Terminator HID install "how to"

20psirabbit

Established Member
IMG_2352.jpg

here you can see the relay controller

IMG_2353.jpg

the little sliver of silver you can see down there is the ballast between the battery and fender.

IMG_2354.jpg

you can see the wiring loom sneaking under the battery tray

IMG_2355.jpg

here you can see the wiring loom going under the shroud above the radiator over to the passenger side.

IMG_2357.jpg

you can see a bit of wiring, but the ballast is there under the filter.

sorry for the huge pics, i was in a rush :)

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
awesome ,thanks a alot, i started to wire it, then ended up going out, i will finish it tomorrow, thank you for the pics! this forum has helped me out a ton, thanks again!

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
and to make things worse, i store my car for the winter, and start it every week, its in my heated garage that is kept at 50 degrees, well......today as i go to take a picture of the headlights before and after......i find myself needing to buy a new battery since mine in completely dead and the indicator on the battery itself is red.......yet it started fine a few days ago, and nothing was left on........strange..

HID_Guy

Established Member
well did you buy the single beam kit or the dual beam kit? depending on which one you got, that will change how you're lights will get wired.
on a side not for anyone thinking about buying one of these kits, between myself and a couple friends we bought 8 kits from hidguy (oscar) and have been nothing but happy with them :rockon: he makes himself available for support, is very helpful, and if you have a problem he gets it taken care of very quickly. as far as the lights in my car, they've worked great and i've gotten a lot of compliments on them.

Thanx for the words of support, we do our best here to help out with any issues if any.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
X2 with the above post...I have a few buddies that have ordered from him and have had 0 problems....

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Can someone explain to me how much more complicated it is to wire the bi-zenons as compared to the standard ones? Still plug and play?

HID_Guy

Established Member
Can someone explain to me how much more complicated it is to wire the bi-zenons as compared to the standard ones? Still plug and play?

Bi-xenon HID kits should be basically as easy to wire in as the single beam, really depends on who you buy them from, but all our HID kits are completly plug-and-play, both in single beam and bi-xenon.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Just ordered the Bi-xenon setup. Should arrive on Tuesday and be installed that day, depending on what time i get off work. Pics ASAP.

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Received and installed HID's (Bi-Xenon 6000K) today. Too tired to take pics, plus they need to be aimed... I don't know if im just an idiot or what, but the high and low beams are switched, checking over my wiring tomorrow. Other than that, install was pretty smooth and lights are wicked bright. Helps me see through the 30% on my windshield (shhhh ;-) ). Should have pics up tomorrow after i change the oil.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Received and installed HID's (Bi-Xenon 6000K) today. Too tired to take pics, plus they need to be aimed... I don't know if im just an idiot or what, but the high and low beams are switched, checking over my wiring tomorrow. Other than that, install was pretty smooth and lights are wicked bright. Helps me see through the 30% on my windshield (shhhh ;-) ). Should have pics up tomorrow after i change the oil.

Mine are the same way...when I hit the highs/brights they go straight to the ground...I called oscar at hidguy.net...and he said the bulbs are more likely than not upside down, lol...let me kow if you get it worked out because as of right now, I don't need my highs because they are so bright...

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Mine are the same way...when I hit the highs/brights they go straight to the ground...I called oscar at hidguy.net...and he said the bulbs are more likely than not upside down, lol...let me kow if you get it worked out because as of right now, I don't need my highs because they are so bright...

Just talked to Oscar, and he said that Ford had issues with that particular harness in the Cobra (the OEM one) and that alot of the vehicles' hi/lo beam wires were switched to correct some sort of issue. I'm not exactly sure how this all works, but i just popped the two outside wires out of the OEM headlight harness and switched them, and everything works fine. I can see were my harness had been modified as some point, with electrical tape...

If you are facing this issue, you can A) use a 1/16th drill bit to pop out the individual outside wires of the harness (there are three total, hi, lo, and ground. The two outside wires are 1:White with green stripe and 2:Black with green stripe and the black ground wire is in the center) after you pull out the red retainer clip from inside the connector, and switch the two wires. Or B) cut the two wires below the harness and switch them. USE CRIMP SLEEVES FOR GODS SAKE!!! sorry, electrical tape is sloppy and doesn't rate to be within a mile of my baby.

Hope this helps!!!:dancenana:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Just talked to Oscar, and he said that Ford had issues with that particular harness in the Cobra (the OEM one) and that alot of the vehicles' hi/lo beam wires were switched to correct some sort of issue. I'm not exactly sure how this all works, but i just popped the two outside wires out of the OEM headlight harness and switched them, and everything works fine. I can see were my harness had been modified as some point, with electrical tape...

If you are facing this issue, you can A) use a 1/16th drill bit to pop out the individual outside wires of the harness (there are three total, hi, lo, and ground. The two outside wires are 1:White with green stripe and 2:Black with green stripe and the black ground wire is in the center) after you pull out the red retainer clip from inside the connector, and switch the two wires. Or B) cut the two wires below the harness and switch them. USE CRIMP SLEEVES FOR GODS SAKE!!! sorry, electrical tape is sloppy and doesn't rate to be within a mile of my baby.

Hope this helps!!!:dancenana:

Sounds neat...pics would be legit, or perhaps a sketch of what to do lol...I'm scared I will start crimping and cuttin' which isn't to smart with head light harnesses...

desert_gypsy

Headbutting the horizon
Established Member
Here's pics of what the 6000K bulbs look like, hi and lo. just got them aimed correctly and they are awesome.:D

100_0155.jpg

100_0157.jpg

100_0158.jpg

100_0159.jpg

100_0161.jpg

100_0164.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread