Tell me about Irwindale?

Mach4.6

Established Member
Hi Everyone,
What do you guys think, might go this Thursday and run?
I have a 2011 GT500 with a pulley and tune, running PSS street tires.
Paul

Nefi

Established Member
I'll probably go this week too in my 5.0. I'll most likely bring my friends with their 2013 gt500 and stingray again

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I have gotten there right when the gates open at 4 and gotten as many as 6 runs in and that was even leaving around 7. I think it gets more crowded the later it gets.

I think it is too hot to go out this week for me, but I want to go again soon

Nefi

Established Member
Yeah, it gets busier as time goes by. But the real killer is the nhra cars because they take forever to stage and they go one at a time and they cut everyone. I got about 5 runs in from 5 to 830.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Gates open at 4 and racing starts at 5pm, like everyone said the later you get there the more crowded it's going to be. Either way you'll have fun, I always do :-D

stangfreak03GT

Established Member
If you have never raced Irwindale be prepared to pass tech and have the correct safety gear for the times you are running. The tech guys are cool about it, trying to teach you the rules, but they will flag you if something isn't right. Seems like I learn something new every time I go through tech!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It's a great track but they at times they can be a bit too strict but overall its good. Depends on the days, last time I went with my brother it took about 2 hours to get one run it was on a Saturday morning though.

IMO Famoso is better but still nice at Irwindale.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Last time I went to Irwindale I noticed I'd roll forward when letting off the brakes once I staged. I think it was the left lane only. Drove me nuts. :shrug:

iggster

Established Member
If you have never raced Irwindale be prepared to pass tech and have the correct safety gear for the times you are running. The tech guys are cool about it, trying to teach you the rules, but they will flag you if something isn't right. Seems like I learn something new every time I go through tech!
past two times ive dealt with tech, ive been told two different things by the same idiot tech guy, I didn't care last time I went I was only making 1 pass that night (racing someone)

Last time my cage was not certified but I was missing an sfi balancer, he okayed it to 6.40s second time cage was certified and he okayed it to 7.40s. he said cause the balancer. Sure dick next time I will give him hell and will have the rule book with me. I got everything on my car now to be legal to 8.50s in the 1/4 so whatever that is in the 1/8

Last edited:

32VALVR

Mach On!
Established Member
The prep stinks but, it is a lot of fun if you just want to get out and hammer down. As stated prior, if your'e there at 4PM and ready to race at 5, I've done as many as 12 passes and still leave at 9:30 provided no wrecks or oil downs. The first six passes will pretty much be hot laps though. You didn't state your power but, on street tires you'll probably only need a D.O.T. M2005 or better helmet.

Nefi

Established Member
Just got long tubes, cat deletes, shorty x, boss manifold ;) and a C&L intake. Going to get everything installed and tuned soon and planning on getting a Paxton/vortech in the near future. Roy, I saw your car run and it's fn fast. Have you ever considered getting set of wings so you can just land on the 10 freeway? Haha

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Just got long tubes, cat deletes, shorty x, boss manifold ;) and a C&L intake. Going to get everything installed and tuned soon and planning on getting a Paxton/vortech in the near future. Roy, I saw your car run and it's fn fast. Have you ever considered getting set of wings so you can just land on the 10 freeway? Haha

You were behind me in the staging lanes lol. Got lined up with your bros shelby. He needs tires ASAP lol.

Users who are viewing this thread