teminators and turn downs

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Considering about cutting the pipes and haveing turn downs installed... but leaving the pipes on as dummys. Anybody know how it will sound? I really miss that ground rattling sound my 02 had with em.

Also MAYBE considering going over from the catted X to a offroad H..

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I did turndowns on my 98 Cobra for two weeks and it sucked big time. Huge loss in torque that I could feel and it sounded like ass. There is no way I would put them on my Terminator. I'll leave the turndowns to the 5.0 crowd.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
^ really? I loved the sound of it on my 02 GT. A buddy has a 00 GT set up the same way and i heard it tonight and fell in love again. Im always looking for a certain sound with my cars... it took me 2k to find it on my GT lol ended up being a off road H, VForce mufflers and turn downs. She sounded mean! More like the old 5.0s rumble.. im just not sure how the sound difference would be between the 2v and 4v cars. hmm.. maybe i'll hold on and remove the cats for starters..

OhIIICobra

Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
^ really? I loved the sound of it on my 02 GT. A buddy has a 00 GT set up the same way and i heard it tonight and fell in love again. Im always looking for a certain sound with my cars... it took me 2k to find it on my GT lol ended up being a off road H, VForce mufflers and turn downs. She sounded mean! More like the old 5.0s rumble.. im just not sure how the sound difference would be between the 2v and 4v cars. hmm.. maybe i'll hold on and remove the cats for starters..

It may sound good depending on what mid-pipe and muffler you use. If it is off-road plus turndowns its gonna be LOUD! Like cop magnet LOUD and rattle interior trim LOUD. The fumes and torque loss were the main turnoff for me. IMO 4V sound best with a nice refined catback with pipes out the back. Like you said it took you $2k to find the GT exhaust and I've spent enough to know I hated the 4V turndown combo worse than any other mustang exhaust combo to date and I've had a few on GT's and cobra's.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:

You will see MAJOR DECIBELS right there alone !!

Go one step at a time so you know what each does to the sound factor.

:thumbsup:

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I agree with ohIIIcobra , stay away from the turn downs and off roads. The smell is awful plus your in a vert ....oh no . Catted sounds way better to my ears plus you lose a little low end torque without the cats . I went from cats to hollowed out cats on my 03 Kenne Bell car and it didnt sound nearly as nice. Save your money for something thats gonna make a postive difference.

Ironhand

Banned
O/R H pipe and Stingers. You want loud. I could drown out semis and rattle lights at resturants until they shutoff with that setup. Try it, it is INSANELY loud. But about perfect for me :)

GHIG RTR

Banned
It's gonna be freaking loud, almost deafening. I did it once w/ one of my stangs, and never would do it again.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
LOL guys..... i have done every xhaust mod out there to my 02 gt. I even drove that thing around here for wellll over 2 months with just long tube straigh headers.. sounded kick ass.. but gave you a massive headache lol And yes I do believe I had one of the loudest cars in this tri county area at one time. :p

All my mustangs have had offroad pipes on em. We have no laws here:D

I have bassani cat back and catted X under the car now.. how hard would it be myself to unbolt the cats and put straight pipe in? Got a feeling i will be better to just take it to my muffler guy. Now just to pick up some MILS ... wish i still had a set laying around from my shop time to go dig!

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
Turn downs look, and sound like ass IMO. If you want something that is loud and sounds good... MAC long tubes, ProChamber, and their 3" Flowpath catback is LOUD. It sounds good too.

And I run this same set-up on my vert so I'm speaking from experience :-D

Shannon

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
decided im gonna take a shot at the dumps.. maybe have them done this weekend. whoo whoo!!
Tired of playing follow the leader...

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
it's gonna sound like a farm truck and look dumb too
+1.

She will fit right in though with all the 4X4's that run around this state with exhaust systems that sound like complete ass.

U.M.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
how the hell do you know WHAT its gonna sound like when youve NEVER heard it on one?? Like ive said ive done it on my old GT and it sounded great should sound even better on this one. At least im not playing follow the leader like every other cobra on this site..

And HOW can it look dumb when theyre under the car and cant be seen??? :??:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread