Teal Build Thread

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Looking good man whenever its done I expect a pm or a txt/call about when its coming over for a detail lol. I miss my teal 93 allt he time kick myself daily for selling it

Joe

blownfox

Established Member
Looking good man whenever its done I expect a pm or a txt/call about when its coming over for a detail lol. I miss my teal 93 allt he time kick myself daily for selling it

Joe

I'll probably send you a PM or something late September. My goal is to have the car up and running by the end of August and then Bobby will fix the paint. After that you will be hearing from me :beer:

There was a lot of work completed this week...
swap the brakes out (03 cobra calipers and rotors with SS lines). For the stock just redrilled the rotors for 5 lugs. All whats left for the brake is the booster and MC.
pulled the engine, transmission, drive shaft, and exhaust for my other car.
Something also came in the mail...
DSC02488.jpg

blownfox

Established Member
Yes. North Racecars makes a bracket.

Sent from me

Then I would need to change the calipers, rotors and some other little items, right? I know North race car makes a complete rear kits for the 93 cobra's, but at this point I am not sure I want to keep the black FR500's. I'm thinking about ordering some chrome 18" Saleens and running a 285 40 18 tire for the rear, which would work with the longer axles. I can do either one pretty easily because there is no fluid in the rear end. I just need to make up my mind:bash:

blownfox

Established Member
There is not much of an update. School had been keeping me busy with a final paper and final exam. The new rocker arms have been installed and replaced the water pump gasket. Engine should go in this weekend.

blownfox

Established Member
here is the latest update.

Replaced water pump gasket
replaced rocker arms
installed engine
installed harness
installed fuel tank (Glenn's sleeper tank, new tank cover and SS straps).

The list...run fuel line, install filter, pump, reg, rails, and misc. engine items.

DSC02492.jpg

DSC02491.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02494.jpg

blownfox

Established Member
Fuel system, brakes and drive train is installed. The car fired up for this first time today! Will past pics later today or tomorrow. The only thing left to install is the cluster then off to the paint shop. I would like to give a special thanks to Johnb for all the work and effort he put into the car.

blownfox

Established Member
Are you still on the east or did you move? Could you pm me you number...the interior needs your help!

blownfox

Established Member
I've already changed the wheels to chrome saleen wheels(18x9 and 18x10). Once I firgure out why the car dies when I let out the clutch, then I will work on some sound clips up. And it is not me killing the car, the car will do it in neutral.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member

blownfox

Established Member
WillyB93 it appears you were correct...Thanks!
Now an update with pics...
carpet before 02JoeGhost cleaned it.
DSC02535.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

after
DSC02537.jpg

DSC02540.jpg

Thanks Joe!

DSC02538.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02546.jpg