Teal Build Thread

WillyB93

Established Member
No problem, its amazing what a little scrubbing will do to the original carpet. Looks good, been driving it to see if there are nay more bugs to work out?

blownfox

Established Member
I'll pick the car up from the alignment shop tomorrow after work. I haven't driven the car much since I failed my first inspection and now I have to schedule another one. There was only one visible vin on the car, so I have to go through a vin process for the state to pass me. There are no hits on the car but it was a theft recovery car from the state of california in 2000. Since then the car had been tag and titled in california and florida. The inspector told me not to worry because it has a clean Florida title and I have s folder full of receipts.

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
I am so glad I don't have to deal with inspections on cars where I live. Gonna have to get a video of the car running to complete the build thread.

blownfox

Established Member
I picked up my car up from the alignment shop and when I stop to get gas the car would not start. It would turn over but just not fire up, so I ended up replacing the coil because there is no spark coming from the coil. The car still would not start, I had to push start it and drove it home. The car ran fine. Later that evening I try to start the car again but it would only turn over. Any thoughts on why the car turns over and not fires up but runs fine when you push start it. I

Also I live about 2 miles from the gas station hit several stoplights, the car idle fine and drove fine.

The starter solenoid is new but could it be at the ignition switch?

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
Wow very sexi, sorry to hear from your troubles not sure what it could be sounds ignition/spark related upon firing up.

blownfox

Established Member
Wow very sexi, sorry to hear from your troubles not sure what it could be sounds ignition/spark related upon firing up.

Thanks man. My next car will be TR cobra.

The odd thing is when I got home from school it fired right up. So far I can't complain about the problems I've had, after all the car was in pieces when I bought it. I think the control module on the distributor might be going out.

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
Thanks man. My next car will be TR cobra.

The odd thing is when I got home from school it fired right up. So far I can't complain about the problems I've had, after all the car was in pieces when I bought it. I think the control module on the distributor might be going out.

That's where I would be looking ^^^, I see you have a MSD setup also something may be going wrong there, never really messed with one before.

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
That's where I would be looking ^^^, I see you have a MSD setup also something may be going wrong there, never really messed with one before.

Yes, I have heard most guys have stuck with the motorcraft distributor for more reliability. OP I would try to swap one in if you have access. I have a oem with MSD6al on my LX no problems. Worth a shot I think?

bad93svt

Established Member
might have already figure this out..

I bought moser 31sp fox axles
north racecar brackets
stock brakes
had 4 lug rotors redrilled for 5 lug

put on a 15x8" billet specialties wheel w/5.5" bs

on street I ran small spacer w/stock wheels

heres pics

021.jpg

020.jpg

december2010044.jpg

DSCN2540.jpg

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
looks great. How much does that typically run to get it re shot like that?

Thanks. I would guess $3000 - $4000 if the body is in good condition. I spent $3900 on it. Keep in mind with paint you get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread