Teacher fired for giving 0% to students who didn't turn in homework

Zemedici

Established Member
They aren’t the only one either, believe me.

Most of the time kids are allowed to turn shit in late too - like end of the year. They want it to be possible for everyone to graduate.

Graduation rates are bullshit

The ‘no child left behind’ was a severe detriment to the non retards

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
They aren’t the only one either, believe me.

Most of the time kids are allowed to turn shit in late too - like end of the year. They want it to be possible for everyone to graduate.

Graduation rates are bullshit
Damn schools are so overcrowded here. They can’t build new ones fast enough.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

My folks moved to FL from MN because my dad's emphysema was so bad. Cypress Lakes High was so busy they ran 2 5 hour shifts. My sister lived in Cape Coral and when they built the new high school I thought it was weird they built it in the middle of nowhere surrounded by empty lots. I see things haven't changed.

Fun fact: I had never seen a Black American in the flesh until my folks moved me down to FL, quite the culture shock.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Yep. So many portables. Idiots look at school populations now and then that’s what they build for 5 years later so they still have an assload of portables.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
My folks moved to FL from MN because my dad's emphysema was so bad. Cypress Lakes High was so busy they ran 2 5 hour shifts. My sister lived in Cape Coral and when they built the new high school I thought it was weird they built it in the middle of nowhere surrounded by empty lots. I see things haven't changed.

Fun fact: I had never seen a Black American in the flesh until my folks moved me down to FL, quite the culture shock.
this explains a lot

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
crazy stuff indeed. no work should = 0
BUT
i'm sure this isn't about the grades, it is about a teacher that refuses to do what she's been instructed to do. you don't have to like your job, you just have to do it.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
I worked in a school like this. Had a student earn a 27%. Had to give them a 50. Only reason they got that high was the in-class assignments.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thats insane. And a huge example of modern society coddling the youth. What lessons are they going to learn about real life? That they can literally skate, literally fail at school and still be rewarded with a graduating grade?

This is why so many young people cant handle the real world. Why we have an entire political party that caters to these idiots and why PC is the norm now. Absolutely disgusting.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It’s the same we are doing with government and our entitlement agenda when they are adults. Don’t work and give them $50k in welfare a year.

Might as well teach them young.

Yes the smartass answer.

Stanger00

Established Member
I'm sure you military folks in here know all about this culture when it comes to performance reviews. You know how hard it was to give someone a 3 on their EPR in the Air Force, damn near impossible without some punitive punishments to back up that 3 rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevins89notch

Established Member
WTF man. Is there a petition online somewhere.

First off, petitions are worthless.

Second...for what? She took a job, ignored the rules, did as she wanted, and was fired. That's how a job works. Take a job at McD and give a homeless man a coffee in the winter time and you'll be fired for theft. Even when you do what's "right" it doesn't matter.

bglf83

Established Member
Yep. So many portables. Idiots look at school populations now and then that’s what they build for 5 years later so they still have an assload of portables.
I live in Texas but travel to Cleveland Ohio periodically. I believe they have to opposite problem, they were doing school consolidation last year if I recall correctly.

Same thing happens in the inner cities. People are running from blue.

luker669

Established Member
I’m pretty sure it also has something to do with $$. If to many students fail the state tests the get less money from the government, also why they are so strict on absences.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A huge example of modern society coddling the youth. What lessons are they going to learn about real life? That they can literally skate, literally fail at school and still be rewarded with a graduating grade?

This is why so many young people cant handle the real world. Why we have an entire political party that caters to these idiots and why PC is the norm now. Absolutely disgusting.
This! Absolutely true!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The ‘no child left behind’ was a severe detriment to the non retards

Was good in theory, but was a shitshow.

I thought NCLB was replaced in 15 with Every Student Succeeds Act, which scaled back the fed role in K-12 schools?

Quick edit:

The Every Student Succeeds Act: An ESSA Overview

The new Every Student Succeeds Act, signed into law Dec. 10, 2015, rolls back much of the federal government's big footprint in education policy, on everything from testing and teacher quality to low-performing schools. And it gives new leeway to states in calling the shots.

That's a big change from the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB), which ESSA replaced and updated.

The Every Student Succeeds Act takes full effect in the 2017-18 school year. Below are key elements of the law.

One more edit:

St. Lucie County superintendent talks about 'no zero' grading policy

“You want to make sure that the grade themselves are not punitive in nature. Students are required to meet certain standards. If you don’t meet it on the first shot then we’re going to give you other opportunities to meet it," Superintendent E. Wayne Gent said, in a sit-down interview Tuesday afternoon.

Gent said students who have difficulty in school don’t often feel positive academic pressure from simply being given a zero when they don't turn in an assignment.

"The easy way is to say, 'Ok, we’re going to move on and leave you behind,' and that student is going to be unsuccessful," he said. "That’s not the culture that we’ve established in the school district.”

Gent reminds people a 50 percent is still a failing grade, which on a four-point grade point average scale is considered a 0.

"We’re not making it easy for students," he said. "It’s holding them accountable. It’s rigor. It’s hard work. We want to make it more difficult to fail than easier to succeed.”

Michelle Mccown said she was surprised to see a 50 percent grade on her daughter's online grade log for assignments that haven't been turned in yet because she was out for doctors appointments. Her daughter attends Southern Oaks Middle School.

“It’s not right," she said. "It teaches them to be lazy.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread