Teen dies after car racing crash

PONY MAN

Established Member
wals9331 said:
There will always be street racing....there was street racing 30 years ago and there will be street racing 30 years from now....just the way it works :shrug:

*** Wrecks like those are truly sad.
Yes there probably will always be street racing, but for sure the penalty is getting stiffer & stiffer.
I wouldn't want my car claimed because of getting caught street racing.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
KevinB120 said:
Well, when involved in street races, light poles, bridge pillars, and heavy trucks usually win every time.

Now look at how many teens die from alcohol, regular driving accidents not race related, sporting accidents, drugs, self inflicted deaths..suicide. Street racing doesn't even come close. Sad but it's not going to stop what we have been doing since we understood what racing meant.

Last edited by a moderator:

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
At 17 you might as well give them a gun instead of a fast car. I am a firm believer that teenagers should not get thier license until 18 or later...

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Ya saw that last night on the news. It looked like a fairly nice fox body. Nice color. Dumb kid. He was asking to die if you can't pay attention to a massive truck heading your way while racing.

406 'velle

Established Member
thats horrible, but it is always going to be something that happens. the scariest thing to me is this: it is easier now more than ever to go faster in cars. everyone is hell bent on making their cars faster (myself and everyone here included) but the problem arises when you get young kids behind the wheel who can't help themselves and can't control their cars. but like has been said above.....just think of how many kids die involving drugs and alcohol..way way more.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
as a teen a teen i say good rideance..****ers that street race at 2 PM are scum bags in my book ..what if it wasnt a truck and was my mom or someone dear to anyone of us?

death is a sweet jutice on ,shit head teens.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
FordMustangLove said:
as a teen a teen i say good rideance..****ers that street race at 2 PM are scum bags in my book ..what if it wasnt a truck and was my mom or someone dear to anyone of us?

death is a sweet jutice on ,shit head teens.

did the article even say the teen was racing or was he an innocent pedestrian?

regardless, everyone who post their street racing "kills" on this forum should be automatically directed to this article.

edit, I just read the article again, and it says he was a passenger

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Being 18 I will say this. There is a time and place for things to take place. This is a case of someone not making the right judgement. Sad how shit goes down, but its life and it will go on. Live and learn

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
This is exactly why I won't race on the streets. I have 2 tracks within an hour of me, and the fines here are $300 minimum, plus they can take your car if I am not mistaken. Just not worth it. My son will grow up driving fast cars, go-karts, and anything else he wants to race. But when he turns 16 and gets his license, he'll be driving a Geo Metro if they are still around.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The dump truck was pretty 'messed up' for being hit by a car.

I was going to springfield mall yesterday and went through there as they were finishing cleanign it up. I figured someone had gotten killed because they had that whole side of the road blocked off and sent us on a detour.

That's only about 1 minute from my house... I don't understand how you can 'race' at that time of day...on that road.....
KevinB120 said:
Apparently the dump truck won.

PONY MAN

Established Member
406 'velle said:
thats horrible, but it is always going to be something that happens. the scariest thing to me is this: it is easier now more than ever to go faster in cars. everyone is hell bent on making their cars faster (myself and everyone here included) but the problem arises when you get young kids behind the wheel who can't help themselves and can't control their cars. but like has been said above.....just think of how many kids die involving drugs and alcohol..way way more.
*** So true, when you are 17 or younger to have a very fast powerul car is very dangerous IMO.
I grew up as a kid in the muscle car era [ early 70's ] & I had a couple of friends including myself that got into some very bad wrecks.
When you first start out driving, you are not truly aware of the potential harm & danger you put yourself & others in by driving carelessly at a high rate of speed on public highways.
It only takes a second of taking your eyes off the road & the harm is done.
I might street race every now & then,but it gonna be on a safe road & no 2 lanes. [ just too dangerous ]
Be careful out htere guys \ gals. :coolman:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
I've driven through through there countless times....have a hard enough time avoiding people driving the speed limit.

Racing up Old Keene Mill Road is as dumb as you get....hell, I could walk to the next stoplight faster than you could race me in a car.

Users who are viewing this thread