.

The brakes look nice and work decent in town but they are way undersized on the caliper or just a really crappy pad. I am not sure if any aftermarket pads are available yet. I rarely if ever use the brakes in town because the regenerative braking is on. They don’t like to slow down from 165, especially when new

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I agree completely. Probably the most emotionless car I have ever driven but also probably the fastest in a straight line too.
Uncle Chet had some emotions. It looked like he was having a blast until his brakes went.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Still have my gtr and rs7 for the emotional component of driving. Traded My rs3 for about the same money i bought it for, 3 years later.

For raw speed, nothing currently compares to the plaid. No matter what you think it will feel like, it’s more. Merging on a sharp curved freeway ramp at 45mph, with a random mustang on my ass. Hit the go pedal once it straightened out, and was going 100mph less than 3 seconds later. Like the car hit a warp zone, mustang no where in site. Plenty to hate about the car. Plenty to love.

dan1982

Established Member
Still have my gtr and rs7 for the emotional component of driving. Traded My rs3 for about the same money i bought it for, 3 years later.

For raw speed, nothing currently compares to the plaid. No matter what you think it will feel like, it’s more. Merging on a sharp curved freeway ramp at 45mph, with a random mustang on my ass. Hit the go pedal once it straightened out, and was going 100mph less than 3 seconds later. Like the car hit a warp zone, mustang no where in site. Plenty to hate about the car. Plenty to love.
i got a lil 4 cylinder that i would put against a plaid for some money........I might even give ya the boot.... for a small fee. lets call it tuition.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i got a lil 4 cylinder that i would put against a plaid for some money........I might even give ya the boot.... for a small fee. lets call it tuition.
Motorcycle, I assume. I don’t race for money—I spent it all on the car. No care here. This is my daily. Everyone has a race car/bike/friends car/etc that can beat a plaid.

I’ve endured years of hatred for owning a gtr, but the hatred for this car is next level.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Motorcycle, I assume. I don’t race for money—I spent it all on the car. No care here. This is my daily. Everyone has a race car/bike/friends car/etc that can beat a plaid.

I’ve endured years of hatred for owning a gtr, but the hatred for this car is next level.

Hate isn't deserved. That said it weighs 200lb more than my crew cab, 1300+lb more than my Mustang. You can bend the laws of physics but not break them, damn she is a heavy beast. I could see slowing it down being tricky.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

This is true, the plaid right now is the king taking down highly modified cars in stock form.

@gofast15 has a Plaid, get it on video. I think he has a 720s too.

dan1982

Established Member

thats what its like when you are at the top... everyone wants a title shot. hahahahaha.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I agree, the hate is beyond next level but I have also found that these same haters avoid my plaid like the plague when confronted at stop lights etc...lol.

Car people know this car whether they like it or not and they also know that a massive can of whoop ass awaits them if they try ANYTHING.

It's a great great great daily driver that does everything well...quiet, comfortable, heated/cooled seats, self driving, glass roof etc etc etc. The only car I would possibly trade for it would be an AMG GT63 S. And I would trade for that knowing the Merc will feel SLOW compared to it. lol

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
It’s not just the Plaid, it’s all electric cars regardless of how quick they are IMO. Yeah they accelerate quick, but they’re not fun to drive. Kinda like masturbation without the payoff.

kaz109

Established Member
Talk about little dick energy lol….. why even bring a bike into a convo about racing cars.

helloWorld

Established Member
Local guy here in Omaha, loaded with cash. He has a highly modified RS3 that he put up against a Plaid from a unprepped street dig and then a roll. I also realize not everyone has a car like this RS3.

You might have to click on the Facebook logo to get to the actual videos.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

The mustang is still the winner.

kaz109

Established Member
EVs have the littlest dick energy of all
Lol…. Nah man it still has 4 wheels so it’s inthe same category, bringing a bike into a car race discussion is the ultimate small peen move.

This same thing happen with DCTs first hit the scene ….. especially with a GTR

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Local guy here in Omaha, loaded with cash. He has a highly modified RS3 that he put up against a Plaid from a unprepped street dig and then a roll. I also realize not everyone has a car like this RS3.

You might have to click on the Facebook logo to get to the actual videos.

What was the outcome? Link is dead.

Edit: I assume this is the race? SDR Performance is close to Omaha:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread