Teen dies after car racing crash

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
EXACTLY! That's how I don't understand 1)how you can race during that time of day on that road and 2)how stupid you have to be to try!

I wonder now if the driver of both cars will get charged with manslaughter or whatever applies?

Mo Boost said:
I've driven through through there countless times....have a hard enough time avoiding people driving the speed limit.

Racing up Old Keene Mill Road is as dumb as you get....hell, I could walk to the next stoplight faster than you could race me in a car.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Mo Boost said:
I've driven through through there countless times....have a hard enough time avoiding people driving the speed limit.

Racing up Old Keene Mill Road is as dumb as you get....hell, I could walk to the next stoplight faster than you could race me in a car.

My exact thoughts. Old Keene Mill road is horrible.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
yeah i just heard about that this morning. They shouldnt have been racing, but still sad.

BTW that is a roll bar,doesnt look like a cage, just a roll bar

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
FordMustangLove said:
as a teen a teen i say good rideance..****ers that street race at 2 PM are scum bags in my book ..what if it wasnt a truck and was my mom or someone dear to anyone of us?

death is a sweet jutice on ,shit head teens.

The kid who died was A PASSENGER, DOUCHEBAG. He didn't make the stupid choice to race: his idiot friend did.

PAYATTN

Established Member
Everyone puts down the kid for street racing but everone here supports it? i dont get it? all the time people want more racing vids so why do you put down these kids, they get there ideas from you

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
spyder1337 said:
Being 18 I will say this. There is a time and place for things to take place. This is a case of someone not making the right judgement. Sad how shit goes down, but its life and it will go on. Live and learn
exactly

again, my kids are going to earn their own car - and it's not going to have lots of power

Cobrajunkie

Established Member
The only safe place is at tracks of course....in terms of being more safe....if you're going to race illegally...do it on an interstate. I see vids of cars coming up next to eachother on the highway and race and it doesn't bother me as much as when you see groups of people on what look like deserted streets. I have to disagree about raising the driving age. I think stricter monitoring is a better method. Kids have always dreamed about driving and done stupid things behind the wheel since the beginning of cars themselves. But this is another sad ending that could have been avoided.

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
Yah I noticed the roll bar too, that car must have been modded to have something like that, its a good thing I didnt have anything this powerful a few years ago when I was much stupider, I def. would have killed myself

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
RIP my ass. I hope the son of a bitatch rots in purgertory twisting over and over in his freaking grave. STUPID is as STUPID does. And they wonder why their insurance is so high and they wonder why no one will cut them a brake ... and they wonder why adults lump them all into the same basket.

Kids should have to wait till they are at least 21 to get a damn drivers license ... they have no damn sense before then

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Cobrajunkie said:
The only safe place is at tracks of course....in terms of being more safe....if you're going to race illegally...do it on an interstate. .

oh now here is an intelligent piece of advice .. yesiree .... do it on the highway .... MUCH safer place to be a stupid asswipe.... :bash:

Are you serious about this bull? Please tell me you wrote this in haste .. without thinking it through .... and regretted hitting the send button. Galatically stupid comment comes to mind.

take it on the race track keep it off the streets and highways....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
T-Bolt said:
The kid who died was A PASSENGER, DOUCHEBAG. He didn't make the stupid choice to race: his idiot friend did.

No he didn't make the choice to race but he did make the choice to get into the car. I doubt this was the first time he had been in the car with his friend driving and they wound up racing. I would venture a guess that he prolly was encouraging the driver even.

I have been down that road several times myself it sux ..and anyone racing on it or in a car racing on it is just plain stupid....

I had a friend that was cussed out royally by a cop for being in the car with a guy that was speeding on a crowded road. The cop stopped them gave the driver a huge ticket and then went around and yanked the passenger out of the car and dressed him down for being in the passenger seat.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
trplblacksnake said:
When my kids get cars Ill let them have nice cars and everyone of them will have a custom tuned chip in them with a speed limiter at 70.

I've thought about that myself. It's a good idea...until Junior figures it out.

T-Bolt

Established Member
RDJ said:
No he didn't make the choice to race but he did make the choice to get into the car. I doubt this was the first time he had been in the car with his friend driving and they wound up racing. I would venture a guess that he prolly was encouraging the driver even.

I have been down that road several times myself it sux ..and anyone racing on it or in a car racing on it is just plain stupid....

I had a friend that was cussed out royally by a cop for being in the car with a guy that was speeding on a crowded road. The cop stopped them gave the driver a huge ticket and then went around and yanked the passenger out of the car and dressed him down for being in the passenger seat.

You don't know that at all, therefore you can make no claims. Ultimately, whether or not he was goading the driver on, it was not his final decision. The driver was dumb, and his friend paid for it. It doesn't seem fair to me...

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
On the note of the kid that died, I feel some remorse. I think the kid driving should have been killed for that, because it appears that that road is a horrible road to drive on. I don't feel for kids who commit suicide or do stupid things such as this.

About the license till 18/21 or no performance cars until later thing: I see what you mean about licensing. Sure I have done some stupid things not even related to having a mustang, but thats part of my learning experience. I however, don't go racing down main street with heavy traffic in the middle of the day. So is it fair to ME that I get my license taken away until I'm 21 because other morons my age can't drive for crap? I know I make stupid mistakes, but I try to avoid the really retarded mistakes. I see where your coming from, but it is not fair at all. Think of it this way. Someone in your neighborhood kills someone. Then they are traced back to your neighborhood. Then they kill everyone in the neighborhood (including you and your family) just because that one made a very retarded mistake. Not fair is it? I also agree about the performance car thing at a younger age. I consider myself lucky I still have it, and I have learned alot from it. I have become an extremely cautious driver in the rain, and from sites like this that tell street racing teen deaths, and other things, I have seen what NOT to do (ie racing on main street in the middle of the day) and I have learned from it. But I probably still should have been started on a little pickup or something. Just my .02.

T-Bolt

Established Member
90_red_lx said:
On the note of the kid that died, I feel some remorse. I think the kid driving should have been killed for that, because it appears that that road is a horrible road to drive on. I don't feel for kids who commit suicide or do stupid things such as this.

About the license till 18/21 or no performance cars until later thing: I see what you mean about licensing. Sure I have done some stupid things not even related to having a mustang, but thats part of my learning experience. I however, don't go racing down main street with heavy traffic in the middle of the day. So is it fair to ME that I get my license taken away until I'm 21 because other morons my age can't drive for crap? I know I make stupid mistakes, but I try to avoid the really retarded mistakes. I see where your coming from, but it is not fair at all. Think of it this way. Someone in your neighborhood kills someone. Then they are traced back to your neighborhood. Then they kill everyone in the neighborhood (including you and your family) just because that one made a very retarded mistake. Not fair is it? I also agree about the performance car thing at a younger age. I consider myself lucky I still have it, and I have learned alot from it. I have become an extremely cautious driver in the rain, and from sites like this that tell street racing teen deaths, and other things, I have seen what NOT to do (ie racing on main street in the middle of the day) and I have learned from it. But I probably still should have been started on a little pickup or something. Just my .02.

:beer:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Is someone trying to say that people aren't mature enough until they're 21? 21 year olds are not mature. I should know, I'll be 21 in less than 5 months. Sure, I don't go around street racing all the time, why? Because I've had my car for over 3 years and got all that shit out of my system.

Twenty one year olds getting their liscenses and/or fast cars and finally being able to buy alcohol does not go well together.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
T-Bolt said:
You don't know that at all, therefore you can make no claims. Ultimately, whether or not he was goading the driver on, it was not his final decision. The driver was dumb, and his friend paid for it. It doesn't seem fair to me...

If you read my post I said "I would venture to guess" that mean that it was a guess not a claim.

I will say this .. it was his choice to get in the car, it was his choice to stay in the car. Did he deserve to die? .. NO ... but he has to take his share of the responsibility for being in the car with a glatically stupid driver.

With forums like "Road Kill Drive thru" this board has to take some responsibility as well .... as does every poster that posts to that thread and those that glorify street racing and defend the stupid idiots that participate in it.

Users who are viewing this thread