Terminator HID install "how to"

HID_Guy

Established Member
A while ago I posted in another thread about my ballasts overheating and causing my factory harness to smoke. Have any of you guys checked the temperatures of your ballasts after about 20 minutes of operation at all? Are they nice and cool? And are you guys using a relay harness or drawing off the factory wiring? I really want mine to work but don't want to fry a new expensive harness again.

Frying harnesses comes not from the ballasts being too hot (all ballasts get extremely Hot), but from the bulbs and harnessing provided with your kit being of very crappy quality.

The kits we provide have never given us any of those issues, and we have gone through many many different HID distributors and manufacturers and these kits we have been dealing for over a year are super high quality.

The only reason harnessing directly to your battery would be needed is if you purchase the Hi and Lo HID kits or if your vehilce falls into the line of cars that require Relay Harnessing; other than that our HID kits hook-up to your stock harness no problem and are good to go.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
A while ago I posted in another thread about my ballasts overheating and causing my factory harness to smoke. Have any of you guys checked the temperatures of your ballasts after about 20 minutes of operation at all? Are they nice and cool? And are you guys using a relay harness or drawing off the factory wiring? I really want mine to work but don't want to fry a new expensive harness again.

I have HIDguys' HID's. If you want, you can come take a look at them. Never had an issue. PM me and I can send you my number....

HID_Guy

Established Member
We are having an extra $20 off your order when you purchase 2 kits or more and FREE shipping for the holidays ..... make sure and visit us at http://www.hidguy.net and place your order right now ..... all kits are in stock, and a big thanx to all the SVT owners that have purchased from us in the last few months .....

If you have any questions make sure and e-mail us [email protected] or just give us a call, we are available every day of the week from 8am to 7pm (pacific time).

- HID Guy

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
Just recieved my lights this afternoon from HIDGUY, im going to start working on the install, but my question is where is everyone hiding there wiring? The relay and the wiring that goes from the driver side to the passenger side light? I looked briefly and am uncertain on where to run the wire without getting it hot, or caught in the fan, any help would be helpful, thanks!

HID_Guy

Established Member
Just recieved my lights this afternoon from HIDGUY, im going to start working on the install, but my question is where is everyone hiding there wiring? The relay and the wiring that goes from the driver side to the passenger side light? I looked briefly and am uncertain on where to run the wire without getting it hot, or caught in the fan, any help would be helpful, thanks!

Try running the wiring through the top portion of the header panel, but run it under and behind the radiator cover. That's the only thing about going with the Bi-xenon kits, when it comes to the install, some vehicles do not have very simple places to run the harnessing from one side to the other, but the heat will not affect the harnessing too bad, the wiring is made for High Temperature Operation.

20psirabbit

Established Member

well did you buy the single beam kit or the dual beam kit? depending on which one you got, that will change how you're lights will get wired.
on a side not for anyone thinking about buying one of these kits, between myself and a couple friends we bought 8 kits from hidguy (oscar) and have been nothing but happy with them :rockon: he makes himself available for support, is very helpful, and if you have a problem he gets it taken care of very quickly. as far as the lights in my car, they've worked great and i've gotten a lot of compliments on them.

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
I ended up getting the dual beam kit, it wasnt much more, and ill try to run it as you said, though there isnt much room in between, ill figure it out, thanks!

20psirabbit

Established Member
ok that's what i got. here's what we did- i mounted the relay controller behind the battery. i removed the battery and the tray under it and routed the wiring underneath it. i put the driver's side ballast between the battery and the fender, it's out of sight. the harness to the pass. side i ran across the top of the rad. underneath the plastic cover. the ballast on the pass. side i just mounted under the air filter.
FWIW when you fire up the lights, make sure the high/low is operating correctly. on my kit the high was on with the low and vice versa. if this happens to you, you just the switch the high and low signal wires on the plug that plugs into the headlight plug at the car, it takes like 5 mins.

for the fogs i just mounted the ballast on the backside of the bumper reenforcement, it's flat with plenty of space.

lemme see if i can snap a couple pics for ya :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread