Talk to me about these suspension/steering mods

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Yeah, im not far from etown. I hadn't had that specifically in mind, but Im glad to hear there are more choices out there. I tend to go on drive with members of a porsche forum, and although I never have problems keeping up, I hate the vague feelings from the suspension and steering.

That said, I have ordered

2 x tokico d-spec
aluminum rack bushings
front SS brake lines

Oliver why just the fronts?

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Something else just occurred to me and I don't think anyone suggested it so far. Get some adjustable castor/camber plates for the front and get an aggressive alignment with negative camber and a bit of toe-in. That will help make the front end more responsive. Don't forget an alignment on the rear as well. A good road course spec alignment will help with turn in and response.

Kevin

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Something else just occurred to me and I don't think anyone suggested it so far. Get some adjustable castor/camber plates for the front and get an aggressive alignment with negative camber and a bit of toe-in. That will help make the front end more responsive. Don't forget an alignment on the rear as well. A good road course spec alignment will help with turn in and response.

Kevin

Im going to stick with a bit more street friendly alignment for right now with just a bit of neg. camber. Im looking into CC plates as well.

Solid rear, so nothing to align out back.

KA2, I believe I already have a set for the rear, and since so little of the braking power comes from the back, I don't believe it to be as critical.

brkntrxn

Established Member
Forgot about your solid rear. As for CC plates, I like my Maximum Motorsports plates. Several people have posted their alignment specs over in the Track forum, you might find something that is street friendly if you search.

As for pads when you do hit the track, I have had really good results with my Carbotech XP10 front pads, XP8 rear pads, Brembo OEM blank rotors, and Anthony's front brake ducts and plates. Make sure you flush out your brake fluid for a good synthetic. Motul 600 is good, so is Castrol Synthetic (easy and cheap to find).

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
how do you feel about the Ford Hi Po brake fluid. Thats what I planned to use when I do the brake fluid swap/bleed/line install.

brkntrxn

Established Member
I know of a couple of guys using it with good results. One of them is a long time Foxbody racer that does a lot of track events. I personally use the Castrol stuff and have had no brake fluid related fade issues (I have overheated my pads before installing the ducts). As long as you do a complete flush and then bleed them w/in 30 days of any track event, you are usually fine. In my opinion, the key is installing brake ducts. They are more of a safety factor and not a performance install if you know what I mean. The cooler you keep your brakes, the better life you get out of your pads, rotos and bearings.

Users who are viewing this thread