Terminator cobra 800hp goal

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
I'm building a new engine for my terminator and I'm using the stock Eaton m112 blower but my goal is 800hp or somewhere close (at least over 700) I don't know if it's possible to make it to 800hp with the Eaton m112 even if it's ported. If anybody could help me out with figuring out what all mods I'll need (obviously forged internals are a must have so I'm already planning on that I just don't know what compression) this is also my daily so I don't want like 8.5:1 cr with 40lbs of boost or something crazy

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
I know there's a forum for the terminator but it's not accepting new threads so I came here

SLPCobra

Established Member
Only ways I could see possible while keeping the stock ported blower would be with a heavy dose of spray or a compound kit to get close to 800hp, more so likely with the compound kit than spray I believe. Most people seem to go 9.5-1 comp or so and e85 or race gas now with their builds. Maybe someone else can chime in with more answers but I don't see any other way with the m112.

modular89

Established Member
Yeah I dont see those kind of numbers with the stock eaton. I made 830rwhp with twin turbos and 22lbs of boost if that gives you an idea of the kind of boost you will need to run.

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
I'm strongly against nitrous. Compound boost is an option but not my first choice it'd have to be m112 and a procharger because I live in California and smog is a problem. I can hide forged internals and things like that but turbos wouldn't pass. I can cover up extra emissions with an extra cat to pass the sniffer it's just the visual check that'll get me. But at that point it'd cost just as much for the procharger as it would for me to whipple it. Maybe 10.5:1 or 11:1cr with the m112, e85, and water/methanol injection would get me close to my goal?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Whipple is Carb legal.. 10:5 compression on E85.. Whipple 2.9, 25psi and E85 on the stock long block.. Support exhaust, fuel etc.. Smog legal good to go

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
Haha my stock long block won't support more than like 520 at the wheels. It's the aluminum Teksid block with ported 04 cobra heads and cams. I'll probably run big comp cams too but that'll be hard to hide although they can't unbolt anything on my engine so they have no proof and the added air flow at idle from the cams could be played off as being from the up sized blower and I could try to play off the lope as blower surge

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'm strongly against nitrous. Maybe 10.5:1 or 11:1cr with the m112, e85, and water/methanol injection would get me close to my goal?
That combo ^^ will get you to 800RW with a 200 shot of NOS. No need for meth when using E-85 you can run a good amount of timing with that fuel before detonation is an issue.

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
IMG_4787.JPG

Not sure if this pic will show up but that's the Pistons and rods, those little guys won't hold much power

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
That combo ^^ will get you to 800RW with a 200 shot of NOS. No need for meth when using E-85 you can run a good amount of timing with that fuel before detonation is an issue.

You think 11:1 with the ported Eaton and e85 could get me to 700 with no nos? I'm only against nitrous because of the price and the fact that it runs out haha I want all my power all the time. Also with 11:1 and 14 lbs of boost would I be able to daily it on pump gas? E85 isn't very readily available around here there's a station by my house and one by my girls house but other than that there aren't many around the areas I drive and I'm gonna put a 30gal tank but still that won't get me too far. I run e85 in my v6 turbo but I have to switch to pump gas on occasion when there's no station around

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
Also if I'm already buying crank rods and Pistons what if I did a 4.85L stroker? Would I loose rpm with a stroker?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Ported Eaton on E-85 with an aggressive pulley combo has reached 600RW, that's why I said you'd need a 200 shot for 800. You are aware that ported eatons with supporting mods on 93 pump make right at the 500RW range? 800 out of an eaton is a pipe dream..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You didn't specify what car you had.. So I Figured it was a 04 Cobra.. Yea you'll need good rods and pistons.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
800 is not going to happen
Best case scenario your 300 short on Cali pump 91 and 200 short on E85

As recommended, get a 2.9 whipple and spin it hard on that corn brew

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
I'm building a new engine for my terminator and I'm using the stock Eaton m112 blower but my goal is 800hp or somewhere close (at least over 700) I don't know if it's possible to make it to 800hp with the Eaton m112 even if it's ported. If anybody could help me out with figuring out what all mods I'll need (obviously forged internals are a must have so I'm already planning on that I just don't know what compression) this is also my daily so I don't want like 8.5:1 cr with 40lbs of boost or something crazy

What you are asking for is "something crazy." If it was possible to get to 700 - 800hp on a ported Eaton for a DD on pump gas, there would literally be thousands of examples of this combo running the streets.

GodStang

Established Member
There has been rumors of a few ported Eatons on cammed strokers just over 600 but they have been argued if they where inflated happy numbers/dynos. So 800 not a chance on ported Eaton or Even a TVS with out spray You would need E85 and Twin screw 2.8L or bigger to do it. Compound boost is an option but with turbos not a Procharger.

Smokin04

Pump Gas KING!
Established Member
Anything is possible with the right amount of nitrous. How do you think the pro guys run 800 HP mountain motors and compete in the 1500-2500 HP brackets...answer multiple kits worth of spray.

Here's one example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWl0Ff9uXiw

The recipe on an eaton car?
Port/pulley the eaton/plenum/TB. Have a large fuel system. Run a Vampire. Run a 300 shot nitrous on a progressive controller. Tune accordingly. Violla! 800+.

Don't let the nay-sayers tell you it can't be done. Most people are afraid of nitrous because they don't understand it. I ran 275 HP worth of spray (wet and dry shots) on a twin turbo application boosting 18-19 psi ON PUMP GAS and NEVER hurt a thing. It's all in your understanding of engines and tuning my friend. I will say this...I hope you have pretty deep pockets though because HP is never cheap.

EDIT: Most dudes will tell you that the Eaton even ported can't move 800 HP worth of air...and they're correct. BUT!!! The cylinder heads can. All that means is that you must inject the spray AFTER the blower. Of which there are several ways on a Cobra.

Last edited:

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
You didn't specify what car you had.. So I Figured it was a 04 Cobra.. Yea you'll need good rods and pistons.

It's actually a 1999 v6 with an 88mm turbo but I wanted the v8 sound/torque/power (not in that order) so I bought the Teksid aluminum engine as a short block not knowing what I was doing and it turns out it's only a 6 bolt pattern on the crank for the flywheel so I need a new crank (mainly to support the power) and obviously forged pistons and rods because I want it to be reliable. And I also swapped in the 03-04 cobra irs and a tremmec t56 and when I put the 4.6 in I'm putting a tubular k-member and front suspension in. There was an 03 cobra on 1320 video with the stock Teksid block with 1200hp on a compound setup so I know the block itself will be reliable for me I just need the internals to support the power levels I want. There will always be hickups at high hp levels but it's my daily so reliability is my number 2 priority after power. So what I'm getting is that after 600 hp the Eaton kind of just runs out of air? It just can't keep up with how much air the engine needs to get past 600 like having a 35mm turbo on a 460ci engine?

Tyler Quinton

Established Member
Honestly my goal is just to destroy 2016 corvettes so I just thought 800hp sounded like a good number. My car is totally stripped so it's fairly light and I'm making all fiberglass body panels pretty soon so 650-700 hp would probably kill corvettes but it's the procharged corvettes that are gonna kill me so 800 was where I wanted to be. Originally I wanted the ported Eaton with twin 88mm turbos and darton sleeves bored 4mm over and a custom flat plane crank with the stock stroke and ported boss 302 heads with the 5.2 voodoo cams but given that I didn't want to be building this engine for the next 5 years I decided to go a cheaper route. Also that wouldn't pass smog and my goal of 1500hp wasn't realistic for the street so I backed it down to 800

Users who are viewing this thread