Tasca Ford day at Epping?

svt1111

Established Member
Track was real good yesterday. Hit my best of 11.42 and also fastest mph at 123.54. Have to tint the windows now, or do a cage, as my day was over before it started. Opened with an 11.506 and second pass they told me I was done.

There was a nice mixture of cars there, and it was cool to be parked in the pits next to Tasca and his Cobra Jet!

Anyone see what that yellow Ford GT ran yesterday? All I knew was when he came back to the pits it smelled like clutch for an hour.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I am so pissed that I couldnt make this. P I S S E D!!!!!!!!!!!!

lxfiveo

Established Member
Anyone see what that yellow Ford GT ran yesterday? All I knew was when he came back to the pits it smelled like clutch for an hour.

Dude clearly had never been to the track before.....smokes his clutch on a blistering 14.95 run and then his second time down he leaves before they even activate the tree!! lol

Phlobus - saw you running that beautiful truck Friday night....was there in my Pontiac GXP, which we managed to get into the 12's in bone stock form!! Sadly, turns out 3 others have already done that before me. lol

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Track was real good yesterday. Hit my best of 11.42 and also fastest mph at 123.54. Have to tint the windows now, or do a cage, as my day was over before it started. Opened with an 11.506 and second pass they told me I was done.

There was a nice mixture of cars there, and it was cool to be parked in the pits next to Tasca and his Cobra Jet!

I heard a 14 on the first pass...lol

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Dude clearly had never been to the track before.....smokes his clutch on a blistering 14.95 run and then his second time down he leaves before they even activate the tree!! lol

Phlobus - saw you running that beautiful truck Friday night....was there in my Pontiac GXP, which we managed to get into the 12's in bone stock form!! Sadly, turns out 3 others have already done that before me. lol

Oh yeah I saw the GXP there.

svt1111

Established Member
Jake,

Saw one of your 9 second passes. Great job! Looked like the changes you made might have compromised one another, maybe a little less power up top and too much torque off the line? Either way, it was great to see that rocket in action rather than reading about it on here.

Anyone see who won the GT500 vs. Cobra shootout? I know it was down to a black and a silver Cobra. The guy in the black cobra is the one I was racing when I got the boot.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Jake,

Saw one of your 9 second passes. Great job! Looked like the changes you made might have compromised one another, maybe a little less power up top and too much torque off the line? Either way, it was great to see that rocket in action rather than reading about it on here.

Anyone see who won the GT500 vs. Cobra shootout? I know it was down to a black and a silver Cobra. The guy in the black cobra is the one I was racing when I got the boot.

yes...the black one won...Rick was super happy. he had a blast.

svt1111

Established Member
yes...the black one won...Rick was super happy. he had a blast.

Oh, cool.

Rick and I had a great race. I was watching my tach when I looked up and saw the green light, so I knew I had to go.... I caught him mid track and went by slightly at the stripe. I think he was 11.7 to my 11.4, but I had about 5 mph on him by then as well. We spoke about it after I was told I went too fast and he was psyched about our race. Said he saw me go 11.50 in the first round of qualifiying and knew he had to tree me, which he did. It would have been nice if I could have been allowed to remain in competition as he was a fun guy to race against!

I hate pro-trees when I'm learning a car.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Rick was psyched...he was goign on and on how happy he was with his racing. That class you guys were in was crazy...i wish I was a better driver as I woulda entered that just to have some fun!!

All in all was a good day...feel bad for that fox who stood it up on the bumper...all 4 wheels off the ground.:dw:

I even placed in in the car show lol

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Rick was psyched...he was goign on and on how happy he was with his racing. That class you guys were in was crazy...i wish I was a better driver as I woulda entered that just to have some fun!!

All in all was a good day...feel bad for that fox who stood it up on the bumper...all 4 wheels off the ground.:dw:

He did that 2x lol. He's a great guy. Met him there and talked with him quite a bit. He owns Pete's (Performance Dyno) old Zinc Yellow 03.

lxfiveo

Established Member
I think they should consider doing Tasca in September not October

It's always been in October....likely because two weeks out of September are already taken up with the IHRA Nationals and Pro-AM. Probably be pretty tough getting it squeezed in there.

svt1111

Established Member

Congrats on the car show, man! I saw your car there, me and a friend were drooling over it. I love 10th Anniversary's.

That stock blower class is cool. I wasn't allowed to stay in it long enough, but was it heads up?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Congrats on the car show, man! I saw your car there, me and a friend were drooling over it. I love 10th Anniversary's.

That stock blower class is cool. I wasn't allowed to stay in it long enough, but was it heads up?

Thanks man, I appreciate it..I don't drive it that much so it was good to get it out for the last time this year

He did that 2x lol. He's a great guy. Met him there and talked with him quite a bit. He owns Pete's (Performance Dyno) old Zinc Yellow 03.

Ahh, so that was you...I always see you post on here and wondered if that was your car. Looks KILLER with those CCW's....LOVE it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread